IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets Muhammad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - True Love for the Messenger of Allaah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

True Love for the Messenger of Allaah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: True Love for the Messenger of Allaah
    Posted: 07 August 2006 at 11:05am
True Love for the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam)

Written by Abu Saifillah

With the despicable portrayal of the Prophet Mohammad (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) by some evil Danish journalists, then other than them, it becomes necessary to explain to the Muslims who are numb, or unhurt by this attack on the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) exactly how they should be feeling. I hope the information below will be of some benefit to all.

My dear respected brothers and sisters, we are living today in an era very different from that of the companions (radee Allaahu �anhum). Those illustrious companions truly loved the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam). Their love for him was like our love for our children when they are so small and in need of us and do everything to please us.

For us to be successful like the companions our love for him (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) must supersede our love for our children and our wealth and our property.

�Umar ibn al-Khataab said to the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam): �Verily I love you more than anything in this world except myself.� The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) said to him: �No O �Umar, verily you do not truly believe until you love me more than your own self.� Then �Umar said: �Then I love you more than the whole world and myself.� (Saheeh al-Bukhaaree)

Allaah said:

�Say (O Muhammad to mankind): �If you (really) love Allaah then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Qur'aan and the Sunnah), Allaah will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful�.� (Aali Imran 3:31)

This love they had for the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) led them to be loved by Allaah, as Allaah confirmed in His saying:

�And the first to embrace Islam of the Muhaajirun (those who migrated from Makkah to al-Madeenah) and the Ansaar (the citizens of al-Madeenah who helped and gave aid to the Muhaajirun) and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allaah is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success.� (At-Tawbah 9:100)

This love they had for Allaah Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) led them to be leaders and successors in the earth as Allaah confirmed in his saying:

�Allaah has promised those among you who believe, and do righteous good deeds, that He will certainly grant them succession to (the present rulers) in the earth, as He granted it to those before them...� (An-Nur 24:55)

In this day and age in this era where Islam is being attacked, Muslims are being humiliated and Muslim land is being taken from them by monkeys and pigs, we are in need of TRULY LOVING THE MESSENGER OF ALLAAH (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam). We only have to look into our own selves and we can see how little we love the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam). Or what a big lie we tell ourselves � that we love Allaah�s Messenger (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam).

The yard stick is clear � we can measure our love to see if it is TRUE as we claim, to see if we are contributing to the victory, success and establishment of Islam in the earth or not. The measurement is the companions. Let us examine the degree of their love for the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) which earned them Allaah�s love, which earned them establishment, success, and victory in the earth. They are the measurement because Allaah said:

�And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers� way. We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell - what an evil destination.� (An-Nisa 4:115)

Abu Bakr as-Sadeeq (radee Allaahu �anhu)

Abu Bakr (radee Allaahu �anhu) and the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) were the last to leave Makkah to perform the hijra. The quraish were chasing behind him they wanted to catch and kill them. None caught up with them except Suraaq bin Maalik bin Jasham he was about 2 or 3 spears throws away. Abu Bakr looked at him and began to fear for the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) and said: �Look O Messenger of Allaah this rider has caught up with us.� The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) said: �Do not fear Allaah is with us.� Then he approached closer, and that�s when Abu Bakr�s love of the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) came apparent he began to cry and said: �The searcher has caught up with us.� The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) said: �Why are you crying?� He replied: �By Allaah I am not crying for myself but I am crying for you.�

When Abu Bakr as-Sadeeq (radee Allaahu �anhu) became the khalifa, a group of the Arabs raised their swords against the Muslims, they thought that now the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) was gone that they could take over the Muslims. Amongst them were munafiqs, pagans, and apostates. They saw the Muslims as being weak.

Before the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) died he ordered an army accompanied by Usaamah (radee Allaahu �anhu) to be sent to Shaam to fight the pagans there. But this was all on hold when he became ill. Abu Bakr (radee Allaahu �anhu) dispatched this army saying: �The Messenger of Allaah had ordered this when he was alive and I will dispatch this army even if birds of prey would snatch me away, even if their remained no one in there town but me.� He unsheathed his sword and walked out.

�Umar ibn al-Khattaab (radee Allaahu �anhu)

When the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) passed away the news had shocked the people Abu Bakr (radee Allaahu �anhu) wept and kissed him on the forehead, �Alee (radee Allaahu �anhu) overwhelmed by emotion left Madeenah and was unseen for days. �Umar ibn al-khattaab (radee Allaahu �anhu) refused to believe he was dead � his love for the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) reached that level where he would not believe that the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) had died.

One narration said when the news came to �Umar (radee Allaahu �anhu) of the death of the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) his legs collapsed and he fell to the ground, in another narration he said: �Whoever says the messenger is dead I will take off his head.� Until Abu Bakr stood in front of the people and announced the verse:

�Muhammad is no more than a Messenger, and indeed (many) Messengers have passed away before him. If he dies or is killed, will you then turn back on your heels (as disbelievers)?� (Aali Imran 3:144)

Then the companions (radee Allaahu �anhum) said: �When Abu Bakr (radee Allaahu �anhu) read this verse it was as though this verse had just been revealed and we had not known it before. Then Allaah placed sakeenah in our hearts.�

The Women at the Time of the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam)

A women came to the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) accompanied by her daughter who was wearing two heavy gold bangles on her hands. The prophet (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) said to her: �Are you paying Zakaat for them?� She replied: �No.� He (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) then said: �Are you pleased that Allaah may replace them with two bangles of fire on the day of resurrection?� Thereupon she took them off and placed them before the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) saying: �They are for Allaah. And his Messenger (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam).�

See how much this woman loved the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam), she did not limit herself to what he said and pay Zakaat on them; rather, she took them off and presented them in charity for the sake of Allaah Most High.

In the famous hadeeth where the Prophet (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) announced to the Muslims to bring whatever they have of sadaqa for a forthcoming expedition. A woman offered her baby child to the messenger, he said: �And what will I do with this baby?� The woman replied: �Oh Messenger of Allaah, when an arrow comes your way then place my child in front of it.� (Saheeh al-Bukhaaree)

�Anas bin an�Nadr (radee Allaahu �anhu)

After the battle of Badr, the companions were talking to each other about other companions bravery and battle skills and fierceness in fighting. Anas bin an-Nadr (radee Allaahu �anhu) took an oath and said: �If Allaah allows me to fight in his cause then you all will see how I will fight.�

Then the battle of Uhud came about and �Anas (radee Allaahu �anhu) prepared himself and when the battle came to its most heated moment news had spread that the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) was dead, some of the Muslims sat down. He came to them and said: �What makes you sit down?� They said: The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) has died.� He said to them: �Then what are you doing with your lives, rise and fight and die for what the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) died for.� (Seera bin Hishaam)

In another narration in Saheeh al-Bukhaaree narrated from �Anas bin Maalik (radee Allaahu �anhu) (of this same story) who said:

�When the Muslims fled the battle of Uhud �Anas bin an-Nadr said: �Oh Allaah I apologise to you for what they have done, and I denounce what these pagans have done.� He then advanced and Saad bin Muaad (radee Allaahu �anhu) met him, he (�Anas bin an-Nadr) said: �O Saad bin Muaad, by the lord of an-Nadr I smell paradise coming from this side of Uhud.� He fought and fought until he was killed. He done this for Allaah thinking that the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) was killed, his love for the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) led him to this degree.

They found his body and there were more than 80 wounds in it from swords and arrows, they said: �We found his body mutilated so badly that only his sister could recognize him by his fingers.� �Anas bin Maalik (radee Allaahu �anhu) said then the following verse was revealed concerning him and others of his calibre:

�Among the believers are men who have been true to their covenant with Allaah [i.e. they have gone out for Jihaad (holy fighting), and showed not their backs to the disbelievers], of them some have fulfilled their obligations (i.e. have been martyred), and some of them are still waiting, but they have never changed [i.e. they never proved treacherous to their covenant which they concluded with Allaah] in the least.� (Al-Ahzab 33:23)

Brothers and sisters we should be afraid that despite our claim to love for Allaah�s Messenger (sall-Allaahu �alayhi wa sallam) we have become from those who Allaah has mentioned in the following verse:

�They have hearts wherewith they understand not, they have eyes wherewith they see not, and they have ears wherewith they hear not (the truth). They are like cattle, nay even more astray; those! They are the heedless ones.� (Al-A'raf 7:179)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2006 at 12:35pm
Assalaamualaikum

Jazakallahkhair brother! I wish we could love the prophet sallallahu alayhi wassallam (ok , i used no abbreviation!) the way the sahabaas loved him.  The only way to truly love him is practice his sunnah as much as possible. May Allah enable us to do it.........

Wassalaam
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2006 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

AssalaamualaikumJazakallahkhair brother! I wish we could love the prophet sallallahu alayhi wassallam (ok , i used no abbreviation!) the way the sahabaas loved him.  The only way to truly love him is practice his sunnah as much as possible. May Allah enable us to do it.........Wassalaam

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullah,

Wa iyyakum uhkti.

Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) said "None of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father, his children and all mankind." (Bukhari)

One sahabi said he would rather die than have the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) feel the pain in his foot from stepping on a thorn. This means the sahabi would die to prevent Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) from feeling the faintest amount of pain.

Edited by Knowledge01
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2006 at 3:08am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

One sahabi said he would rather die than have the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) feel the pain in his foot from stepping on a thorn. This means the sahabi would die to prevent Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) from feeling the faintest amount of pain.

JazakAllah khair brother. May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala bless us with the comprehension of His deen and ability to follow it inshaAllah

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2006 at 8:37am
Originally posted by fatima fatima wrote:

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

JazakAllah khair brother. May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala bless us with the comprehension of His deen and ability to follow it inshaAllah

wassalam

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullah,

Wa iyyakum. Ameen.
jabedi View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 6:18pm

I know this man (pbuh) and by God I respect him.

If I could have my way, I would be holding a sign right now that reads 'Mohammed (pbuh) For President"   ; )

Wasalam/Best

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic