IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim Communities in the USA?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim Communities in the USA?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2006 at 10:13am
though i dont know much about the rural communities, we find many muslims in the cities.

Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Kindly ask America NOT to give the rest of the world the RIGHT to generalise or in whatever way we feel about your country.

TODAY, the whole world considers each American as an accomplice of the US brutality.

It's NOT my fault.

average americans think that they are doing the right thing.  but its not their fault.  the media is controlled by the government.  remember v for vendetta or the old one like escape from la (of course there are many)?  they are the allegories of the situation there.

by the way, do you still visit istanbul?  i really love that place and miss it a lot.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2006 at 1:46pm

by the way, do you still visit istanbul?  i really love that place and miss it a lot.
Brader'em keh Istanbul ruah v jaan e hazaar h'sti est.

Would find any excuse to be in Sultan Ahmet or Kazi Koy.

mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2006 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Brader'em keh Istanbul ruah v jaan e hazaar h'sti est.

Would find any excuse to be in Sultan Ahmet or Kazi Koy.

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
USA1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 10:49am

How can all these foreigners comment on what life is like here in the states? For the most part, it's bull. You have no idea how most Americans feel. Generalized statements about Americans and what we believe serves no purpose.

They just don't get it!
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 11:27am
My friend, are we sleep talking?
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 5:33pm

Nope...he's not sleep talking.  He's stating a fact.  Most people on this site really do not associate with, or really know, the average American. 

What is on this site amazes me at times.  I have yet to hear any Muslim stand up and say it is wrong to hijack international commercial airliners, with the full intent of blowing them up over large metropolitan cities, thus allowing massive amounts of body parts, jet fuel, fire, and plane pieces rain down on thousands of more totally innocent people....people from all cultures, races, religions, genders, and political views.  Terrorists are one thing....equal opportunity killers.  Hatefilled killers who do not want to converse, ever have peace in the middle east, or make any effort to strive for parity.  They are consumed with hate.  The US was not in Iraq when 911 occurred....what was their excuse then?

Sorry, I cannot understand the mindset of those who are so filled with hatred for so many people that they would stoop to deliberately and with malice and full desire, set out to slaughter several thousands of completely and totally innocent people. 

To say it's because the US is presently occupying Iraq/Afghanistan is ridiculous.  I wish we could leave yesterday!!  I hope we do leave immediately....but I have no say in the matter.  But, I can guarantee you that even if America withdraws her troops from every corner of the world, our terrorists will still be going full speed ahead in their efforts to murder, in as horribly a manner as possible, anyone who is not exactly as hatefilled and evil as they. 

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 5:40am

Nope...he's not sleep talking.  He's stating a fact.  Most people on this site really do not associate with, or really know, the average American. 

Patty, I wish you would post without any mention of �hate� and other stuff and we could begin to at least parley if not try and bridge this gap between the American and the Human species.

You are right, most of us see Americans only in body armours, wandering around in conquered lands, with dark shades. Abu Gharaib and Gitmo has done so much damage to the average American�s image that it's hard for most Americans to understand. The American image has become almost as stereotyped as is the average Arab�s image in the US.

What is on this site amazes me at times.  I have yet to hear any Muslim stand up and say it is wrong to hijack international commercial airliners, with the full intent of blowing them up over large metropolitan cities, thus allowing massive amounts of body parts, jet fuel, fire, and plane pieces rain down on thousands of more totally innocent people.... people from all cultures, races, religions, genders, and political views. 

I was in Istanbul on 11th Sept 2001.

I remember, I met a famous L A documentary producer (the crew was having a break after attending some festival in Eastern Europe). Her comments: "I am more surprised at what took it so long coming"?

It's extremely sad, but it was coming, perpetuated by American policies and brutal acts. The day more Americans begin to understand that, you will see more and more Muslims sympathy with your concerns.

The day Americans begin to feel the pain of "the children of a lesser God" (not my mine, but the Lebanese Prime Minister's word) our world would set for Peace.

Terrorists are one thing.... equal opportunity killers.  Hatefilled killers who do not want to converse, ever have peace in the middle east, or make any effort to strive for parity.  They are consumed with hate.  The US was not in Iraq when 911 occurred....what was their excuse then?

Prior to Iraq, the Americans were occupying Saudi Arabia, under some pretext of an invitation (forced on the House of Saud). Plus, they have been actively supporting Muslim killings in a number of places, primarily, in Palestine � ironically, with your $3,200,000,000 tax dollars a year!

Peace in the Middle East?

We can never have it. For some reason or strategy, US doesn't want peace in that region - go through the United Nations records and find all resolutions for any honourable Mid East settlement VETOED by who?

Have a heart and look at that instead of unfairly accusing people of hate.

Sorry, I cannot understand the mindset of those who are so filled with hatred for so many people that they would stoop to deliberately and with malice and full desire, set out to slaughter several thousands of completely and totally innocent people. 

I sincerely hope that one day you would sit with someone with some idea of global affairs or read some serious book. You will come to know that this has nothing to do with the mindset as spun by the US media but actually with the US policy.

To say it's because the US is presently occupying Iraq / Afghanistan is ridiculous.  I wish we could leave yesterday!!  I hope we do leave immediately....but I have no say in the matter. 

Really? What�s so hard for you to understand about the simple fact that occupations do cause consequences?

Have you told your Rep or Congress person that you want to leave yesterday?

But, I can guarantee you that even if America withdraws her troops from every corner of the world, our terrorists will still be going full speed ahead in their efforts to murder, in as horribly a manner as possible, anyone who is not exactly as hatefilled and evil as they. 

Sorry, Patty, at once a wrong number.

Why don�t people go out and bomb Sweden or, Switzerland, for that matter?

Is it human what your country is doing to Lebanon?

Giving Israeli butchers absolute Green Light to massacre Lebanese to their hearts desire, kill babies in cots and rain destruction all across their land?

What do you really expect all of this to cause? Some warm Christmas party or a sunny B B Q? My friend, innocence is fine, but extreme innocence is known something else.

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 9:33am

Whisper, I have worked for 3 different federal government agencies.  I know people from as many countries as you.  They do not have the same opinion as you...actually many are quite the opposite.

It is terrible that ANY infant or innocent person dies as the result of war.  I am not a warmongerer, and as I have repeatedly stated I don't hate anyone.  You like to paint me as an ignorant, uninformed American....that simply is not so....but have at it.  I just don't happen to kneel at your feet as many do, and I have different opinions from yours.  I read constantly...ALL sides of the issues.  I am definitely not a racist of any sort....I was nearly married to a Muslim in LA back in the 70s....so please cut that bull out.  We didn't marry only because I felt he was too young for me at that time.

You can only focus on the pain and suffering of the people of the Middle East.  And of course the Jews are suffering too.  We all are, albeit some at this time are not physically suffering, but rather emotionally.

My main problem with your posts is your constant insults to anyone who dares not agree with you.  I realize this is a Muslim site, so if we "infidels" are not welcome here with our (opposite) opinions, just say the word, and we'll be gone.  I don't recall ever insulting you, but you are not so "gentle" with your language.  Yet, if I were to use the very same insulting phrases towards you, there is no doubt I would be either warned or banned.  Not exactly fair, is it? 

I was wondering the other day about something....not that it really makes any difference....but are you a member of Islam?  I don't remember ever seeing you write about Allah.  If you have, I guess I missed it.  I am only curious, it's really none of my business.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic