IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tell me of Islams beauty  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tell me of Islams beauty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tell me of Islams beauty
    Posted: 03 August 2006 at 7:07am

I have a special request, and hope it is in no way insulting. Finding the words to ask this is difficult.

I don't have much personal contact with Moslem people. Please tell me of the things in your personal life that make you know you are on the right path. I would like to read your words, close my eyes, and put myself in your place and experience the beauty you see.

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2006 at 7:42am

Dear Ginghis,

Surely your request is the most lovely request I have ever seen posted by a non-Muslim on this forum.  Certainly you must be a true seeker of truth.  I don't know if anyone can express in words what you ask, but, insha'allah (Allah willing) many may try.  I will give it a go...

I was not always Muslim, so I have experienced life from both perspectives.  Before discovering Islam, my life was a bundle of stress, anxiety, worry, uncertainty, and fast paced living.  I was jaded, angry, unsettled and pretty much ticked off most of the time - not a great way to be.

After becoming Muslim and learning (and continuing to learn) about this beautiful faith, my life has completely changed.  I am at peace.  Can you understand the significance of these words?

My days are filled with the remembrance of Allah, prayer and reading Qur'an.  I do what I can of charitible works, help others when ever I am able and focus on pleasing Allah.  My life has changed focus from "what the heck?" to "what can I do to please my Lord?".  I am at peace.

This world is fast spiralling out of all reason.  My "old" self would have been an absolute wreck over the craziness of current events.  Now, as a Muslim, I am focused on pleasing Allah and find myself so calm and serene.  Of course the current events of the world are upsetting and even frightening, but, by putting all my trust in Allah, I fear nothing and stay calm.  I am at peace.

I find comfort and joy in the little things in life: beautiful flowers, bumble bees, the incredible and beautiful diversity of humankind...this joy and comfort is so easy to find and it bolsters me against all the bad and evil in the world. 

In Islam, in Allah, I find comfort, joy, serenity and most of all peace.  Allah's gift to us, the Qur'an, answers all my questions, calms all my fears, opens up new ways of thinking and looking at the world and brings me an inner peace I have never experienced from anything else.

Following Islam, submitting to Allah, is better than anything!  I don't know how else to describe it to you, but with the simple words: I am at peace.

Thanks for asking.  I hope that you find what you are looking for.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Ginghis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2006 at 8:20am
I hope none of the guys come around the corner and see my tears, I understand
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2006 at 8:39am

Bismillah,

Islaam gives order, peace and beauty to a world filled with anxiety and unsurety.  When we follow Islaam, we respect, love, and nurture not only our fellow Muslims, but all who show a similar respect and love of our All-Powerful, All-Knowing, Loving, Merciful, Avenging Lord.

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2006 at 10:11am
Brother Ginghis (i assume you are brother)

Indeed difficult to express in words! I read somewhere..."the most beautiful things in life are not heard or seen, only felt".

Sister ummziba and sister herjihad mentioned one common word..."peace". I experience the same and I am sure (insha allah) every Muslim will say it too!

And any revert would describe this feeling of peace, best. Any Muslim who did not practice Islam but later started doing it will experience it too.

What Islam gave me? Knowing Allah, the most beautiful. The sense of security is amazing. Your unshakable trust in Allah. The words of the Quran, so full of wisdom and guidance, you cannot find it anywhere. The noble Prophet Muhammad (saw), his life, his teachings...The sense of brotherhood/sisterhood between Muslims is one thing I love. Doing something for the sake of Allah alone and not expecting rewards from humans is an islamic concept.

As a Muslim you have hope of Allah's Mercy in  this world and the next, you know the answers to so many questions....why we are in this world, what will happen after death, what Allah wants from us and what has He promised us...

Basically everything makes sense, Islam is clear about everything. Another thing is discipline, the rules keep us in check!

Yes we can go on....but can't find enough words. Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.

Wassalaam.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Ginghis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2006 at 10:33am

Yes, you assumption is correct, I am father to 5 daughters and 1 son and none of them live at home anymore. That should tell you a bit.

Thank you.

Define "Bismillah" please.

Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2006 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Ginghis Ginghis wrote:

Define "Bismillah" please.

"Bismillah" means "In the name of God".
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2006 at 11:40am
The first thing I think of when I think of beauty is the Qur'an. It is beautiful to hear it, read it, understand it, ponder about it, act on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic