IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Words of Jesus  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Words of Jesus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
B.H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 3:35pm

According to Islam, the Quran, Jesus didnt not die at all... He was raised up to the heavens ALIVE.

I am sorry but even the Koran qoutes Jesus as saying he will die.

DigitalStorm82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 12:02am
Peace and blessings to all

I would like to make something clear to all...

According to Islam, the Quran, Jesus didnt not die at all... He was raised up to the heavens ALIVE.

It says in the Quran... They did not kill him, neither did they crucify him.

Sister patty, Jesus indeed was a great prophet and performed many miracles with the permission of God.

Jesus never claimed divinity even in the Bible... He said...

"By myself I can do nothing: I judge only according to what I hear from the Father"

Without God, he can do nothing... so how can he be God himself? If he can't do anything himself.

Something else to ponder...

Jesus was supposedly crucified on friday.. that is why its known as "Good Friday"

In Gospel of John Ch. 20: V.1
It was the first day of the week, Sunday morning, the tomb was found empty by marry.

So, that leaves him in the tomb for

FRIDAY NIGHT
SATURDAY NIGHT   &   SATURDAY DAY

In Gospel of Mathew Chapter 12: V. 39-40
Jesus said: You evil and adulterous generation, seek here for a sign, no sign shall be given to you but the sign of Jonah. For as Jonah was  three days and three nights in the belly of whale so shall the son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Jonah was ALIVE (otherwise no miracle) in the belly of the whale...  so for Jesus to fulfill his prophecy in Gospel of Mathew chapter 12 verse 39-40   Jesus should be alive in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights like Jonah.

So, If Jesus was alive in the tomb... he fulfilled his prophecy of being alive... but he still never stayed in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights as the tomb was empty on sunday morning.  So if Jesus was alive... that means he wasn't crucified...

If, Jesus was dead in the tomb... he was UNLIKE JONAH ...he didn't fulfill his prophecy... He Lied? God Forbid... Jesus wasn't a liar.

All of this is according to the bible...

Muslims beleive that Jesus was raised up to the heaven before any of this... It was made to APPEAR that Jesus was crucified...

This may be very confusing to you... if you have any questions please ask.  And, I appologize if I have offended you or your beliefs... I'm just trying to show you something in your own beliefs.  Maybe you can clear it up for me and yourself.

Peace be with you.
Hamid

Ma'Salama,
Hamid
B.H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 7:32am

Amah,

Jesus himself said he would die in peace, though he did not die on the cross if I understand right.

One qoute from the Holy Quran is from Jesus himself found in 19:32-33. Another is found in 3:55, and comparing it with 19:32-33 I assume Allah took him by allowing him to die first.

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 4:25am

Amah, maybe B.H. meant that Jesus "eventually" died and went to Paradise....not that he died on the cross.  Just a guess from me.

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 4:25am
Patty,

If we do not love our neighbour, it is our shortcoming. May Allah guide us to be better human beings.

Peace.
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 4:17am
Originally posted by B.H. B.H. wrote:

Jesus was indeed a prophet but only what the Koran says about him and his teachings are accurate.  The Bible that the Jews and Christians have contained the word of God, but has been corrupted by additions and subtractions over time. Not everything claimed by Christians that is found int the Bible is necessarily something Jesus actually said or did.

For example, the Bible teaches that Jesus was divine.  The Koran refutes this error, and on Judgement Day Jesus himself will rebuke those who worshipped him as divine and deny being deity.

Also, Jesus was not crucified either but the evil one planning to have him murdered in this fashioned died in such a way.  Jesus died and went to Paradise but has not been resurrected like the Bible claims.

The Koran teaches that Jesus was born of a virgin--Mary, so this part is true.

Masha Allah , well said, but I did not get this part right...you said Jesus died??

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 4:09am

Thank you both for responding to my question!  So I suppose at the bottom line, this is where faith comes in for all of us....the People of the Book.  We either have faith that the Bible or the Qur'an is true; we have faith that God would not have sent His words only to be twisted and cause confusion.......or, we believe he did; and we then try to live our lives as we all know Allah/God would expect us to live.  (Here is where we fail so miserably, don't you think?)  Why do we fail to "love our neighbor as ourselves" so often and so badly?  Do you believe it is because of our human nature?

Peace be with you.

Edited by Patty
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 2:58am

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Greetings Patty,

Hope you are doing better now. I am writing this with all due respect to you and your belief.

It is an article of faith for every Muslim to believe in all the Prophets of God and all revelations of God.

As Muslims we believe what the Quran says and also believe what the last Prophet  (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said.

The Taurah, the Zaboor or the Injeel (Bible) may partly contain the word of God but these books are certainly not the exact, accurate and complete revelations given to the prophets.

The Qur�an presents all the different prophets of Allah as belonging to one single brotherhood; all had a similar prophetic mission and the same basic message.

The Qur�an says that the differences which exist between various religions are not the responsibility of the prophets, but of the followers of these prophets who forgot part of what they had been taught, and furthermore, misinterpreted and changed the scriptures.

All prophets were sent to a particular nation, except Muhammad(pbuh), who was sent for  all mankind because he was the LAST prophet to be sent by Allah. If Jesus would have been the last prophet then we would have followed the Bible today. But always the teachings of all prophets were subject to deviations. Since Quran was the last revelation, Allah promised to guard its authenticity till the day of judgement.

We respect Jesus (peace be upon him) as much as any other Prophet but do not follow the Bible because we do not consider it �completely� authentic like the Quran. There is nothing contradictory about it. It is not Jesus� teachings that we disagree with, he taught what all the prophets taught. It  is the misinterpretations and changes made to all previous scriptures that keeps us away from them. This is our belief.

Hope I have explained it ok! Take care.

Peace.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic