IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Africans Receive  Their bibles  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Africans Receive Their bibles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 11:06am

Yeah I can tell it's sarcastic, but did they actually have missionaries deliver Bibles to starving people in Niger?  Are missionaries that insane that they spent money on leather bound bibles instead of leather bound cattle or food? 

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 11:13am
its sarcasm.. but it delivers the truth, missionaries failed to address their "survival" needs.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 12:04pm

Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

Is this article a joke?  It sounds like a prank to me. 

Why would you think I would post an article which shows an organization which is trying everything to raise millions of dollars for food for the starving?

I suppose I'm confused.

Peace to you.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 12:12pm

Not your article Patty...the one before that.

But ak, did that event actually happen and was it reported sarcastically?  Or is it just a sarcastic fiction that is reflective of missionary work?

Edited by Megatron
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 12:12pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

its sarcasm.. but it delivers the truth, missionaries failed to address their "survival" needs.

Ak_m_f, please do me the favor of sending me the link to the erroneous, misleading article you posted.  Thank you.

Btw, here's a "missionary" who was the former priest of my parish.  He founded and operates an orphanage in Haiti for children.  Our Church in Maine contributes to this orphanage every two weeks to help these children have all the care they need.

http://www.theoswork.org/

At the risk of (once again) looking like an old prude, I will also post this link to more of Fr. Marc's work.  And I would think with all the wars, bloodshed, and chaos now taking place in the world one would be more sensitive to spreading further confusion and hatred. 

http://www.omiusa.org/hopehouse.htm

God have mercy on us ALL.

Patty

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 12:13pm

Imagine those wasted $$

Edited by ak_m_f
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 12:32pm

Imagine the lives lost.....and the lives saved from godless dictators.  You were not alive then.  The N. Koreans were HORRIBLE!  Are we just supposed to stand by and do nothing??  The VIET CONG massacred hundreds of thousands....we were trying to stop them.  Yes, it was a political war which never should have been, but it was going on, and we (stupid fools that we are) were trying to stop the Viet Cong....have you read of Pol Pot?  I'm sure you must have heard what he did during the Vietnam War.

What is with this blame game?  It never ends!  I just don't get it.  And I feel that since we (Americans) are such horrid rapists, murderers, scoundrels, fighting only for self interests such as oil.....we would do well to come home and stay home.  Let everyone else decide who to kill or who to rape next.  I am 100% for isolationism, and for sending only humanitarian aid to countries in need.  Also, I believe we (like every other country) should always have the right to defend ourselves from attacks.  But for Americans to try to "help" free innocent people....NO.  It does no good, and only causes more hatred for us.  I'm finished with it.  The rest of the world can try to figure it all out..........without the US involvement at all.

Peace and Wisdom.

Patty

liyala View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liyala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 12:32pm

Megatron,

the article is from "the onion" a satirical website with newsletters n such... check it out at http://www.theonion.com/content/privacy

liyal.a
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic