IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mamas don’t....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mamas don’t....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 6:29am
Patty, please give us some links to the 'research' you have done.

Concluding that someone is narcissistic is hardly earth shattering
news: use a dictionary sometime and think about it. For every normal
sane decent human being, you will find three who judge him/her to
be suffering from some mental 'illness'. In fact, most such conditions
are perfectly normal and only cause problems when they disrupt
normal social interaction (whatever that may be ...)

The fashion for labelling each and every twist of human nature with
an officious sounding title can easily lead one to diagnose a long list
of mental problems and apply it to absolutely everybody.

You, more than most of us at this present moment should be aware
how a death of someone close to us can change our behaviour and
influence us in ways we never would have suspected previously.

The trend to build up personalities and watch while they bask in the
limelight is common world-wide. The ease with which society then
throws stones and accusations, 'discovers' past misdemeanours and
incoherencies, inconsitencies etc and proceeds to topple self-made
and media-made heroes is amazing to behold. It is today's best
selling entertainment.

As I said in an earlier post: what Cindy Sheehan thought or felt and
how she behaved prior to the death of her son is not relevant to the
importance of the cause she has embraced and given face and voice
to: bringing American troops out of Iraq. The media and others will
delight in shooting her down, and with what motive? If you do not
support her cause it is far easier to pick holes in her and accuse her
of having some kind of 'agenda' other than the one she really has:
that of showing her fellow countrymen the stark realities of Iraq
today, and how vital it is to get out of there.

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 8:46am

Patty,

You seem to think that not putting flowers on graves is some kind of terrible thing, but, dear, that is only from your perspective.

You might be interested to know that Muslims do not decorate graves, most don't even use headstones. 

You might like to read a bit about this here:

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=701&C ATE=115

Hope this helps show you another perspective about graves.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 12:15pm

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2006 at 10:04am

It is amazing how when someone comes out to call attention to our behavior we act in a defensive manner? We tend to turn around and "put down" the person. She is challenging the status quo. Never a good thing.

I am grateful that she has spoken out. Too many people are afraid. Whether or not she is "perfect" and meets every person's criteria she at least found a conscious. She is not a politician. What she did or not do before is irrelevant. We all should all be allowed to grow and change.  Sometimes it takes something like the loss of a loved one to "wake up."

We all also grieve very differently. No, one way is the answer. My parents buried three still-born babies and never did visit the graves. They were in their hearts and with the Divine.  

Yes, she may seek out publicity.. but is that bad to try and save lives?

Even if she does have �mental health issues� should that then make her unworthy of speaking?   

On another note: When my father passed away he wished to have his body donated to science. Those arrangements were made. About a year later his remains were buried. We do not know where. As my mother said, he is in our hearts and that is most important.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by <span =bold>Patty Patty wrote:

I have studied Cindy Sheehan very intensely.  At the most she is seriously mentally disturbed, and at the least she is an extremely polished passive/aggressive who is on a mission of publicity for HERSELF.

Which Crab is not, look at the POTUS. I think you are acting your personality of the Ram, and being too aggressive yourself on accusing a Crab mom on how to act on loss of loved one. Why would you study Cindy very intensely. What is your vested interest anyway unless you are a typical war mongering Aries yourself and can�t reconcile with her POV. Now she has a mission, so let it be.

Originally posted by <span =bold>Patty</span> Patty wrote:

She did not raise her son. 

Not true.

You don�t really believe in this false urban legend, do you?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/sheehan.asp

I have seen his grave.  There is no marker on it and NO flowers.  Unless they have just recently been placed there.)  

I don�t believe that, if you did travel clear across country to check on the gravesite and flowers.

For Crab Moms the life is more valuable than stones. I know quite a few crabs, How many do you ? Anyways I don't see it a valid issue.

She is a disgrace to the memory of her son.  This is not about her "lost son".  It's about HER.  She thrives on the publicity and attention this "cause" has bestowed upon her. 

I see you are one heck of a judgmental Catholic-MG!!! You are acting true to your sign of Ram, charging over the poor Cancer Mom over the loss of her son. She can not be like you Mrs Ram, they live on feelings. I have a Cancer child and also an Aries child. And I see their interaction on daily basis. I know so Don�t pass the judgment unless you want to be judged. 

I do know that (God forbid) if I lost a child, my child would have a headstone and flowers on their grave, as nearly every deceased child I have ever known has had.  I would not be clamoring for attention from the media from Hollywood stars, nor would I be stating repeatedly that "I am on a fast", and we must all "fast" for peace".....when picture after picture shows me to be heavier than ever. 

Again judgmental and don�t be too certain about anything, the Hollywood is in Jewish country, why would they take up her cause against the neo cons?

And I don't mean that she is not normal because she is grieving the loss of the son who didn't live with her.....she is not normal because she has some very significant mentally abnormal symptoms

Even if you were a MD Psychiatrist, this is harsh diagnosis on remote without any lab  or examination to level on Cindy. Again living with her thing--man the ram doesn't give up--this is such trivial issue as compared to not seeing him alive or her grand kids in her old age ever again which is the significant matter.

Issue is still valid this whole Iraq thing is based on lies, lies and lies.

You lie is one thing, the POTUS lies is a disaster for the enlisted and the weekend warriors who have assumed room temperature bcs they were so brain washed by the propaganda that with american hi tech fire power they are perfectly safe in their humvies and no raghead with fanbelt around his head could touch them. And the worlds largest oil field will belong to the good old USA/UK/neocons/ the oil companies. And it didn't turnout that way-- rest is history.

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2006 at 11:02pm

Edited by Hanan
Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2006 at 6:41am
Hanan, I'm so glad you came to this forum! Another passionate voice
of reason.

Without reading through your whole post (later), I must quote
something here and now for you, since I am right on this page of the
absolutely brilliant book: Iraq The Logic of Withdrawal, by Anthony
Rove, where he speaks of the need to gain that critical mass of
opposition we've spoken about before. He also says;

"We must highlight the class aspects of this war. Who is fighting,
who is dying, who is sending troops to fight? Why are there billions
of dollars available for this war, yet schools are crumbling and forty-
five million people in the United States do not have any health
insurance, while tens of millions more have inadequate or only
partial coverage?"

He speaks about how the war in Iraq is not using up the US's 'finest'
(as GW Bush would have us believe) but more like the US's dregs who
have very little choice but to enlist in an army which promises them
food and shelter, education etc., and who are energetically recruited
from the places they frequent by officers who understand precisely
the kind of 'cannon fodder' they're getting.
ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2006 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

By now thousands of United States of America soldiers and their families are on United States of America welfare! How shameful is THAT!

I become disgusted every time I see a �Support the Troops� ribbon, knowing that Americans DO NOT support their troops. These ribbons are a sham and merely an excuse to not have to do anything else.

Lounging on the couch with a Mega-Whopper and a Diet Coke on one's protruding stomach and watching soap operas, idiotic hollywood trash, pink-colored perfect-family flicks, admiring Bubya �Mission Accomplished� Bush on a battleship or US soldiers in Elvis-songs blasting Humvees shooting at civilian Iraqis' cars on Baghdad roads, does not constitute support for the troops.

Yep everyone I knew joined the military for the money. Anyways after your little private message to me, that I have yet to figure out why you sent it it, I really don't care about your opinion but I did want to point out one thing. That video you talking about was contractors who are NOT part of the military.

I become disgusted anytime a muslim sticks up for Hizbulla, Hamas or anyone of the several terrorists groups knowing you will never go join them in their fight. You post on a message board like you are doing something constructive and then you feel you never have to do anything else for the cause.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic