IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mamas don’t....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mamas don’t....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 3:38pm

I have studied Cindy Sheehan very intensely.  At the most she is seriously mentally disturbed, and at the least she is an extremely polished passive/aggressive who is on a mission of publicity for HERSELF.

She did not raise her son.  I have seen his grave.  There is no marker on it and NO flowers.  Unless they have just recently been placed there.)  Her son chose to join the military to to serve two tours in the Middle East.  She is a disgrace to the memory of her son.  This is not about her "lost son".  It's about HER.  She thrives on the publicity and attention this "cause" has bestowed upon her.  Even her former Hollywood buddies are quickly abandoning her, as they are seeing that she is not quite "normal".   And I don't mean that she is not normal because she is grieving the loss of the son who didn't live with her.....she is not normal because she has some very significant mentally abnormal symptoms.

Everyone should read EVERYTHING about her, read both sides of the coin.  I feel extremely sad for her son and for all the young people who die in battle.  But, remember, he was an adult, and he desired and chose on his own accord to enlist in the military and to serve two terms in the Middle East for his country which he loved.   Those are the facts.  You can read them if you can to study both sides on the internet....especially in scholarly articles, which offer truthful, unbiased opinions of her actions.

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 3:59pm

Maryah no offense but you need to re-evaluate the concept of slander.....first off I did not slander Cindy Sheehand I merely called her position questionable. Saying that she is using the death of her son in the expense of her campaign is not slander neither against her nor her son. Although she has many valid points for why we shouldn't have gone to war she was also seen on T.V in the same meeting about the War in Iraq and never raised a hand to question bush...yes I find her posiiton questionable

mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 7:36pm

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 9:06pm

Bismillah,

Patty, how can you know what Cindy feels?  You really can't.

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 4:51am

I think that we are making a mistake by focussing on one individual.  None of us can know her reality.  What we should be focusing on is the young men and women who are serving in Iraq, from whichever country, and think about what their experiences are doing to blight them, psychologically.  Vietnam vets, many, many of them, never had a chance at a "normal" life once they came home. The same is true of the troops there now.  No-one thought that after so many years, there would still be a vast and increasing military presence in Iraq in 2006: liberate, find, consolidate, get out...and support. Wasn't that the idea?  Nothing to do with vast oil reserves, no Sir!

In the meantime, young people, some with very little other hope for the future are falling prey to propaganda: kids so indoctrinated by America's might and right, that they could never believe that perhaps, just perhaps, their country might have another motive which has nothing whatsoever to do with them as human beings, and even less to do with the people they supposedly went to save!

Sometimes the only way you can learn to truly begin to question America's agenda (and the U.K. which wants so little to do with Europe than it refuses even to use its currency) is to get out of the country, and stay out for a while.

Propaganda, unfortunately, creates its own reality.  It tells you the terms.  What do you have left to argue with?

Edited by Cassandra
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 5:00am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Patty, how can you know what Cindy feels?  You really can't.

Salaamu Alaykum

Dear Herjihad,

No, I cannot know what Cindy feels.  Neither can you.  All we have to really go on are her actions, which are shown quite often in the news, as SHE seeks out the media for publicity.  I do know that (God forbid) if I lost a child, my child would have a headstone and flowers on their grave, as nearly every deceased child I have ever known has had.  I would not be clamoring for attention from the media from Hollywood stars, nor would I be stating repeatedly that "I am on a fast", and we must all "fast" for peace".....when picture after picture shows me to be heavier than ever.  She has been caught on camera having quite a nice time with many "influential people".  Many books/articles have been written concerning her mental status, which is not normal.  She is called narsissistic, and I do believe that is one of her diagnoses.  This woman has some mental issues which were present long before the death of her son.  She is now able to pursue them to her advantage BECAUSE of his death, and I find this unthinkable behavior for any mother.  This is only my opinion after much research, Herjihad. At first, when she first came into the "spotlight", I too felt sorry for her....but I've changed my opinion.

God's Peace!

Patty

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 5:05am

"Propaganda, unfortunately, creates its own reality.  It tells you the terms.  What do you have left to argue with?"

And unfortunately, propaganda is found EVERYWHERE.  Who's propaganda are you listening to?  Who's propaganda are you believing?  Why?  Who is telling the real, unbiased truth?  Can you prove any of it?  I have some real questions in this regard.

God's Peace,

Patty

Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 5:14am

Patty, I do not deny that propaganda is to be found everywhere.  My point, I think is that we have to recognise that it may be when it is in our own backyard, that we fail to recognise it as such.

I have seven years of philosophical training.  I can sift through BS as well as anyone else, maybe better than some. I am no-body's fool.  I come to the topic with an open mind, but, one which has been aware that we are rarely ever given the truth, if ever, and the chances of being kept in the dark seem to increase proportionately to the degree of financial gain to be expected.

(oh, and BTW: my mother doesn't have a headstone.  I chose a silver birch tree. It is now the tallest one in the little woodland burial site where "she" lies: part of a growing wood, with wildflowers, rabbits, sheep:  I am not there, I do not sleep, remember.)

Edited by Cassandra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic