IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mamas don’t....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mamas don’t....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 3:10am
I agree with Maryah. Imagine if George W. Bush were to finally
decide to withdraw troops, imagine if he were to actually say sorry
for causing the deaths of so many American soldiers. Then what
would we decide his 'agenda' to be?

I love this American invention: agenda. According to this thread of
thinking, we all work, move, think and breath according to WHAT
WE CAN GET, rather than what we can feel.

I don't care what Cindy Sheehan thought or felt before her son
died, what she is doing and saying now is above and beyond what
most of us on this board can hope to do or say.

ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Asalaamu Alaikum;

Speaking German, dumkauf, I doubt it. Prefiero espanol.

My son said no. They booted him out, fine. But he didn't like what he saw there. He will not kill fellow Muslims. BTW he was a gunners mate that belonged on a ship and was trained to maintain Aegis AND Tomahawk missiles. he was not supposed to be on shore duty.He was in the Navy LONG before The Bush bandits decided to have their little invasion party.  Have you ever held an half blown up remains of a baby outside the building you were trying to protect OPS...Have you been there OPS?..You talk big but I DOUBT IT! So how is your henhouse today? I am tired of men who choose to slander mothers,,YOU HAVE NO CLUE! What her circumstances are is of no concern, she probably has stronger feelings of remorse because she missed so much while he was growing up, AND NOW SHE CAN NEVER MAKE IT BACK UP TO HIM. You should be ashamed of yourself, condeming a person you do not know. May Allah (swt) be aware! He knows best, and you will stand before Him on the Last Day as we all will and make an accounting!

She made herself public on her own free will. No one forced her to go public like she did and the women had the chance to tell Bush her true feeling when he sat down with her before the big media fiasco but even she admits she didn't say anything against the war at that time. So once the anti-war folks got a hold of her she starts demanding another meeting with the President of the United States so she can tell him how against the war she is. Why did she wait to say anything until the media was involved? Why is she making money off of her son�s death with a book deal? Maybe it's so she can get her story out but do you think it's good to make money off of it? I know I haven't seen any documents from the military saying he objected to his service there or that he was trying to get discharged. To my knowledge Cindy has not shown any letters from him saying he disagreed or didn't want to be there and actually the rest of the family said he never complained about his service so why is she making such a big deal when the media gets involved? The way you scold me for judging someone else makes me laugh as your entire statement is doing the same about me. You don't know what I've seen or have done in my life so why are you assuming you do?

I've said it before but I will once more in case you missed it, PEOPLE ENLIST ON THIER OWN FREE WILL. Time in the military is not obligatory in America so when you sign the dotted line you better be prepared to fulfill the contract. On the contrary to popular belief time in the service is not a scholarship program and if that is what you are using it for then too bad if you get called up. It's in the contract that you can be called for active duty and your time in the service can be extended so if you don't read it and understand before you sign up then that is your own fault. 

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by ops154 ops154 wrote:

Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Asalaamu Alaikum;

Speaking German, dumkauf, I doubt it. Prefiero espanol.

My son said no. They booted him out, fine. But he didn't like what he saw there. He will not kill fellow Muslims. BTW he was a gunners mate that belonged on a ship and was trained to maintain Aegis AND Tomahawk missiles. he was not supposed to be on shore duty.He was in the Navy LONG before The Bush bandits decided to have their little invasion party.  Have you ever held an half blown up remains of a baby outside the building you were trying to protect OPS...Have you been there OPS?..You talk big but I DOUBT IT! So how is your henhouse today? I am tired of men who choose to slander mothers,,YOU HAVE NO CLUE! What her circumstances are is of no concern, she probably has stronger feelings of remorse because she missed so much while he was growing up, AND NOW SHE CAN NEVER MAKE IT BACK UP TO HIM. You should be ashamed of yourself, condeming a person you do not know. May Allah (swt) be aware! He knows best, and you will stand before Him on the Last Day as we all will and make an accounting!

She made herself public on her own free will. No one forced her to go public like she did and the women had the chance to tell Bush her true feeling when he sat down with her before the big media fiasco but even she admits she didn't say anything against the war at that time. So once the anti-war folks got a hold of her she starts demanding another meeting with the President of the United States so she can tell him how against the war she is. Why did she wait to say anything until the media was involved? Why is she making money off of her son�s death with a book deal? Maybe it's so she can get her story out but do you think it's good to make money off of it? I know I haven't seen any documents from the military saying he objected to his service there or that he was trying to get discharged. To my knowledge Cindy has not shown any letters from him saying he disagreed or didn't want to be there and actually the rest of the family said he never complained about his service so why is she making such a big deal when the media gets involved? The way you scold me for judging someone else makes me laugh as your entire statement is doing the same about me. You don't know what I've seen or have done in my life so why are you assuming you do?

I've said it before but I will once more in case you missed it, PEOPLE ENLIST ON THIER OWN FREE WILL. Time in the military is not obligatory in America so when you sign the dotted line you better be prepared to fulfill the contract. On the contrary to popular belief time in the service is not a scholarship program and if that is what you are using it for then too bad if you get called up. It's in the contract that you can be called for active duty and your time in the service can be extended so if you don't read it and understand before you sign up then that is your own fault. 

Bismillah,

The DEVIL writes in small print.

Allah, The All-Forgiving, has a clear message.  Repent and he will forgive you.  It's not hard; try it.  His message is clear and easy to understand:  Belief in His Power and Glory and Mercy.

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Norfolkenwaypal View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norfolkenwaypal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 10:31pm
Cindy Sheehan.............Sorry her son died, my sympathy ends there. her son died doing something he beleived in. He voulenteered to go ,he gave his life for a cause.(Whether you agree with it or not thats what he did.) and was aware of the possibility he could die and he chose to go anyway. And his mother flat out dishoners him and his decision? To make a name for herself? The only thing she has accomplished is give a morale boost to our enemeis.
"You can have my gun....When you pry it from my cold dead fingers."    Teddy Roosevelt
Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 5:05am

Norfolkenwaypal:

Let's try a little thought experiment, shall we?  Someone tells you that someone else is a bad guy, evil, has evil things that he plans to use against you ("Someone" knows this is true because he gave them to him). Oppresses his people who would love to have a life just like your own. He convinces you that everything you hold dear could be destroyed if you don't go to get him, find his evil things, show to the world that you now have freed decent human beings and left them living in "freedom": that you had a right, no, an obligation to do that as the representative of the greatest country the world has ever known.  And that once you've done it, you can come home to everyone's praise, and most importantly with the joy of the people you went to free ringing in your ears.

Now lets fast forward a few years. You are still there.  You have seen normal human beings turned into hating, killing machines with no more understanding of the people they see everyday than they have love. They have become that way because of the messages they hear, day after, hot, hot day. You are there to "do a job" but more and more you wonder just what that has to do with you.  They promised you glory. All you see is gore. You see your friends die, hideously.  It drives some of the others mad. You wonder how long you will hold on to your own sanity.  You see very little of the young highschool grad you once were. You have become hardened.  You have had no choice. Ity is that or be swallowed up by your own conscience. You see women and children blown to pieces.  You can't remember when you slept without nightmares, and then you wake up to find they are true. You want to go home: to your farm, to your little dusty town, to your city block, to your wife, your girl, your kids, your mom.

This is the reality for the troops in Iraq, and no doubt far far worse.

You message above is not only unsympathetic, but stupidly vaccuous.  You cannot possibly imagine the pain of a mother who knows that her son's death was brought about by a patriotic obscenity. A joke. A lie.

Edited by Cassandra
Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 6:33am
Right on, Cassie!
ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Cassandra Cassandra wrote:

Norfolkenwaypal:

Let's try a little thought experiment, shall we?  Someone tells you that someone else is a bad guy, evil, has evil things that he plans to use against you ("Someone" knows this is true because he gave them to him). Oppresses his people who would love to have a life just like your own. He convinces you that everything you hold dear could be destroyed if you don't go to get him, find his evil things, show to the world that you now have freed decent human beings and left them living in "freedom": that you had a right, no, an obligation to do that as the representative of the greatest country the world has ever known.  And that once you've done it, you can come home to everyone's praise, and most importantly with the joy of the people you went to free ringing in your ears.

Now lets fast forward a few years. You are still there.  You have seen normal human beings turned into hating, killing machines with no more understanding of the people they see everyday than they have love. They have become that way because of the messages they hear, day after, hot, hot day. You are there to "do a job" but more and more you wonder just what that has to do with you.  They promised you glory. All you see is gore. You see your friends die, hideously.  It drives some of the others mad. You wonder how long you will hold on to your own sanity.  You see very little of the young highschool grad you once were. You have become hardened.  You have had no choice. Ity is that or be swallowed up by your own conscience. You see women and children blown to pieces.  You can't remember when you slept without nightmares, and then you wake up to find they are true. You want to go home: to your farm, to your little dusty town, to your city block, to your wife, your girl, your kids, your mom.

You message above is not only unsympathetic, but stupidly vaccuous.  You cannot possibly imagine the pain of a mother who knows that her son's death was brought about by a patriotic obscenity. A joke. A lie.

It would be terrible to go through what you have said above but one thing I think would make it worse is finding out your mother is making money off of your death. That would bother me more than any of the lies I was told before I went. My own mother profiting from my death, yeah I feel real bad for her. You keep supporting her and make sure you buy a couple copies of her book. She needs the money since the rest of her family disagreed with what she said and has apparently disowned her.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Cassandra Cassandra wrote:

Norfolkenwaypal:

Bismillah,

Thanks Cassandra.

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic