IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Zidane: Mother and sister insulted  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zidane: Mother and sister insulted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 7:13am

Bismillah,

Zidane apologized for his behaviour but he said he could not regret it.

"I know this is something that one should not do. I want to say that loud and clear because it was watched by two billion people and by millions of kids", Zidane said.

"I want to apologize to them but I can't regret what I did because it would mean that he (Materazzi) was right to say what he said.

"I have taught my kids to respect people and I have taught them that they deserve to be respected in return. I couldn't let something like that be said whout any reaction."

Bismillah,No, dear Brother Zidane, if you regret it, it would not mean that he was right to say the evil things he said.  It would mean that you acknowledge that we strive to emulate our dear Prophet Muhammad's sterling character, and although we fall short, we can keep trying because it pleases our Loving lord to do so.

Peace

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

The match should be re-played,this was not a world cup final....

why??

What happened never interferred with the game!

I did not satisfy by the cause of the polemics,it should be repeated....

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Zidane's ultimate error is not realizing that he should look to Muhammad, pbuh's example for the answer to what he should have done.

Peace

You know when you are in the middle of something like that, playing a game that requires a one track mind on the game there is no time to stop and think or talk to the other person that he is wrong.

when one is repeatedly harrassed, as zidane has mentioned he was thru out the game and didn't do anything beforehand, it is natural to react. IT must have been the atmost last resort that he did, so I agree with him that what he did was perhaps wrong but at the same time he needed to stop the italian guy. The italian guy deserved what he got. 

Zidane did the right thing in his statement to the press and showing the kids what is right and wrong.

I thought you guys are up for defence of one self, so why is it different for Zidane?

Bismillah,

When he sets an example as a world leader, he should set a complete one.  Maybe you don't know, as a non-Muslim, Angel, the story of the man who used to leave a bag of excrement at the prophet Muhammad, pbuh's door every day.  When it wasn't there one day, our amazingly kind prophet asked about the welfare of this man, found he was ill, and went to his home to visit him.  The man did become a Muslim, of course.

When Zidane acknowledged that he made an error, he backhanded that remorse by saying he did not regret making that error.  His best course would be to acknowledge what our beloved prophet would have done, and apologize that he is only human and still struggling in his personal jihad to live up to such a lofty example, and that In Shah Allah, one day, he might be closer to emulating our dear prophet than that day on the field.

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
candid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 5:59am
Herjihad, by the way, do you know what the Prophet did to the man who (subhanallah) spat at him?

Edited by candid
candid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 6:01am

Zidane could have ignored insults directed only at him but he had no right to ignore insults directed against his family.

Edited by candid
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 6:00pm

Assalamu Alaikum,

Sister herjihad: "Maybe you don't know, as a non-Muslim, Angel, the story of the man who used to leave a bag of excrement at the prophet Muhammad, pbuh's door every day.  When it wasn't there one day, our amazingly kind prophet asked about the welfare of this man, found he was ill, and went to his home to visit him.  The man did become a Muslim, of course."

Actually it was a woman. Nevertheless, the message of mercy and compassion remains the same.

In sports, things of that sort happen as Zidane faced. And I think, if Zidane had followed Prophet's ( SAW ) example, that only would have conveyed the positive message to billions of viewers. If that incident was not excusable, according to him, that is all he should say. There is no point to go further that he didn't regret it. Provocations do happen in modern football. But, as a super star of the sport, he could have dealt the entire matter in a far better way.

I also pray that he realizes what went wrong, and may Allah bless him with strength, and his otherwise shining career becomes a wonderful example for the youths.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic