IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nudity in western culture  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNudity in western culture

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nudity in western culture
    Posted: 15 April 2005 at 12:10pm

Men acts and women appear. Men look at women. Women watch themselves being looked at. This determines not only most relations between men and women but also the relation of women to themselves � John Berger.

The western society has used nudity to oppress its own public and those they have enslaved in the name of �liberation and modernity�. The idea of using the naked form to humiliate and denigrate is a common thread running through various groups within western society, which shows their behaviour such as their naked brutality in Iraqi and Israeli prisons.

The more subtle form of the use of nakedness as a tool for subjugating and controlling a particular group is to be found with western oppression of women. They�re far from �liberated� as the western propagandists wish Muslim women to believe. In th West, there are several economical usage of exploiting women � They�re used to sell almost everything from shampoo to luxury cars. The use of female nudity in popular culture generates an atmosphere which a particular role and image of women develops � that�s the women are good for; dancing, half naked on music videos, draping half naked over car bonnets in car shows, appearing on billboard posters, being �cover girls� on men�s magazines and enticing cinema goers to see new Hollywood releases.

And We wished to do a favour to those who were weak and oppressed in the lands, and to make them rulers and to make them the inheritors � Al-Qassas:5.
Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 2:41am

Rehmat,

Salams, I agree.. I live in a Western influenced nation, and don't most of us, now days??  Your point is an understatement.

Salams

*Islamic Girl*
unity1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 2:58am

Well,I do agree that in the Western Culture,women are used as an entertainment product but even over their I have noticed that their are several ladies and women who care much about their dignity and reputation as the women of Muslim Countries does.

I have lived in California, Los Angeles ,where Hollywood is situated, even their I have not seen such shameless acts as people in the Muslim Countries unfortunately think. My brother use to go to his job which was around 55 miles away from our residence and on the way their was a beach where the shooting of "Bay Watch" use to take place . When ever we use to pass from that beach, we never saw any kind of shameless acts or nudity on it.Only few people do surfing on that beach and some of them just jog their with their dogs. Only during the shooting hours they show the beach as a very charming and sexy place.

I have noticed that both West and Muslims have misconceptions about each other and media has played a great role in creating this misconception.

who call themselves superior are actually inferior in the eyes of Allah.Those who call themselves slaves of Allah are superior not only in the eyes of Allah but also superior in the eyes of man.
kalssum View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 3:25am
Originally posted by IslamicGirl IslamicGirl wrote:

Rehmat,

Salams, I agree.. I live in a Western influenced nation, and don't most of us, now days??  Your point is an understatement.

Salams

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 4:34am

Originally posted by unity1 unity1 wrote:

Well,I do agree that in the Western Culture,women are used as an entertainment product but even over their I have noticed that their are several ladies and women who care much about their dignity and reputation as the women of Muslim Countries does.

"Several ladies" out of 278 million people in the US!

Quote I have lived in California, Los Angeles ,where Hollywood is situated, even their I have not seen such shameless acts as people in the Muslim Countries unfortunately think...

After living 35 years withing western society - I think I could have better idea what is going on!

Quote I have noticed that both West and Muslims have misconceptions about each other and media has played a great role in creating this misconception

The West always have ignorance of the East, especially Islam and Muslims - but the people outside the West have learned the 'true nature' of the West after living under their colonization for centuries.

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 6:32am
Kalssum y the  ??
*Islamic Girl*
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 6:46am
I am with UNity...