IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nudity in western culture  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNudity in western culture

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 8:06am

Originally posted by IslamicGirl IslamicGirl wrote:

Smile,i am also with u...the issue includes wide dimension...

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 9:31am

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

I am with UNity...

You mean 'Islamic Unity (Ummah)' - or that you have nothing to add to the discussion!

Wa Salaam.

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 9:37am

Living in a western country, I do agree that there is a very low standard of morality when it comes to just about everything, including dressing.  Even girls as young as 8 can be seen wearing pants/skirts/shorts down to their pubic bone and tops that barely cover anything. 

What I find so curious is that this mode of dress is accepted here but people are horrified when they see someone like me, completely covered!!!!  It makes no sense.  How can it be that practically nude girls and women draw no unusual response but a hijabi sends them into fits of rage and disdain?

Before I became a Muslim, my life experience was flooded with encounters with men who could only look at my chest, not my face (I am not talking boyfriends, I am talking about regular encounters in public places).  I never dressed improperly, so my clothes did not draw this response.  When I started wearing hijab I was absolutely blown away to find men (those who didn't turn away in disdain from a Muslim) actually treating me like a human being, even looking at my face when I spoke.  This was a whole new experience for me.  Finally, peace through Islam, al hamdu lilah!

Peace, ummziba.

Edited by ummziba
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

I am with UNity...

You mean 'Islamic Unity (Ummah)' - or that you have nothing to add to the discussion!

Wa Salaam.

I am also with u

Take care my brother,

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 12:26pm

...I am also with U

You know what brother? You could be the best 'moderate Muslim prime minister of Turkey' - who would be acceptable to all - US, Israel and the Kemalist military.

Know your enemy!

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 1:11pm

...I am also with U

You know what brother? You could be the best 'moderate Muslim prime minister of Turkey' - who would be acceptable to all - US, Israel and the Kemalist military.

hmmm...is it good or bad?,i remembered the ayat below;i don't think that i did not say any of a word fitting to this ayat;i am not an hypocrite;insh'Allah...also i am in the black list of the army...may be he made an compare with the prime ministers of Turkey really fitting to this ayat...i wish Allah will all protect us to astraying from the principles of the Qur'an.

YUSUFALI: Their desire is that thou shouldst be pliant: so would they be pliant.

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Suleyman[...hmmm...is it good or bad.....[/Quote Suleyman[...hmmm...is it good or bad.....[/Quote wrote:

First of all - Hmmmmmm is

First of all - Hmmmmmm is my 'Trade Mark' on some other sites. Some IDs would attest to that.

I used to admire brother Recep Tayyip Erdogan when he was Mayor of Istanbul for his good Islamic credentials. However, after becoming prime minister � it seems he has lost his perception. For example, during his current visit to Norway � he said: ''we regret to see negative attitudes against Turkish and Muslim people in some European countries recently. It is impossible to understand such attitudes against Turks and Muslims in a period when the world focuses on dialogue among different civilizations and cultures.''

I think his info. Was not wrong � but then he made the remark which show his total ignorance of European history � or maybe his �obedience� to his �Kemalist masters�:

The EU is not a Christian club. It is the outcome of compromise among civilizations. The EU is a whole of political values - Hmmmmmm.

http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=40265

Know your enemy!

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 11:21pm

After living 35 years withing western society - I think I could have better idea what is going on!

Did you ever get out thou?  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic