IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - One Year, Reflections  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One Year, Reflections

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 10:23pm

If it sounds like a dying cat, it doesn't matter what they are saying. 

And only Salman has ever been so arrogant to "warn" people.  If you're not him, hten you're a newbie, not even a Moderator.

But, I'm pretty sure you are him, since of the 1 year I've been here only one man has been arrogant enough to warn me. 

What are you going to do?  You're not a moderator and I've expressed a personal opinion and observation.  I can see the difference between the words and the performance by an individual.  If the voice sounds like a dying cat, it does.  It doesn't matter what they are singing.

Muhammad77 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhammad77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 10:34pm

Stop calling me Salman. There are so many arrogant people in this world. Will you call all of them Salman? And I am not being arrogant. I just want to correct you.

Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

If the voice sounds like a dying cat, it does.  It doesn't matter what they are singing.

Again, you are openly insulting the word of Allah ! And I as a Muslim, it is my responsibility to correct you. If one sings a song, and if his voice is bad, then if you wish you can call it as the voice of a dying cat, but when somebody recites the Qur'an and his voice is not good, then you should not call it as the voice of dying cat, as they are reciting the word of Allah ! Be careful of your comments in future.

Edited by Muhammad77
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 10:41pm
Be careful or what?  You warn me of what???  I speak my mind.  Deal with it.  I've proven myself here.  You have no right, or power to "warn" me.  You're not my father, husband or brother.  I always tell the truth, even if people don't like it.  If I think it sounds bad, the I will say so.
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Muhammad77 Muhammad77 wrote:

Stop calling me Salman. There are so many arrogant people in this world. Will you call all of them Salman? And I am not being arrogant. I just want to correct you.

If the voice sounds like a dying cat, it does.  It doesn't matter what they are singing.

Again, you are openly insulting the word of Allah ! You have no right to do so. And I as a Muslim, it is my responsibility to correct you. If one sings a song, and if his voice is bad, then if you wish you can call it as the voice of a dying cat, but when somebody recites the Qur'an and his voice is not good, then you should not call it as the voice of dying cat, as they are reciting the word of Allah ! Be careful of your comments in future.

Bismallah:

As-Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Brother. please lower your gaze. and refrain from anger. It is not in the way of Islam. You cannot openly accuse her either! You are evidently not american as you do not see as Angela does. She is a good person and has been at this forum for a while. We should  be mindful of the People of the Book and not disrespect them. If you have an issue please PM a moderator. And read the rules of the forum. May Allah (swt) reward you for your stance, but please be mindful that not all here are Muslims. Peace be unto you.

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhammad77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 10:48pm

Be careful or what?  You warn me of what???  I speak my mind.  Deal with it.  I've proven myself here.  You have no right, or power to "warn" me.  You're not my father, husband or brother.  I always tell the truth, even if people don't like it.  If I think it sounds bad, the I will say so.

Remember, this is an Islamic forum !

If you wish, you can accept your mistake right here, right now and regret it for making that comment of dying cat.

But if you don't, then I think the moderators should ban you for insulting the word of Allah !

If I think it sounds bad, the I will say so.

Edited by Muhammad77
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 11:02pm

Remember, this is an Islamic forum !

If you wish, you can accept your mistake right here, right now and regret it for making that comment of dying cat.

But if you don't, then I think the moderators should ban you for insulting the word of Allah !

If I think it sounds bad, the I will say so.

Asalaamu Alaikum:

Brother, it is up to the moderators to correct any error, not us. You are not her mahram and beating  women in the US is not permitted. You approach may not be acceptable to some sensitivities here. If you spoke to me that way, my husband would be VERY quick to set you straight. See the report button in the upper right corner of the screen?  That is how you report something you find offensive. Allah knows best and He understands your intentions.

Mashallah:

Maryah

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhammad77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 11:13pm
Yes Sister Maryah, I have lodged a complaint in the 'comments and complaints' section.
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 11:26pm

Yes Sister Maryah, I have lodged a complaint in the 'comments and complaints' section.

Jazakallah Brother,, it is as you wish.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic