IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - One Year, Reflections
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


One Year, Reflections

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message
Angela View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 11 July 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 2555
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One Year, Reflections
    Posted: 10 July 2006 at 2:00pm

There are a few things I've learned over the last year.

The Hijab is a handy tool that can save your life if falling out of a plane, cover that bad hair day and make any woman look absolutely angelic...we'll almost any woman.

A good Quran reciter can calm your soul with the Quran.  A bad reciter can make the words of God sound like a dying cat.

Wudu is the cure for the heat of anger, feeling down about yourself, and that funky foot odor from old sandals.

Most Muslims show a very kind, charitable soul.  They gently call you to Islam and encourage the search for truth.  These are disproportionate to those muslims that call you Kafir and tell you that you're hellfire bound.

Mohammed (pbuh) had 12 wives, including a Christian woman.  His first wife was intelligent, educated and owned her own business.  His youngest was literate, while he was not.

Women are respected in Islam, women are not respected by men of many cultures.  There is a difference.

Jihad is a good thing, Hirabah is a bad thing. 

Hypocrites and Apostates are in all religions.  Its not about the group or individual, its about the basics.

Islam is a beautifully simplistic religion that people make harder than it really is.

You will never get two Muslims to agree on everything.

The only thing more confusing than hadiths are fatwas, when in doubt, look at the Quran.

In the end, Islamicity is a wonderfully warm place filled with serious students, kind mothers, reverts, born muslims, christians, one great Jew, and some really funny jokers. 

I wish to say thank you to all those that have taught me over the last year.  God Bless everyone of you and keep your families safe from harm.

With Sincere Love,

Angela Marie Daley, that Mormon Girl

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 29 March 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 1283
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 2:45pm

LOL Angela, You should be a writer!

this is an awesome post!

Happy One Year Anniversary!

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Back to Top
superme View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 03 April 2006
Location: Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 463
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Jihad is a good thing, Hirabah is a bad thing. 

What is hirabah? Err I honestly don't know, never heard or read the word myself he he, and I am a muslim by the sound of it.

Originally posted by wrote:

You will never get two Muslims to agree on everything.

This is the truest of them all - I am the living proof of it. There is only one agreement I make with fellow muslims - to disagree .

Angela you hit the nail in all those points.

Back to Top
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 15 October 2005
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 3272
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 5:09pm
Quote
As part of the ideological "war on terrorism", Muslim scholars are seeking to engage in an ideological battle within Islam to replace the word jihad with a term that labels terrorists as cowardly pirates who kill women and children, which in Islam is the crime of hirabah. Because the word jihad roughly means "religious effort," the West can come off as attacking the daily life of ordinary Muslims, while terrorists get away with wrapping their crimes in religious phraseology. Muslim scholars are meeting in Washington with US officials to change this. "When people carelessly dump on jihad, it has an immediate polarizing effect," said Khaled Abou el Fadl, a professor of Islamic law at UCLA who will attend the meeting. "It may not change much, but it allows Muslims and non-Muslims to say something about terrorists without appearing to malign Islamic theology." "We should use language to move moderates toward the West and quarantine the extremists," added Muqtedar A. Khan, director of international studies at Adrian College.

Back to Top
Angel View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 03 July 2001
Status: Offline
Points: 6641
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 10:31pm
happy 1 year Angela  you're sanity still ok?
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Back to Top
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 26 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2473
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

There are a few things I've learned over the last year.

The Hijab is a handy tool that can save your life if falling out of a plane, cover that bad hair day and make any woman look absolutely angelic...we'll almost any woman.

A good Quran reciter can calm your soul with the Quran.  A bad reciter can make the words of God sound like a dying cat.

Wudu is the cure for the heat of anger, feeling down about yourself, and that funky foot odor from old sandals.

Most Muslims show a very kind, charitable soul.  They gently call you to Islam and encourage the search for truth.  These are disproportionate to those muslims that call you Kafir and tell you that you're hellfire bound.

Mohammed (pbuh) had 12 wives, including a Christian woman.  His first wife was intelligent, educated and owned her own business.  His youngest was literate, while he was not.

Women are respected in Islam, women are not respected by men of many cultures.  There is a difference.

Jihad is a good thing, Hirabah is a bad thing. 

Hypocrites and Apostates are in all religions.  Its not about the group or individual, its about the basics.

Islam is a beautifully simplistic religion that people make harder than it really is.

You will never get two Muslims to agree on everything.

The only thing more confusing than hadiths are fatwas, when in doubt, look at the Quran.

In the end, Islamicity is a wonderfully warm place filled with serious students, kind mothers, reverts, born muslims, christians, one great Jew, and some really funny jokers. 

I wish to say thank you to all those that have taught me over the last year.  God Bless everyone of you and keep your families safe from harm.

With Sincere Love,

Angela Marie Daley, that Mormon Girl

Bismillah,

You're welcome, and thank you for your time, effort and sincere love.  In Shah Allah, your family will only grow stronger and wiser and more faithful as time here on this earth passes.

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Back to Top
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 March 2005
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1158
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 11:35am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this past year Angela.  Life certainly is a learning experience isn't it?  I wish I could remember some of what I've learned in this past year, but, I do know that being content with what Allah has given me is the best thing I've ever learned, period.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Back to Top
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 10 March 2003
Location: Turkey
Status: Offline
Points: 3324
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this past year Angela.  Life certainly is a learning experience isn't it?  I wish I could remember some of what I've learned in this past year, but, I do know that being content with what Allah has given me is the best thing I've ever learned, period.

Peace, ummziba.

As Salamu Alaykum My Dear Sister UmmZiba,

Please do not worry on your past that the things you do not remember as your benefits,we know what you have taught to us in the recent year with your gorgeous writings coming from your pure heart,we are the witness and Allah knows them then just leave it to Him and be satisfied about this,just live your day and keep on inspiring to us...you know that hadith:

Narrated Abu Huraira:
"The Prophet said, 'The best alms is that which is given when one is rich, and a giving hand is better than a taking one...

The giving hands...wa salaam...

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.