IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Qur’an study group  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Qur’an study group

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Qur’an study group
    Posted: 15 April 2005 at 11:01am

I just wanted to share that we have started a Qur'an study group in our city.  Now this may not seem so special, but, consider that we do not have a masjid or imam and there are only four families of Muslims here!

So, the four women have started getting together every other week for a couple of hours to study Qur'an and read tafseer (and laugh and eat as well!).  What a joy for me to be able to share this time with these women (me being a revert and so rejected by my former 'friends').  We are an Egypian-Canadian, an Egypian, a Palestinian, and me (the plain old Canadian). 

I am so happy to share my time with these wonderful ladies and learn from them whatever I can, especially Arabic (which they speak so incredibly fast!).  What a great blessing from Allah, all praise and thanks to Him!

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to share my joy about this and to encourage others to join such groups or form such groups to help us all increase our deen.

Peace, ummziba.  

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 11:21am

I pray your joy will spread to others. I am happy for you.

Edited by blond
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 6:48pm

Thank you Blond. 

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 3:04am

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Sister Ummziba,

Your working group is so important for improving your knowledge...don't forget that Qur'an is an Organic book that it opens it's door to the persons whom practise and live...the best way to living it is coming with the friends together and working on them(then then telling to the others);then Allah will help you for improving your knowledges...keep on the way then also invite the non-muslims to your lessons with caring the knowledge levels they have...i highly support your activity unless islam will be known as an theory including only fiqh materials which are not in the priorities;your lessons with your friends will insh'Allah open the way of understanding the priorities of Qur'an;best luck!...Wa Salaam.

Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 9:10am

Congradulations on forming the study group sista.  These types of things are very important in our Muslim communities across the world.  I hope all works out well and all of you are able to gain alot of knowledge through discussing and reading.

As salaam alaikum

Edited by Knowledge01
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 5:46am

As Salamu Alaikum  

Masha Allah a step in the right direction.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala increase your knowledge  and Iman Ameen!

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
ummsalam View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsalam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 5:55pm
subhannaAllah, dont forget the hadith that tells us to indulge in the gardens of paradise, and the sahaba asked which gardens are those? and he said the halaqat al ilm (circles of knowledge.) Even when you're just having fun with sisters, you tend to learn something new..
alhamdullilah, spead the fun! spread the knowledge! spread the iman!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic