IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Discussion - Ayah&Hadith  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discussion - Ayah&Hadith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2006 at 8:08pm

Dear DavidC,

Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam in "Islam for non-Muslims section" or take part in dialogue in Interfaith Section.

Thanks for your input.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2006 at 6:53am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

JazakAllah khair amah

Just thought let every one know that after a while we will be deleting posts in the ayaat and ahadith of the week as we don't want the thread to go too long. I myself am going to save tafsir each week on a disk, thought someone else might wan2 do the same. It will be unique collection inshaAllah.

The Ahadith topic is going to change each week inshaAllah, so if members want ahadith in any particular topic. Please do tell us. 

Lastly brother suleyman, I think the book of sirah you are talking about might be ibn kathir's cos each volume in english is very big thick book and i think i read that in arabic they were more than 4volumes. 

Wassalam 

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 4:38am

Assalamu alaikum

In the ahadith section, we are adding ahadith to the first post, so thier wont be an indication of a new post but a new hadith might be added. So keep checking, BTW i have posted a new hadith today

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 3:17am

Assalamu alaikum

Realising the fact that first two posts of tafsir were quite long, we are seperating works of scholars in three posts and next time we will post fewer ayaat inshaAllah so it will be easy to concentrate.

wassalam

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by fatima fatima wrote:

Assalamu alaikum

Realising the fact that first two posts of tafsir were quite long, we are seperating works of scholars in three posts and next time we will post fewer ayaat inshaAllah so it will be easy to concentrate.

wassalam

Alhamdulillah!  Shorter posts are easier to absorb - thanks!

Peace, (and keep up the good work), ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
lovetabuleh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 7:20pm

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

This has always been a "muslims only " forum for posting. 

Will that change, or are non-muslims requested to discuss elsewhere?

BTW, this is the best new IC development since Yusuf started posting one of the 99 names of God every day many years ago.

I believe an alternative is available:

if you read a hadith/aya that is of interest to you within this forum, you could copy and paste it onto a new post under the 'interfaith' forum 'general discussion' forum or the 'non-muslim' forum and ask about that hadith/aya.  you could start a discussion about it.  If the moderators already set the rules down about non-muslims' input then you could probably take the same hadith/aya you that have a question about and discuss it in another relavent forum.

:)

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 5:35am
Assalaamualaikum,

Surah An-Naba is one surah that gives me shivers (there are many more verses in other surahs that are even more overwhelming). How do you all feel when you read the verses where Hell and punishment are mentioned?

Wassalaam.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
najamsahar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2006 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by fatima fatima wrote:

Assalamu alaikum

wassalam

How about we start with the smaller surahs first? We say them in prayer more often.

Unless ofcourse this has already been done and I am in the middle os the semester:)

-Najamsahar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic