IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - History of Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

History of Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by unity1 unity1 wrote:

It is quiet surprizing to note that West are making progress by moving away from the teachings of their religion but we are lagging behind because we are moving away from the teachings of our religion.

I think you make a mistake in comparing Islam and the West for one thing the West is not a religion or just one nation, it comprises of many things which does also include Islam because of some western�people who have�choosen to become muslim.�Islam is pretty much�on its own and is not a place.��Now if you say Christianity and Islam yes you may have a point, but it seems you have equated the West as Christian because you mention "their religion" the west is not Christian (even thou it comprises more of the religion), this is like saying that the east is Islam, which it isn't, the East also comprises of many religions and nations, the East is not a religion either so you can't say they are moving away from their�religion (if they are).

If might be better to rephrase it: It is quiet surprizing to note that Christianity is�making progress by moving away from the teachings of their religion but we are lagging behind because we are moving away from the teachings of our religion.

From what I know, Christianity had to change for it to stay, it realised that to keep the people some things had to change and change with the times, a religion is dependent on its folowers to survive. Islam needs to do the same. And Islam also needs a central body like Christianity�to regulate those changes in a proper way otherswise people will make their own interpretation left right and centre, and it seems some people will make fatwas whether they are in a position do so or not. I truly think if their was a central body, then places like some places in Africa who are islamically run but do things in a corrupt way, just look at Sudan�and most of the Middle east would be in line with the same teachings, Arabia wouldn't be so different to Iraq or Afghan since things would be the same, and those living in the west would also be inline with middle east and Sudan. The Catholic church is pretty much run the same with the same regulations and with any changes posed it has to go before the vatican, but Islam and mosques do not have this, so teachings would go by the way side, scholars can only do so much and then it is sort of by their own interpretations and understandings.

Anyway, just my thoughts and I'm sure there is room for improvement, and another thing Islam needs to compromise on some things and this Islam, or should I say muslims will not do. If you are in a relationship with another and a need to co exist,�compromises need to�be made.�

Quote If we really want to win a respectable position in this world and want to become a progressive nation, then we should follow the true teachings of Islam.

Islam is not really a nation��if it were then it should be in one place/country with the country name Islam

Asalam Aalaikum

Actually you misunderstood me ,everyone knows that West is not a religion itself but majority of the Western People are Christians and the Western Scientists are mostly Christians and some of them are also jews and atheists.
An article has also been written on this subject:
"Seperation of Church and State" (I donot remember the name of the author) but If you read the article ,you will come to know that how west started to make progress and started industrial revolution in their countries.
The Classical and as well as the Modern Christian Missionaries and pops believe that Science cannot be compatible with Christianity and thought that by taking part in Scientific advancement and technology ,their nation will become deviant and would move away from the teachings of their religion. This narrow minded approach of their Christian Missionaries and Pops created a resentment in the Western world who were desperate to make advancment in Science and Technology and this determination in the western world was caused by the acheivments of Muslims in the field of Science and Mathematics during the medival period when Muslims were making great progress but on contrary West was living in dark ages.

Regards,

Edited by unity1

who call themselves superior are actually inferior in the eyes of Allah.Those who call themselves slaves of Allah are superior not only in the eyes of Allah but also superior in the eyes of man.
unity1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 1:01am

When I say that West are making progress because they are moving away from the teachings of their religion ,I donot mean to say that West is a religion, what I mean to say is that West is making progess in Science and Technology by moving away from the teachings of their patriach and they cannot make progress by taking help from their religious sources since most of the teachings of their religious sources have changed several centuries ago and on the other hand their Christian Missionaries and pops dissuade them from taking part in any kind of scientific advancment while keeping themselves in religious activities.

I hope my post is clear,

Regards,

who call themselves superior are actually inferior in the eyes of Allah.Those who call themselves slaves of Allah are superior not only in the eyes of Allah but also superior in the eyes of man.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 6:21am
Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

So, besides educating ourselves about our religion and doing our best to follow it as it should be followed, how do we get rid of the bad leadership and install good leadership?  How do we encourage good leadership among ourselves and among our children?  Where do we even start?

We should first get rid of our fear of death and love of this world.

Start with yourself.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 6:23am
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Despite having the guidance of the Quran and the noble teachings of the holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in their midst, the Muslims cannot possibly be role models and take mankind from the depths of darkness to light without first reforming themselves.

I particularly like that last paragraph!

Peace, ummziba.

Me too

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 6:25am

Unity1, ok

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 8:18pm

Bismillah,

Interesting discussion with some informative contributions. May i add that the downfall of Muslims could also be paralleled to the times when Muslims were getting more concerned with quantity rather than quality (very different from the early ummah of Medina)... gaining territories without properly establishing understanding of Islaam amongst people inhabiting them. Hence, Islaam became diluted with cultures, traditions, customs and beliefs of non-Islaamic origin� many became Muslims by birth and not as many by true sincerity and understanding. Muslims became fragmented. But this can change provided we change. Just a thought.

MOCKBA
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 9:02pm

Originally posted by unity1 unity1 wrote:

Asalam Aalaikum

It is quiet surprizing to note that West are making progress by moving away from the teachings of their religion but we are lagging behind because we are moving away from the teachings of our religion. 

Regards,

Hmmm...define "progress". Sure - we have lots of natty technology, we have more money than anyone could have dreamt of and many millions of us live in relatively stable, affluent societies...but at what cost?

Many people are isolated, many people feel they have no real communities to turn to, suicides are all too common, etc. Sure - we have broken away from the cruelty that was the church and its (many) twisted followers and employees (as it were), and sure - religious figures don't have the power they used to, but now _other_ people have that power and many of them are just as twisted and corrupt.

But I guess, at least, we can vote for some of these people, unlike in the church. But then again, Big Business is the Real Enemy now, as far as I am concerned, and we don't get to vote for them, do we?

Meh. I don't know - it's All Too Hard.

But I guess we have to keep fighting for the right and good things - as long as we teach people that Right and Good things exist, what they are and how we can practice them.

Kim...

ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

So, besides educating ourselves about our religion and doing our best to follow it as it should be followed, how do we get rid of the bad leadership and install good leadership?  How do we encourage good leadership among ourselves and among our children?  Where do we even start?

We should first get rid of our fear of death and love of this world.

Start with yourself.

Yes definitely.
Its strange I overlooked this post.
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic