IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - History of Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

History of Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jamalally View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamalally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 3:48pm

i dont think it is possible for any nation to be civilize or successful is the nation were to practice true islam.

the reason, i believe is due to the emulation of muhammad's lifestyle and what he had commanded. all faithful muslims must obey the words and life of muhammad.

below is a clip of video on hand cutting.  

http://www.apostatesofislam.com/media/handcutting.htm

ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

So, besides educating ourselves about our religion and doing our best to follow it as it should be followed, how do we get rid of the bad leadership and install good leadership?  How do we encourage good leadership among ourselves and among our children?  Where do we even start?

We should first get rid of our fear of death and love of this world.

Start with yourself.

Yes definitely.
Its strange I overlooked this post.
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 9:02pm

Originally posted by unity1 unity1 wrote:

Asalam Aalaikum

It is quiet surprizing to note that West are making progress by moving away from the teachings of their religion but we are lagging behind because we are moving away from the teachings of our religion. 

Regards,

Hmmm...define "progress". Sure - we have lots of natty technology, we have more money than anyone could have dreamt of and many millions of us live in relatively stable, affluent societies...but at what cost?

Many people are isolated, many people feel they have no real communities to turn to, suicides are all too common, etc. Sure - we have broken away from the cruelty that was the church and its (many) twisted followers and employees (as it were), and sure - religious figures don't have the power they used to, but now _other_ people have that power and many of them are just as twisted and corrupt.

But I guess, at least, we can vote for some of these people, unlike in the church. But then again, Big Business is the Real Enemy now, as far as I am concerned, and we don't get to vote for them, do we?

Meh. I don't know - it's All Too Hard.

But I guess we have to keep fighting for the right and good things - as long as we teach people that Right and Good things exist, what they are and how we can practice them.

Kim...

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 8:18pm

Bismillah,

Interesting discussion with some informative contributions. May i add that the downfall of Muslims could also be paralleled to the times when Muslims were getting more concerned with quantity rather than quality (very different from the early ummah of Medina)... gaining territories without properly establishing understanding of Islaam amongst people inhabiting them. Hence, Islaam became diluted with cultures, traditions, customs and beliefs of non-Islaamic origin� many became Muslims by birth and not as many by true sincerity and understanding. Muslims became fragmented. But this can change provided we change. Just a thought.

MOCKBA
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 6:25am

Unity1, ok

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 6:23am
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Despite having the guidance of the Quran and the noble teachings of the holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in their midst, the Muslims cannot possibly be role models and take mankind from the depths of darkness to light without first reforming themselves.

I particularly like that last paragraph!

Peace, ummziba.

Me too

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 6:21am
Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

So, besides educating ourselves about our religion and doing our best to follow it as it should be followed, how do we get rid of the bad leadership and install good leadership?  How do we encourage good leadership among ourselves and among our children?  Where do we even start?

We should first get rid of our fear of death and love of this world.

Start with yourself.

unity1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 1:01am

When I say that West are making progress because they are moving away from the teachings of their religion ,I donot mean to say that West is a religion, what I mean to say is that West is making progess in Science and Technology by moving away from the teachings of their patriach and they cannot make progress by taking help from their religious sources since most of the teachings of their religious sources have changed several centuries ago and on the other hand their Christian Missionaries and pops dissuade them from taking part in any kind of scientific advancment while keeping themselves in religious activities.

I hope my post is clear,

Regards,

who call themselves superior are actually inferior in the eyes of Allah.Those who call themselves slaves of Allah are superior not only in the eyes of Allah but also superior in the eyes of man.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic