IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Salah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Salah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salah
    Posted: 03 July 2006 at 8:05am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Yesterday we had some guests over from another city who stayed for about three four hours. They came when the time of asar started. So my parents were sitting with them. Now they left about 10 minutes after the time of maghrib had started. Both my parents read qada. Now i sort of have a problem with this, as our guests were muslims alhamdulillah. I think my parents should have asked them, lets pray. My dad said that he wanted to but because those people were there to discuss some family issue and he could not leave in the middle of conversation. My mum thinks its rude to say to the guests that we are coming in 5 (as those guests dont pray). They might just think that they are putting a burden on us coming to our house and then leave because of that.

Now since yesterday i am thinking about it that what is the best way out of it. Because i remember the only time Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) missed a prayer was during a battle and he cursed idolators for making him miss a prayer. It is also a ruling that salah is fard upon every sane person even if he/she can only move their neck around. So what does every1 else think of it?

wassalam

Edited by fatima
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 8:45am
Assalaamualaikum,

Allahu aalam, I personally think since it is so important to pray that allah did not give us excuse even during war and sickness, we cannot leave prayer for anybody. I know it is difficult in certain situations like in case of your parents, but pleasing Allah and doing your fard is more important than attending to people.

I am sure your parents are kind hearted people, that is why they took care of their guests and tried not to offend them. But I think we should explain to people and do our duty towards Allah, whether poeple themselves do it or not. Besides salah would take a few minutes, I guess when you are pressed for time, atleast the fard should be prayed...

*posted the hadith below*

Wassalaam.

Edited by amah
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 8:48am

JazakAllah khair sis, I remember reading the hadith, thanks for reminding me

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 10:26am
Assalaamualaikum

Alhamdulillah found what I was looking for:

Guard strictly (five obligatory) AsSalawat (the prayers) especially the middle Salat (i.e. the best prayer Asr). And stand before Allah with obedience (and do not speak to others during the Salat (prayers)).  
( Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #238)

Sahih Bukhari:

Narrated Al-Aswad: That he asked 'Aisha "What did the Prophet use to do in his house?" She replied, "He used to keep himself busy serving his
family and when it was the time for prayer he would go for it."  (Book #11, Hadith #644)

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "There will be afflictions (and at the time) the sitting person will be better than the standing one, and the standing one will be better than the walking, and the walking will be better than the running. And whoever will look towards those afflictions, they will overtake him, and whoever will find a refuge or a shelter, should take refuge in it." The same narration is reported by Abu Bakr, with the addition, "(The Prophet said), 'Among the prayers there is a prayer the missing of which will be to one like losing one's family and property."  (Book #56, Hadith #799)

Allah knows best.
Wassalaam

Edited by amah
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 11:45am
Everybody should have prayed. From what I read, there was no justifyable excuse that would excuse anybody int he house from salat.

Islam MUST be first in each Muslim's life.
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 6:18am

Assalamu alaikum

I discussed the issue with my dad. He said to me that this person was in dire need at that point and my dad could have helped him and alhamdulillah he did. He goes the best thing would have been me praying and Allah swt knows i tried to say to this person but he was worried about this matter. My dad said to me, have you not heard the narration that Allah swt does forgive His own rights but not the rights of people on you. He also said that we should take apportunities like this as dawah. This person knows that I am only helping him cos Allah swt orders us to help brothers in need. So when he would compare my dad's behaviour to people who are not practising, the only difference he would see is deen. And inshaAllah this would attract him to deen.

He also told me another narration that bringing one person to submission of Allah swt is better than whole life time of ibadah.  Finally he said to me, you know there is qada of salah but their is no qada for letting a brother down in utmost need. So what do you think now?

wassalam

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 9:12am
Originally posted by fatima fatima wrote:

Assalamu alaikum

I discussed the issue with my dad. He said to me that this person was in dire need at that point and my dad could have helped him and alhamdulillah he did. He goes the best thing would have been me praying and Allah swt knows i tried to say to this person but he was worried about this matter. My dad said to me, have you not heard the narration that Allah swt does forgive His own rights but not the rights of people on you. He also said that we should take apportunities like this as dawah. This person knows that I am only helping him cos Allah swt orders us to help brothers in need. So when he would compare my dad's behaviour to people who are not practising, the only difference he would see is deen. And inshaAllah this would attract him to deen.

He also told me another narration that bringing one person to submission of Allah swt is better than whole life time of ibadah.  Finally he said to me, you know there is qada of salah but their is no qada for letting a brother down in utmost need. So what do you think now?

wassalam

Bismillah,

There are two ways that we handled this when we had frequent guests in Jordan.  One is to just get up quietly and go say prayers one or two at a time.  Another is to announce where the bathroom is for woodoo, and ask if the guest would like to precede you in making woodoo.

Deciding which should be based on your knowledge of the people and their situation and what they, as your guests, would be more comfortable with.

The event is past.  Don't worry about it.  Decide for yourself what you will do in the future, or at least narrow your parameters of choices that are acceptable for you to make for yourself.

(Some of the women and girls would just giggle and say they had their period when I asked them to pray.  Now, I'm very sure, because I was young and quite observant, that this wasn't so many of the times and that these ladies were taught that it is better to wait to say salat until they returned home.  And that is between them and Allah, SWT.)

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic