IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To The Moderators  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To The Moderators

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 12:45pm

Interesting indeed!

My comments regarding Islam and philosophy are not used to disprove anything. My faith as one member says here is sad, well, I'm not looking for pity. My faith perhaps is dwindling but the kind of remarks as to call my faith sad is the very lack of brotherhood I see in the world. All humans are capable of dwindling faith. As you all say "it's my reaction." What about my reaction? You only know me by words. My physical presence you don't know. You don't know whether I'm smiling, laughing or crying.

Ok I understand where everyone is coming from because you have said it more than once to me. I want everyone to understand where I'm coming from. Not only have I been judged here but have had my personal past used BY MUSLIMS mind you against me just to justify some sick comment towards whatever subject I was dicussing. To me that is not brotherhood that is called backbiting. Back at the mosque I used to go to I've had others form 'cliques' with each other.

The Muslim community in Souther California is very broad and although not all share the attributes of isolation which I have experienced, it does exist nonetheless. Been turned down from marriage cause of my culture, not once, but twice. I have had many bad experiences and again, I say, this has nothing to do with the principles of Islam, rather its adherents. Many people here have said "Pray to Allah" or "do this or so and so" this is usually the cop out case for me. In order to change the Muslim society we must be productive with solutions that are productive. Part of being productive is  admitting that a real problem exist in the Muslim community.

But so far here all we are saying is how sad my faith is? How does that help me? how can that be theraputic to my situation? Amah you said its how my reaction is right? But perhaps members should be choosy on their words because its called sensitivity.

Edited by Israfil
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 3:39pm

Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Bismillah Arrahmaan Arraheem.

Assalaamualaikum Brother Israfil,

This is very difficult to explain to you, believe me.

You need explanation, we will give it Insha Allah to the best of our abilities... you need moral support, you will get plenty here... you need help to understand Islam better, everyone will be more than willing. But you know why people start shying away, it is because of your reaction brother. Brother please try to see things from our point of view. It appears you feel offended by what we say so we refrain from hurting you...YES, no one wants to hurt you. But I think you do not believe that.

I think, you do not have very supportive people around you wherever you live, hence you have developed these feelings. Islam IS about brotherhood. But we don't get to see it much...but if you really look around you will see it....even right here on this forum. So many people here are good to you, Iam talking about Muslims too. When things go wrong, sometimes we have to look at ourselves and question ourselves "am I doing something wrong that is taking away some people from me?" Sometimes, unknowingly, we give some signs to people.

It is ok to ask questions. Allah asked us to "ponder" over the Quran, not question its authenticity (as a muslim). As a muslim I will quote the Quran because they are Allah's words, better than anything in this world, but will you like it if I use words from the Quran? Why do some people get offended if we use Allah's words so often?

I hope you are understanding me. Brother, the way you want us to be more receptive to you, you too need to be more receptive to us. Sincere advice from this sister, please read more of the Quran (and ponder over it) and ask Allah for Hidayah. Try to forget the people who are of no help, there is no helper like Allah, there is no protector like Allah. May Allah guide us all.

Our duas are with you
Sincerely
Your sister in Deen.

Brother Israfil,

I don't know if you want a response here or not from anyone other than the moderators, so not being sure of this, I'll be brief.

Brother please try to see things from our point of view.

Don't you feel the love and companionship in this statement?

Why do some people get offended if we use Allah's words so often?

Why don't you, Sister Amah, reflect upon this; look at the answers people have already copiously supplied to you, and figure out the answer to your own query.

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Muslim_brother View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim_brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 11:15pm

Israfil, accept Islam as it is, questions lead to doubts, and doubts eventually lead a believer astray !

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Muslim_brother Muslim_brother wrote:

Israfil, accept Islam as it is, questions lead to doubts, and doubts eventually lead a believer astray !

Why cant we question Islam? we have nothing to hide.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim_brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Originally posted by Muslim_brother Muslim_brother wrote:

Why cant we question Islam? we have nothing to hide.

OK, you can question Islam, but when you get the answer, don't question the answer, otherwise you will go inside deeper, deeper, deeper.....and then you will find yourself lost. satan is our plain enemy

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 11:27pm
what if answer dosnt Satisfies you?

I miss those old times when scholars sat and talked about Islam.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim_brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 11:37pm

hmmmm......there are some answers which you need to accept without questioning, example, we muslims believe in Allah though we don't see Allah, we muslims believe in paradise and hell, though we don't see them, thus we muslims believe in the unseen (ghaib)

Edited by Muslim_brother
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim_brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 11:40pm

ofcourse, you can ask scholars even today, feel free, scholars are still there in the world, inshaAllah doubts can be cleared through Islamic scholars, but nobody should make their own theories, predictions etc. like today's scientists do...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic