IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - War and Sex, why so much similarities?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

War and Sex, why so much similarities?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarComm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 9:55am
Originally posted by ops154 ops154 wrote:

Why would I not be able to think that way if I was in Iraq? Why even say something so stupid? A soldier can think what they want as long as they do what they are lawfully told to do. You apperantly don't read anything I have posted before as I am one of the few who stick up for our troops so if you are saying something different then get informed and then come back to talk. More pressing issues? Well let's see, corporate america running amock, North Korea, huge amounts of high school drop out rates, high infant death rates, lobbists, patriot act, government scandles, etc. I could go on but as you see, nation building should be towards the bottom of the "To Do" list.

Ho Ho, i already answered that question, cause most people who have a bit of moral decency would not wish to fight for a wrong cause or die for it...sure there are those robots who just "do as they are told", but i was talking about humanbeings....and as you can tell i am a newbie here so excuse if i did not read your honorable words about the troops in Iraq....

As for your "more pressing issues", i believe there will always people whining around wishing it to get better, they never wonder "what if this is as good as it gets?"...drop outs? into the military with them...get them a nice "G.I bill" if they make it out alive.

And that He is Lord of Al shi'ra(The Star Sirius), And That He destroyed The tribe of 'Ad that was first.

[chapter the star verse 49-50]
ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 10:04am
Originally posted by StarComm StarComm wrote:

Originally posted by ops154 ops154 wrote:

Why would I not be able to think that way if I was in Iraq? Why even say something so stupid? A soldier can think what they want as long as they do what they are lawfully told to do. You apperantly don't read anything I have posted before as I am one of the few who stick up for our troops so if you are saying something different then get informed and then come back to talk. More pressing issues? Well let's see, corporate america running amock, North Korea, huge amounts of high school drop out rates, high infant death rates, lobbists, patriot act, government scandles, etc. I could go on but as you see, nation building should be towards the bottom of the "To Do" list.

Ho Ho, i already answered that question, cause most people who have a bit of moral decency would not wish to fight for a wrong cause or die for it...sure there are those robots who just "do as they are told", but i was talking about humanbeings....and as you can tell i am a newbie here so excuse if i did not read your honorable words about the troops in Iraq....

As for your "more pressing issues", i believe there will always people whining around wishing it to get better, they never wonder "what if this is as good as it gets?"...drop outs? into the military with them...get them a nice "G.I bill" if they make it out alive.

Those "robots" are soldiers unlike the COWARDS who refuse to go. When you enlist you know you may have to do things you don't like but when you fail to go then you put someone else's life in danger because you were to much of COWARD to go. Soldiers are to do what they are lawfully told to do. "humans" can sit behind a computer and judge those who do the job you won't.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
StarComm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarComm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 11:56am

why is the word "coward" so big? is it a word you feel has some kind of weight in your life?

Anyway i might be a coward(i am a civilian), but i know i would not be if i was in the military...i guess that's because it is easier to show bravery when one is under the command of others....You know, i just feel like letting this frustration you have with me for whatever reason bleed out....see you on the other side!

And that He is Lord of Al shi'ra(The Star Sirius), And That He destroyed The tribe of 'Ad that was first.

ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by StarComm StarComm wrote:

why is the word "coward" so big? is it a word you feel has some kind of weight in your life?

Anyway i might be a coward(i am a civilian), but i know i would not be if i was in the military...i guess that's because it is easier to show bravery when one is under the command of others....You know, i just feel like letting this frustration you have with me for whatever reason bleed out....see you on the other side!

My frustrations is with so many here that support desserters as heros when they are from from that.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
StarComm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarComm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 3:01pm

Yeah, we people mistake love for desire and greed...problem of many christians...and then preeching how much they love the arabs and other non christian people while working to exterminate them....and killing them by the thousands...well, love eachother to death i would say...but remember the AIDS! That's like a virus that just destroys the immune system which renders the body defenceless against other viruses and infections with eventually death as a result...i am sure some would want to lable the AIDS virus a "terrorist", that is if one is far enough to realize that reality has different levels with which one can confirm truths...well, i guess (aids) comes by ones own actions...unsave sex, wrong kinda needles for a quick feel good which they do not deserve and ofcourse homosexuality, and what else...ow yeah hospitals in poor countries who can not afford clean injection needles....the only ones i believe are done injustice are the ones that get infected by the unclean needles in hospitals because they are poor...because of people ammusing themselves, unrightfully so, thats why a frickin junky kills himself in his effort to keep feeling good...same with those who wish to hop from the one "Feel good" to the next....the fun is in the hunt and not the kill huh? AIDS....

There is the tree...do i see you sitting in it? i think so....having fun in there? yes i know, once i was there too, but then i got down when i started feeling it was time to go down from there, when i found out i was running from something that i was not scared of anymore.

Edited by StarComm

StarComm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarComm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 6:56am
the above post is edited..

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 7:25am

Starcomm, I think you thread defeats the purpose of make love not war

btw, you don't need to let people you edited your post, its says so automatcially after

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
StarComm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarComm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 8:08am

I know...you are right, it does defeat the fake dream of "make love not war". Dagon hippies, what they left us with is a whole generation of bastards and loop brains...They really believed they were doing something revolutionary good...with their picked flowers...they should have realized the truth of that flower, after it's plucked it starts to die REAL fast and become yellow...had they left it maybe other people would have had the chance to enjoy the sight of those flowers...but no, they just had to pick it in their "happiness"...

Hey, is it not some sort of coincidence that the hippy movement started around the time the Vietnam war started? who knows what would have happened had they not been there? (i guess the "trend setter first orriginal no copy yet made hippy" was some sort of a leader....man did he have alot of followers...he must have been from Brooklyn or some rich people's child who chose to rebel against his daddy the arms salesman.....

Edited by StarComm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic