IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Story of Interest  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Story of Interest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Story of Interest
    Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:06am

A nice Muslim family in Virginia.  I noticed too that the Catholic Church there has given Muslims in the area the use of their church so they can have a building in which to worship.  These are the steps we need to make towards peace for all of us.

The American Dream

The American Dream
Photograph by Karen Kasmauski

Dinner is spread on the living room floor in the Northern Virginia home of Muhammad Rafique Khan, far right, and his family. Khan retired from a position as an officer in the Pakistani Army to come to the United States, where he works six days a week delivering Papa John�s pizzas and the Washington Post. �My mission over here is to invest for the sake of my children,� says Khan, whose three daughters talk about becoming doctors. �I have to work a lot, but at least, thank God, until today we are safe, and my kids go to school.� Khan gathers to worship with other Muslims in a Falls Church, Virginia, Roman Catholic church that has offered them the use of its building. �I feel more comfortable going to a church here than a mosque in my own country,� Khan says. �In my own country anyone could start fighting, anyone could impose his thoughts. I used to go the mosque with certain reservations�I had to keep my mouth shut.�

http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/data/2002/01/01/html/ zm_20020101.5.5.html

Peace to All!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
StarComm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarComm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:15am

Just an ordinary man who is amongst the millions on earth and i need to be confronted with his picture and his frickin family just because he lives in America and is muslim and arab (wow) living the American dream on the floor because of the catholic good will, without even a frickin smile on his face to show good ol catholic america his apreciations....if i saw him on the street i would say "hey whats up man" and walk on....

peace to you too.

Edited by StarComm
And that He is Lord of Al shi'ra(The Star Sirius), And That He destroyed The tribe of 'Ad that was first.

[chapter the star verse 49-50]
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:23am

What's your problem?  This was an example of a beautiful Muslim family, I thought.  It was an example of how we should reach out to all those among us....no matter their faith, no matter their race, no matter their culture.  It was on the Home Page of Islamicity, published by National Geographic magazine.  I thought it was quite nice, and I certainly don't understand your grumpiness. 

Yes, I'm Catholic, but I would have liked it just as much if a Mormon or a Protestant had offered them their church too.  I'm not the bigot here.

Peace to You.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
StarComm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarComm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:38am

Yeh, i guess life goes on...and good is good.

And that He is Lord of Al shi'ra(The Star Sirius), And That He destroyed The tribe of 'Ad that was first.

Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:30pm
Patty, I appreciate all that the Catholic church does to help refugees. Thier refugee services are the best in the country. They help anyone regardless of religon.  And starrcom, is living in the U.K. so what kind of person can he be to critisize these people in the U.s.
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:31pm
Starcomm-They aren't Arabs by the way, where ya been living?
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
StarComm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarComm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:49pm
Oh ok they are pakistani muslims...what i have been living? i have been convinced this place is called earth...i will try stop being a smart ass because i am sure i am not good at it all....

StarComm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarComm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:52pm
But seriously, are the catholics saying "we are sorry for keeping you muslims down?" now that they may have seen the end is nearing? don't understand me wrong i do not say it is a bad thing....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic