IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Story of Interest  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Story of Interest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 9:16pm

ak_m_f. shame on you for agreeing. They seem to be not religous becuase the lady is not wearing a Hijab, thats it?? I thought you were brighter than that bro! A woman could be a killer, drug addict, child abuser and if they people here saw here in a hijab they would say wow, she is so religous!

You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 10:07am

Goodness.. can people please try to take things offered in a positive way??? Patty was sharing something that we all could learn from.  People of faith, morals, general humanity, etc should be able to open their doors. Not close and lock them.

The father, like most, is doing the best he can to lead a better life for his kids. People are so hyper-critical!

I also agree with Jenni, why is always about if this woman is wearing a scarf on her head or not??  We know nothing about this woman. We just judge her but such a simplistic definition of what is a Moslem woman. We somehow think we are better than other people. Considering there are people who steal, cheat, lie, sell their bodies for sex, and also wear a scarf, why  can�t we just get over bashing each other??

Peace is different for all us. Why shread these people. Sigh

My first thought was the kids like cute. J

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 5:36pm
Bless you, Hayfa.
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
StarComm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarComm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

Originally posted by StarComm StarComm wrote:

But seriously, are the catholics saying "we are sorry for keeping you muslims down?" now that they may have seen the end is nearing? don't understand me wrong i do not say it is a bad thing....

Catholics have not "kept the Muslims down".  We have been greatly discriminated against ourselves.....but rather than sit around sucking our thumbs, we follow the commandment of God to "love our neighbor as ourself."  And we don't believe in the "Rapture" fyi.  We do, however, believe in Judgement Day. 

Why, if I may be so bold as to ask, are you so insulting toward Catholics?  What have Catholics ever done to you?

God's Peace.

What catholics ever done to me? i guess nothing, i already do enough to myself so they really do not see the need to do anything to me....my grand dad used to be in a german work camp my grandmother was pregnant, they both were catholics...the church did not even help my grandma once...when the war was over...there they were again asking for money (ties)

I think there is too much gold involved...why don't they spend it on helping someone out instead of hanging it around their necks and fingers and all over in the churches?

Edited by StarComm
And that He is Lord of Al shi'ra(The Star Sirius), And That He destroyed The tribe of 'Ad that was first.

[chapter the star verse 49-50]
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

ak_m_f. shame on you for agreeing. They seem to be not religous becuase the lady is not wearing a Hijab, thats it?? I thought you were brighter than that bro! A woman could be a killer, drug addict, child abuser and if they people here saw here in a hijab they would say wow, she is so religous!

whoa gurl chilll!

I agreed with his part:

they seem to convert easily to those people's religion who support them by money

This kinda reminded me of that afghani convert case.

ps you do know how much I hate when ppl force women to wear burka when they dont wnat to!

Edited by ak_m_f
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 9:05am
Sorry, this just really bugs me when people judge a whole family and how religous they are by the woman wearing a scarf or not. This family is not converting to catholicism and are practising Muslims. If they Muslim community won't help them here, then they should take help wherever they can get it if needed. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
schwester View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

schwester-Who cares if she is wearing a Hijab. It is none of your business. This is all you people care or think about, if someone wears a hijab they are good if they don't they aren't. You don't know anything!!!

sis, i don't say they are bad or good. yea i dunno who they are. but if they decided to show themselves in media why don they try to show their faith in good waay if they like their faith? it seemed to me like, it is all islam who harms even to its people. NO. there are muslims all helping too, even to atheist people, by all they can. i myself is the one because of whom some muslims had left their family and wealth, and i myself have seen muslim bros were drown to save russian boys from death. and they did it hoping the boys will learn the only truth (their Creator). and why this media doesn't show muslims helping. why others helping, and to muslims? and you have put this damn media as if the media is always showing true things, and as if the media is the only source knowing the truth.
i don care and don say anything bad about muslims because i love my faith so much that i don want any dirt on it, but why don this family care about how to present their faith if they like it?
schwester View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 9:41pm
if to be honesst, i sometimes feel that as if there are some missionares pretending to be muslim here on this forum. anyway, may All-knowing bless us with the right infos and knowledge.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic