IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where is the Injeel?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where is the Injeel?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 7:25am

Angel,

"is this it, bmz ?

AnnieTwo wrote:
The Injeel is in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.  God's message was not destoryed. Annie 

That is the clue, Angel.

"The Injeel is in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Annie"

If I were to write that, which I will do later, I would have written," The Injeel can be found in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John."  But we must keep in mind that the Gospels are not Injeels.

Please mark my words "the Gospels" are not "Injeels". There has to be only one Injeel. Are you with me on this point? I know you are.

Please stay tuned. However, you may elaborate, if you wish. Cheers.

Edited by bmzsp
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 8:07am

I'm looking forward to your elloboration.  The statement that the Injeel is in the Gospels but not the Gospels is kinda a cop out.  (sorry sweetie)  Why would any being allow for his message to be corrupted so? 

Many muslims argue with me on the Gospels because they were written anywhere from 20-100 years after the Crucifixion, they are complete fabrications. 

Its very upsetting.  The whole basis of Islam is that the Truth was lost from Moses and from Jesus (pbut).  That their scriptures were corrupted.

If this is the case, why did he not preserve them in the "same" manner he's preserving the Quran.

Originally posted by AnnieTwo AnnieTwo wrote:

Angela wrote:

Now, given that Moses (pbuh) supposedly wrote the Torah (which included the 1st 5 books of the Old Testament) and that Muhammed (pbuh) wrote down the Quran as it was revealled, why did Christ not write down the Injeel????

This is already been answered.  Jesus' followers wrote down Jesus' mesage.

So did Muhammed's (pbuh) companions.  They wrote down while he revealed.  So, why did Jesus (pbuh) not direct his followers to do the same????

Edited by Angela
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 8:23am

Angela,

From you:"

So did Muhammed's (pbuh) companions.  They wrote down while he revealed.  So, why did Jesus (pbuh) not direct his followers to do the same????"

This is in itself another good question. I will try to incorporate this question in my reply later. Thanks.

AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

I'm looking forward to your elloboration.  The statement that the Injeel is in the Gospels but not the Gospels is kinda a cop out.  (sorry sweetie)  Why would any being allow for his message to be corrupted so? 

Sounded like a copout to me or a little play with words.

Many muslims argue with me on the Gospels because they were written anywhere from 20-100 years after the Crucifixion, they are complete fabrications.

All the gospels except John's were written prior to 70AD.  When your Muslim friends tell you this, point out to them that the Qur'an was not put into book form in the lifetime of their prophet.  It took 22 or 23 years to write.

Its very upsetting.  The whole basis of Islam is that the Truth was lost from Moses and from Jesus (pbut).  That their scriptures were corrupted.

And they are wrong.  There is no verse in the Qur'an that says that.

If this is the case, why did he not preserve them in the "same" manner he's preserving the Quran.

He did.

[/QUOTE=Angela]

Angela wrote:

Now, given that Moses (pbuh) supposedly wrote the Torah (which included the 1st 5 books of the Old Testament) and that Muhammed (pbuh) wrote down the Quran as it was revealled, why did Christ not write down the Injeel????

This is already been answered (to Mishmish.  I gave her an article to read on this subject.)  Jesus' followers wrote down Jesus' mesage.

So did Muhammed's (pbuh) companions.  They wrote down while he revealed.  So, why did Jesus (pbuh) not direct his followers to do the same???? [/QUOTE]

What makes you think he didn't?  When Jesus told his disciples to go and preach the gospel to all nations, do you think he meant that it would be an oral gospel for all time?  Or do you think that Jesus expected or even asked his disciples to write down his message so others could read it and preach it also?

14If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4

AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 8:35am

Originally posted by BMZ BMZ wrote:

Angel,

"is this it, bmz ?

AnnieTwo wrote:

The Injeel is in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.  God's message was not destoryed. Annie 

That is the clue, Angel.

"The Injeel is in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Annie"

If I were to write that, which I will do later, I would have written," The Injeel can be found in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John."  But we must keep in mind that the Gospels are not Injeels.

Please mark my words "the Gospels" are not "Injeels". There has to be only one Injeel. Are you with me on this point? I know you are.

<>Please stay tuned. However, you may elaborate, if you wish. Cheers.

Gospel means "good news."  As far as I know Injeel is the name for the Gospel of Jesus or the "good news" of Jesus.  The idea of "good new' for which an older word is "gospel": had two principal meanings for first-century Jews.  First, with roots to Isaiah, it meant the news of YHVH's long-awaited victory over evil and rescue of His people.  Second, it was used in the Roman world for the accession, or birthday, of the emperor.  Since for Jesus the announcement of God's in-breaking kingdom was both the fulfillment of prophecy and a challenge to the world's present rulers, "gospel" became an important shorthand for both the message of Jesus himself and the apostolic message about him.

The four canonical "gospels" tell the story of Jesus in such a way as to bring out both these aspects.  Since in Isaiah this creative, life-giving good news was seen as God's own powerful word (40:8; 55:11), the early Christians could use "word" or "message" as another shorthand for the basic Christian proclamation. 

Jesus taught that the kingdom of God was being inaugurated by and through him.  Many of his parables are Kingdom parables.  The Kingdom or God and the Kingdom of Heaven, which is how Matthew termed it are the same thing. 

The kingdom of God is best understood as the kingship, or sovereign and saving rule, of Israel's God YHWH, as celebrated in several Psalms (e.g. 99:1) and prophecies (e.g. Daniel 6:26-7).  Because YHWH was the creator God, when He finally became king in the way He intended this would involve setting the world to rights, and particularly rescuing Israel from it enemies.

"Kingdom of God" and various equivalents (e.g. "No king but God!") became revolutionary slogans around the time of Jesus.  Jesus' own announcement of God's kingdom redefined these expectations around his own very different plan and vocation.  His invitation to people to "enter" the kingdom was a way of summoning them to allegiance to himself and his program, seen as the start of God's long-awaited saving reign.  For Jesus, the kingdom was coming not in a single move, but in stages, of which his own public career was one, his death and resurrection another, and a still future consummation another.  "Kingdom of heaven" is Matthew's preferred form for the same phrase, following a regular Jewish practice of saying "heaven" rather than "God."  It does not refer to a place ("heaven"), but to the fact of God's becoming king in and through Jesus and his achievement. 

You will find Jesus' Gospel/good news noted in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Edited by AnnieTwo
14If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4

fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 8:52am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

I think to properly understand it we have to start from the start, Allah swt created humans to see who follows the right path. He gave us free will. Another side point could have been to show the importance of hidden motives of creatures i.e. shaytan, how he was very noble but that was not his true colour.  Now if we say that Allah swt lets us indulge in wrong but if He was Most Merciful, He would not, be a wrong way of thinking.  This whole idea would negate the idea of free will and a reward at the end for choosing the right path. 

Another point is this life is a test. Every body knows there is some sort of difficulty involved when you use this word. Succession of Messengers (as) was a test as it is hard on self to admit that what i have got is not useful anymore. So you leave what you grow to love which is also hard. We are told that shaytan asked permission to lead us astray and it was given. Now best way for doing this would be corrupt the minds of nobles and people in authority. Now those people changed what did not suite them and Allah swt let it happen due to the fact that there were still Messengers (as) coming. Allah swt let it happen because if a law in its true form is still among the people of earth then there is no point sending another Prophet (as) with new laws. 

The true teaching did not totally disappear as there were many christians who embrased islam as soon as they became aware of it, that was completion of their belief because they were told about coming of Last Prophet (saw) and following him. 

Now reason why Holy Quran is guarded against any evil is because its the last divine book. There is no book or message coming after this, so our Lord being Most Merciful made sure that true guidance stays out till the last day.  Allah swt says that He does not give the wrong doers an excuse against Him, so thats why Holy Quran stays in its original form. 

I cant comment on whether injeel in its original form was written down or not because we are not been told of this in Holy Quran or Ahadith. Even if it was written down, maybe follower of Isa (as) had to hide it to protect it ofcourse. I am saying this because if people against Isa (as) were so strong that they killed the person who they thought was Isa (as), they would have surely done damage to the Book as well.

Believe me sister sending Prophets (as) one after the other is also a test as i already said. Thats where whispering of shaytan come in. Its natural to have pride in your belonging but Allah swt wants to see what is more dearer to you.

I pray that may Allah swt help you in your quest and guide you to straight path and His pleasure inshaAllah cos i know thats what you are looking for. ameen 

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 8:57am

Sister annie, you are mistaken, Holy Quran was put in the form of a book within the first two years of the passing of Sayyidina Muhammad (saw)

Holy Quran does mention the distortion of the previous Books, give me some time I will inshaAllah post them

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 9:00am

Fatima you said:

>>>>I think to properly understand it we have to start from the start, Allah swt created humans to see who follows the right path. He gave us free will.<<<<<

Perhaps your iitial premise here is bad....First off Why would God create life forms to see who would follow him? He knows which of those life forms that would follow him.....?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic