IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where is the Injeel?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where is the Injeel?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is the Injeel?
    Posted: 28 June 2006 at 10:55am

I have seen a HUGE number of circular and unending arguments about the validity of the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. 

Now, from what I understand, the Muslims believe that Jesus Christ (pbuh) revealed a book called the Injeel.  Correct? 

Now, given that Moses (pbuh) supposedly wrote the Torah (which included the 1st 5 books of the Old Testament) and that Muhammed (pbuh) wrote down the Quran as it was revealled, why did Christ not write down the Injeel????

Where is this collection of revelations?  Why did God not preserve the words of Moses and Jesus (pbut) like he did the revelations given to Muhammed (pbuh)?

Why is it that God/Allah did not guard all his truths and allowed the confusion to take place to begin with???? 

Why is it that an All Powerful and All Merciful being would not preserve the message of one of his most unique Prophets and creations?

I'm really struggling with this one. 

If there is an Injeel.  Bring it forth.....if you can't, tell me why God would allow the message destroyed when he had it in his power to preserve it, knowing that it would lead billions into Shirk?

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:13pm

Dear Angela,

I understand your confusion on the issue of the injeel.  Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer, but perhaps these verses might help you with this part of your inquiry:  "If there is an Injeel.  Bring it forth.....if you can't, tell me why God would allow the message destroyed when he had it in his power to preserve it, knowing that it would lead billions into Shirk?"

"If it had been thy Lord's Will, they would all have believed - all who are on earth!  Wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will to believe!"  Qur'an 10:99

"And unto Allah leads straight the Way, but there are ways that turn aside: if Allah had willed, He could have guided all of you."  Qur'an 16:9

"If Allah so willed, He could make you all one People: but He leaves straying whom He pleases: but ye shall certainly be called to account for all your actions."  Qur'an 16:93

I guess what I'm trying to put across to you is the notion that the message is there for everyone and anyone in the Qur'an, but even Allah knew not all would take it to heart.

I would suggest you use the search or Q&A on some reliable Islamic sites to try and find an answer to your injeel question.

Hope this is of some small help to your questions.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

I have seen a HUGE number of circular and unending arguments about the validity of the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. 

Now, from what I understand, the Muslims believe that Jesus Christ (pbuh) revealed a book called the Injeel.  Correct?

The "injeel" is the Gospel or the Good News.

Now, given that Moses (pbuh) supposedly wrote the Torah (which included the 1st 5 books of the Old Testament) and that Muhammed (pbuh) wrote down the Quran as it was revealled, why did Christ not write down the Injeel????

This is already been answered.  Jesus' followers wrote down Jesus' mesage.

Where is this collection of revelations?  Why did God not preserve the words of Moses and Jesus (pbut) like he did the revelations given to Muhammed (pbuh)?

He did.

Why is it that God/Allah did not guard all his truths and allowed the confusion to take place to begin with????

He did.

Why is it that an All Powerful and All Merciful being would not preserve the message of one of his most unique Prophets and creations?

He did.

If there is an Injeel.  Bring it forth.....if you can't, tell me why God would allow the message destroyed when he had it in his power to preserve it, knowing that it would lead billions into Shirk?

The Injeel is in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.  God's message was not destoryed.  God did and does have the power to preserve His Holy Word.  Those who say that He didn't make God look weak and ineffectual. 

<>Annie 

Edited by AnnieTwo
14If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4

Aquinian View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by AnnieTwo AnnieTwo wrote:

The Injeel is in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.  God's message was not destoryed.  God did and does have the power to preserve His Holy Word.  Those who say that He didn't make God look weak and ineffectual. 

<>Annie 

Always factual, never equivocal.  Well stated.

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 5:48pm

The "injeel" is the Gospel or the Good News.

This is already been answered.  Jesus' followers wrote down Jesus' mesage.

He did.

He did.

He did.

<>Annie 

AMEN, Annie, AMEN!!  Exactly correct.

May the Peace of the Lord be with You Always.....

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Aquinian Aquinian wrote:

<>Annie 

Always factual, never equivocal.  Well stated.

Very true, Aquinian....very accurate and well stated!

Peace be with you.....

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 3:36am

Angela,

Injeel is my territory. I have done a lot of research on it, becoming almost an expert on detection of Jesus' Injeel. But first sweet salvo: Injeel is not Gospels!

Here is a clue. The answer is in Annie's post.  This is the first time that I am agreeing with Annie but I am not sure if Annie will agree with me on what I write later.

Please bear with me for a few hours. Once I finish my work, Annie will rejoice in what I write.  Then all can rejoice together.

Edited by bmzsp
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 5:48am

Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Here is a clue. The answer is in Annie's post. 

is this it, bmz ?

The Injeel is in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.  God's message was not destoryed. <>Annie 

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic