IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - loan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

loan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2006 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Originally posted by winjoy winjoy wrote:

is it ok for a Muslim to loan from bank to buy an apartment or a car ?

As Salamu Alaykum,you can only use murabaha for buying a home through it's rules,the bank will buy the house for you then pays it's value to the buyer of the house and takes the property on it's own(the bank),then will give you a murabaha project including payment days,the project must include a cash payment(min/25%) being paid to the seller of the house without the bank by your side as the buyer of the house ..take care that Islamic banks only pays the money to the buyer of the house not to the one who uses murabaha,at the end of the payment period the bank gives the property to you...this is Islamic banking style...the credit depends on real trade not on money and interest...as an practicable examples for you,interest means the difference(quantity,moneyu,benefits..exct.) received by the exchange of two same thing...

Bismillah,

Sweet.  25% fee.  This is Islaamic banking, huh?  I think the Islaamic bankers are kind of missing the point of not paying or charging or witnessing riba.  You're not supposed to rip people off and cause the inflation of the value of goods over time.  Please think about it. 

What is the bottom line?  Take two houses:  One is paying 6 % interest and the other with your 25% fee.  Can you answer which house in the end will end up actually costing more money?  I know you know the answer without doing the math.  Then just think about the meaning and reason for the rule and do the right thing.

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2006 at 7:54am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Originally posted by winjoy winjoy wrote:

is it ok for a Muslim to loan from bank to buy an apartment or a car ?

As Salamu Alaykum,you can only use murabaha for buying a home through it's rules,the bank will buy the house for you then pays it's value to the buyer of the house and takes the property on it's own(the bank),then will give you a murabaha project including payment days,the project must include a cash payment(min/25%) being paid to the seller of the house without the bank by your side as the buyer of the house ..take care that Islamic banks only pays the money to the buyer of the house not to the one who uses murabaha,at the end of the payment period the bank gives the property to you...this is Islamic banking style...the credit depends on real trade not on money and interest...as an practicable examples for you,interest means the difference(quantity,moneyu,benefits..exct.) received by the exchange of two same thing...

Bismillah,

Sweet.  25% fee.  This is Islaamic banking, huh?  I think the Islaamic bankers are kind of missing the point of not paying or charging or witnessing riba.  You're not supposed to rip people off and cause the inflation of the value of goods over time.  Please think about it. 

What is the bottom line?  Take two houses:  One is paying 6 % interest and the other with your 25% fee.  Can you answer which house in the end will end up actually costing more money?  I know you know the answer without doing the math.  Then just think about the meaning and reason for the rule and do the right thing.

Peace

Sister,you have mistaken my words,there is no such as 25% fee,it is an adding from the buyer of the house from the real value of the house,the rest amount is being financed by the bank,this is the rule of real trade witnessing that if there is a real sell unless one can use sellers as an fraud activity under the papers,25% is the proof of understanding that he is eager to own a house,but if one has no 25% then also can use murabaha project just he must prove he really buys a house behind the papers...bank buys and sells the house to the murabaha applicator,bank buys to 1 and sells to 1,1;the murabaha applicator pays back the 1,1 with installments...in interest banking systems,bank gives money to the buyer such as 1 and at the end of the time period takes 1+money from the customer,as i have said riba is on money not on trade...thx...

fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2006 at 8:20am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

I have heard two rulings on this particular issue, first one is from hanafi school which states that if you live in non-muslim country then taking an interest on your money is ok from the banks in those countries. There are some sort of arrangements in the banks that if you have some basic money you keep it in those banks and then pay the mortgage with your salary through your bank. The interest on your money and the mortgage interest square each other off. Quite complicated for my little brain but I have written as it is.

Now the second way is told by my sheikh who happens to be very strict(first ruling stated above is thought to be most lineant one). I am not sure how it is where you live but here even banks like HSBC offer islamic mortgages but according to my sheikh most of em are not halal. For a halal mortgage or loan, islamic bank acts as a first buyer. The property is bought say 100,000, islamic bank pays for it. Then you have a contract with the islamic bank that within next so many years you are going to pay back the money with stated additional money due to increase in the value with time. i.e add 20,000 for 20 years as thats how much you think value of property is going to increase. But keeping in mind that you have to state the final value in your contract and it can not be changed because you are looking at a high rise in property value.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic