IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - They Went to FREE people  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

They Went to FREE people

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 3:32pm

I had set out to attack brother Whisper on Afghanistan, and was humbled by the atrocities I had seen that have been committed since the American and foreign occupation, I have to say you were right Brother Whisper, I apologize for having doubted you. The current situation is horrific to say the least.

Sister Maryah, I couldn�t thank you any earlier, I have been so busy that I couldn�t even login for these past few days.

Is there any need for you to apologise at all?

It wasn�t anything between the two of us, I enjoyed and respected your fervour, always. It�s just that I am a bit too closely involved with that area, it�s now on fire, Palestine and Iraq are front page news and Afghanistan is ignored or just simply white-washed by the media.

Plus, I am a simple straight man.

We know that all countries act just in their national interests, but no one tries to paint their country as something divine and the ultimate gift to humanity in as much hypocrisy as the Americans do.

Yes, not just I but a good part of our world, now holds them responsible for our deaths, injuries and tears for the simple fact that it�s the citizens of the U S who have voted in the same war criminal thugs, twice.

One of the things I have learned as an educator is to think outside the box. I do remember as a child raised in Instanbul the presence of Anti-American distrust, but since I was the child of a Islam revert Anglo american father who worked in the AF as  a diplomatic attache and a turkish mother, I was never in the least abused by those who did not agree with the american presence in Turkey.

I know the Turks as a generous, hospitable, dignified and cultured people.

No folks, if you live in the US, learn not to be offended by some of the posts. Sometimes we are blinded by the rah rah nationalism of the patriot extremists. Does anyone who is a mormon here remember the stories of how early latter day saints were murdered by fellow americans because they ascribed to  a faith that was different from the status quo? Remember the story of the death of Joseph and Hyrum Smith? Yes, people in the US do kill others for being different.

That�s extremely sad, but some need to mask such happenings like the great Native American Turkey shoots arranged by different admins!

Pope condemns beheadings of Christian girls in Indonesia

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- Pope Benedict XVI condemned the "barbaric" beheadings of three Christian girls in Indonesia and prayed for the end of civil strife in the area. Masked men armed with machetes attacked the girls as they walked to school in the town of Poso Oct. 29. Their heads were taken by the killers and were found later in the day, one near a Catholic church and two near a police station. The girls were dressed in the brown uniforms of their Catholic school on the island of Sulawesi, which has a history of violence between local Christians and Muslims. A fourth girl suffered facial injuries but survived the attack. The Vatican said that as soon as the pope was given the "painful news of the barbaric killings of three Christian girls in Indonesia" he sent his condolences to the families of the victims. He also asked the local bishop, Bishop Joseph Suwatan of Manado, to convey his sympathy to the local Catholic community.

It�s an extremely sad thing, but this post would have had some weight if it were not slotted, as usual, almost to distract attention from the actual dicussion going on.

We have noticed this a bit too often by now.

I didn't ask for a history lesson, dear, I asked your opinion on Saddam and his sons who raped and tortured thousands of Iraqi women. 

I would never have guessed that Donald Rumsfeld presented him with that famous pair of Golden Spurs just for that?

I feel sorry for you, Muslima.  You are not just filled and consumed by hate, you really are mentally ill and in need of help.  IF Whisper wanted to do something productive for a fellow Muslim, he should urge you to seek help for your own sake.

If you ever looked away from the Stars and Stripes, just for a few short moments, you will find that the US has given Muslims and the Muslimas of this world nothing to love or even barely respect your country

Nothing could be further from the truth.  I am sorry for the hurt you have suffered....even though you have not shared that with me.  And you don't need to....I believe you have suffered.  I am truly sorry for that.

I must thank you for your patronising and charitable concern.

B�fazle ta�la I have not suffered anything at the personal front, plus, right now you may be told or not, but the occupiers are being taught the lesson that has been an Afghan hallmark through the centuries of our existence.

We are not Native Indians (or, thank goodness, on your land) that we could be done away with just some organised Turkey Shoots.

Yes, Muslima, AMERICA, with all her many mistakes (and there have been many) has never stooped to the level of slaughtering her own innocent citizens. 

I knew you did live on some cloud but not that it was even beyond number 9.

Patty, I live here in the US. And Bush did say thay they wanted to bring the fighting to Iraq, not here. Let those people die.  We do out dirty work covertly. We do it EVERYWHERE.

Need I say or add something here?
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 3:37pm

Whisper,

�It won�t be long before the poor Americans face the bill for the US meddlings in Pakistan, specifically, by forcing changes in their religious texts.�

I have neither read this thread in its entirety nor am I asking for �evidence� in this case, but primarily because I am interested to know more about this changing of religious texts, I wonder if there is an article (in English) on the topic (and its implications) that you might recommend or link?  I, for my part, suspect that it might be related to this article, which appeared in the otherwise rather staid US News and World Report in April of last year: 

�... The White House has approved a classified new strategy, dubbed Muslim World Outreach, that for the first time states that the United States has a national security interest in influencing what happens within Islam ...

Hola amigo! Thanks for your re-appearance. I have been away, just arrived. Will post or pm a few references for you in the morning. It's too late here, now.

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 12:30pm

Shukran, Whisper, y gracias amigo

Serv 

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 3:00pm

Shukran, Whisper, y gracias amigo.

Visit www.thenation.com.pk I will post more links when I reach Karachi this weekend.

Or just mail and quiz Condi Rice's favourite in that country a bit discretely: [email protected] 

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 8:38am

Thank you, Whisper, but please know that the top link does not work from my side.  In these days of perpetual war, or of what neo-con ideologue Richard Pearle (in his book) calls an �An End to Evil� (no less), I probably should not be surprised by anything.  That said, and though I have yet to look into the issue in any detail, I am still somewhat taken aback that one would even need to do a search on this issue.  Except for the fact that it doesn�t involve celebrities and the implied worship thereof (said satirically), I wonder why this isn�t front-page news?     

I would have expected a collective howl of �foul� from especially that contingent of US Constitutional lawyers which erects and maintains an absolute wall of separation between �Church� and �State� if any agency of the government were to involve itself in changing, emending or otherwise modifying religious texts, even those belonging to Islam.  Well, so much for my expectations.

Again, if only for my own understanding, I need to look into this matter further.  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

God protect you in your travels, or, in keeping with the Spanish theme, via con Dios, Senor!

Serv 

Edited by Servetus
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
  Share Topic