IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - They Went to FREE people  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

They Went to FREE people

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 8:21pm

Does that make lying okay????  I'm serious, if he's going to make an expose, then he shouldn't have to heavily edit people so that he's essentially putting words in their mouths. 

Propaganda is propaganda. 

My old teacher used to say.  "Don't pee on my foot and tell me its raining."

StarComm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarComm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 9:39pm
I think Micheal Moore edited the film because he was trying to put something up against the propaganda from the other side...not that lieing is good but he might think that he is not lying but just leaving certain things out like the other side does too...to esteblish a certain balance....Yes he is fat...and yes he does wear glasses...and yes he is catholic...and yes he does have jewish ancestory i would guess...but he might be trying to do the right thing in his own way. Very negative of the other side because obviously he feels he can not afford not to edit his film...as the community of the middle where should we stand? against the conservatives and for the liberals? or against the liberals and for the conservatives?

Edited by StarComm
And that He is Lord of Al shi'ra(The Star Sirius), And That He destroyed The tribe of 'Ad that was first.

[chapter the star verse 49-50]
StarComm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarComm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 9:49pm
Whisper sure is something else, looking at the people reacting to him....kind of reminds me of someone.
And that He is Lord of Al shi'ra(The Star Sirius), And That He destroyed The tribe of 'Ad that was first.

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

"Maybe you were not aware, but John Kerry is a Catholic and he was illegally voted against and the Texas tumbleweed anchored another term!

I'm fully aware of John Kerry's politics.  He was denied Holy Communion (a Sacrament in the Church) because he believes in abortion, and in fact, marched with a pro-abortion group.  In the Catholic Church this is a very serious sin....as we do NOT believe in abortion at all.  For this reason, John Kerry lost the Catholic vote.  No Catholic, in good conscience, could vote for him.

On the other hand, the "Texas tumbleweed" is very much anti-abortion.

Peace to you sister Patty:

Sis, this is not a forum about someone's abortion stance, and quite frankly I have heard a lot of Catholics say they Don't stand on the issues with the pope because he does't have to pay for the children. I personally condemn the thought of abortion myself, for for another it may be choice. They have to account for it to God, not we. On the other hand, bad decisions by the Texas Tumbleweed has led to many uneccessary deaths in the world. He will someday have to stand before his Maker and account for it, not you or I

Dear Maryah,

I don't plan to respond to this again, except in the "Inter-religion" threads.  But I have to set the record straight for those who have read your statement above.

Yes, there are "those" who will tell you they do not follow the Holy Father or the Magisterium's teachings regarding the dogma that abortion is NEVER permissable.  We do not believe in it, not ever.  And those who say they are Catholic but don't believe the dogma as set forth by the Church are called "dissidents"....they are outside the Church and are no longer in "full communion" with the Roman Catholic Church.  You will hear these people -- who usually belong to a dissident organization -- say they are Catholic, but they don't believe several Church teachings.  There is no such thing as a "dissident Catholic"....it is an oxymoron.  We either believe what God taught us through the prophets and by Jesus' own words in the Gospels.....or we don't.  There is no thing as picking and choosing what you will or will not believe.  If one does not believe Church doctrine, they are not Catholic, and in their own interest it would be best for them to find a church who's theology is more in line with their own opinions.  (Sorry, as a life-long Catholic, I really HAD to set the record straight on this one.)

Peace to You!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

Angela,

I can't stand Michael Moore either.  He is a fat, self-loathing American, who is getting rich off people through his insane excuse for "movies".

also he donst cares about the "ghettos" he showed in this movie.
cant he give couple of millions to school he so much cared about in documentary?

Actually, he donates about 60% of his income to charities. he has also brokered deals with the film distributors that they would finance building homes for people interviewed, in Flint, MI and other poor areas, for his documentaries.

He may be a controversial figure, but he puts his money where his mouth is. Not many in Hollywood, the current government, or us average folk, would give up 60% of our income to charity.

Actually, Mishmish, most Hollywood stars donate huge amounts to their favorite charities.....it's a big tax write-off you know.  And it looks good in the press.  I personally prefer the famous persons who do not discose to the public how much they are donating.  They are the more humble ones. 

I'm sorry for sounding so mean-spirited....I really don't mean too, but I lived in Culver City CA in the 70s and worked in Beverly Hills for a very prominent man.  I just cannot tolerate Hollywood or anything it stands for anymore.  Guess I'm getting to be an old fuddy-duddy!  I think they are the most vain, shallow, "full of themselves" people that have ever touched solid ground.  And I don't really believe they give a tinker's damn about any of these "poor folks" they claim to love so much.  It's all a big act.  They love the publicity, that's what they love.  Themselves and publicity....and not necessarily in that order.

Peace to You, Mishmish!

Patty

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 7:59am

Originally posted by StarComm StarComm wrote:

I think Micheal Moore edited the film because he was trying to put something up against the propaganda from the other side...not that lieing is good but he might think that he is not lying but just leaving certain things out like the other side does too...to esteblish a certain balance....Yes he is fat...and yes he does wear glasses...and yes he is catholic...and yes he does have jewish ancestory i would guess...but he might be trying to do the right thing in his own way. Very negative of the other side because obviously he feels he can not afford not to edit his film...as the community of the middle where should we stand? against the conservatives and for the liberals? or against the liberals and for the conservatives?

Well, I wear glasses at times and I'm Catholic, but I still would never agree with MM's tactics.  Starcomm, you asked "as the community of the middle where should we stand?"  I believe we should stand with our deep sense of what is right and true.  We should not stand with anyone who is deliberately and "obviously" attempting to sway naive persons to his "untrue" view....and through a medium which is making him one extremely weathly man.  He is lying.  Why would we think his movies are funny or of any value?  This man is a liar, plain and simple. He is intentionally misleading and deceiving many fine people who are completely innocent and unaware of the lies he is manufacturing for his own benefit. 

Anyway, welcome to IC, and I guess I seem a little "grumpy" today.  I don't mean to really...it's just been raining forever here in New England, and I WANT TO SEE THE SUN AGAIN!!! 

Peace be with you.....

Edited by Patty
Patty

StarComm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarComm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 8:31am

No need to be grumpy with the will of The Almighty...just accept it and find peace in the reality that is His.... As for Moore and his adversaries at fox news...i see him using the same tactics as they are...i would not even go into judging him wrong or right...afterall every shepherd gets his flock...and the lying get the deshonest who believe his lies and never question them because they themselves are dishonest too...those who do not fear Allah will accept preachings of those who invite to the fear of other then Him such as fear for death, fear of distress, loss of power, loss of wealth or loss of honor....such dishonest people will always be perfectly comfortable with their beliefs and deny other information presented to them which might be the truth...they feel safe in the shepherd and they feel safe in their beliefs, ofcourse a truthful person will feel not at peace with the shepherd and depending on the amount of truthfulness and honesty in that person he will eventually leave the shepherd seeking for the truth...even if that means death. As for those who feel comfortable with the lies of the shepherd and accept them as truths while their lies ofcourse cause corruption in the world and alot of injustice...those will one day stand before The Truth(which is The Almighty Himself) and He will judge them with nothing other then the truth....imagine someone coming to Him with a lie about Him....how empty and light will such a person's scale be before Him who is The Ultimate Truth.

Is not life a too serious of a matter to just accept doctrines as truth without even questioning wether they are really true or not? is it not better to stand before The Only God with atleast your striving to find out the truth because you feared standing before Him....?

everyone is created with the "emotion" of "Fear", to place it in other then The Creator is injustice to onesself and others because of the wrong conclusions it involves and the wrong actions that come fort from the wrong conclusions....so fear The Merciful so that you may become thankful o you readers who fear.

StarComm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarComm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 8:33am
Originally posted by StarComm StarComm wrote:

No need to be grumpy with the will of The Almighty...just accept it and find peace in the reality that is His.... As for Moore and his adversaries at fox news...i see him using the same tactics as they are...i would not even go into judging him wrong or right...afterall every shepherd gets his flock...and the lying get the deshonest who believe his lies and never question them because they themselves are dishonest too...those who do not fear Allah will accept preachings of those who invite to the fear of other then Him such as fear for death, fear of distress, loss of power, loss of wealth or loss of honor....such dishonest people will always be perfectly comfortable with their beliefs and deny other information presented to them which might be the truth...they feel safe in the shepherd and they feel safe in their beliefs, ofcourse a truthful person will feel not at peace with the shepherd and depending on the amount of truthfulness and honesty in that person he will eventually leave the shepherd seeking for the truth(may Allah forgive me)...even if that means death. As for those who feel comfortable with the lies of the shepherd and accept them as truths while their lies ofcourse cause corruption in the world and alot of injustice...those will one day stand before The Truth(which is The Almighty Himself) and He will judge them with nothing other then the truth....imagine someone coming to Him with a lie about Him....how empty and light will such a person's scale be before Him who is The Ultimate Truth.

Is not life a too serious of a matter to just accept doctrines as truth without even questioning wether they are really true or not? is it not better to stand before The Only God with atleast your striving to find out the truth because you feared standing before Him....?

everyone is created with the "emotion" of "Fear", to place it in other then The Creator is injustice to onesself and others because of the wrong conclusions it involves and the wrong actions that come fort from the wrong conclusions....so fear The Merciful so that you may become thankful o you readers who fear.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic