IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What animals can teach us....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What animals can teach us....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What animals can teach us....
    Posted: 21 June 2006 at 1:51pm

http://www.msnbc.com/modules/interactive.aspx?type=ss&la unch=13444526,4999736&pg=10

Photo #10 on the MSNBC Animal Tracks today was two deer licking a cat who was dying of kidney failure.  The even took place on May 23 and the cat died on May 25. 

Why is it that simple animals can show compassion towards each other and we humans cannot seem to grasp this Holy emotion?

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 2:02pm
are you allowed to ditch your cat if its dying?
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 2:08pm
I think this was in the woman's backyard.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 2:09pm

Angela said:

"Why is it that simple animals can show compassion towards each other and we humans cannot seem to grasp this Holy emotion?"

Could it be because animals are incapable of sin?  They are sinless. 

That picture, Angela, is very sweet.  I love animals. 

God's Peace. 

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

Could it be because animals are incapable of sin?� They are sinless.�

What about lion chasing a deer?

Or

The lions fighting each other for domination (usually results in the killing of weaker one)

I had to browse through whole slide. (nice pics btw)

Please click on pic number 10.

Edited by ak_m_f
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 3:26pm

Patty very noble answer!

If I may offer a different opinion......

Animals are of the lower species of intellect and therefore they think partially on a primitve side. However animals contain certain traits that humans do not have which I believe animals to be more "spiritual sensitive" than humans. Humans are the most intleligent creatures yet can be the most ignorant. What unifies the mammal species is that we have in our own way, the capcity of compassion. I think because we humans learn to be selfish we tend to incline more towards ourselves than the common man. We must remember that the essence of God is in all life forms and sometimes it takes simple thing such as a picture of animals of different species interacting to understand the simplicity in life. Maybe the KKK as well as racist tribes in Sundan and abroad should look at pictures like these and ponder that even animals below the intellectual scale are capable of great things.

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 3:55pm

I agree, Israfil.  You are so right!

And if I may tell a little "sappy" story here about my dog, Ridge....I have spells during the day when I think of my Dad's critical illness, and it makes me cry.  I just walk around the house with tears pouring down my face.  Not for long, perhaps five minutes.  But during this time Ridge walks right beside me at every step I take.  If I stop and stand still, Ridge leans his head against my knee and looks up at me with his big, brown eyes.  When I'm over my "crying spell", he goes about his own business again.  I KNOW he understands my sadness, and this is the only way he knows to show me he's sorry I'm unhappy.

They do have a 6th sense which we don't possess.  He always knows when my husband is nearing our home.  (And my husband never comes home at the same time.)  But he begins to pace, and then he stands and looks out the window.  Within a minute or two, my husband will come tearing up the driveway in his truck!  (He also does this if someone else is coming which we have no knowledge of.  If he begins to pace and look out the window, we know someone will soon be driving up the driveway to our house.)

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 5:04pm

http://www.10news.com/news/9399023/detail.html?rss=sand& psp=news

I used to have a Beagle, I loved this story.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic