IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What animals can teach us....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What animals can teach us....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

Salman said,

"the tiger will drive the wolf out of his locality, because he does not like that"

Usually animals drive other species or other sex animal away to protect their young, or to protect the herd.  I would imagine the tiger had kittens....babies to protect.

so do you think if they don't have young ones they would allow animals of other species to dwell in their locality? then there will be breaking news all over the world, and we may see such things happening......a lion licks a wolf, a tiger shares his prey with a deer, an elephant takes the lion and tiger on his back for a stroll.......

Edited by salman_s
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 11:32am

They are doing what comes naturally for the preservation and survival of their species.  In nature this is necessary.

With human beings it is not necessary.  We have superior intelligence which was given to us by God.  We ARE SUPPOSED TO talk out our differences, analyse our problems, and work TOGETHER to solve them to the satisfaction of everyone.....or at least the majority.

Maybe sometimes we don't do as well at this as God expected us to do, but we should still try.

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 12:52pm

Have any of you been watching Meerkat Manor on the Animal Planet? It is amazing to see how these little creatures live. They live in family communities and are very selfless. If one of them falls sick or is injured, they will stay with him, without food or water, until he dies. Then they mourn.

They are also on the DVD, Love and Cooperation in Living Things by Harun Yahya. Which is a great DVD, by the way...

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Have any of you been watching Meerkat Manor on the Animal Planet? It is amazing to see how these little creatures live. They live in family communities and are very selfless. If one of them falls sick or is injured, they will stay with him, without food or water, until he dies. Then they mourn.

They are also on the DVD, Love and Cooperation in Living Things by Harun Yahya. Which is a great DVD, by the way...

YES!  I love the documentaries on the Meerkats.  They are wonderful. These little furry animals are very loving toward their fellow group of meerkats.  They demonstrate real compassion and grief!  Maybe we could learn a lot from the Meerkats.

Thank you for sharing this information about the DVD too.  I'm sure it is very interesting!!

(I love the Animal Planet Channel, and do watch it many times.)

God's Peace Mishmish!

Patty

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 2:10pm

"(I love the Animal Planet Channel, and do watch it many times.)"

I also love it, but invariably find myself crying. Especially over the animal abuse stories. Whenever I watch, I have to go and hug and kiss all of my cats!

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

"(I love the Animal Planet Channel, and do watch it many times.)"

I also love it, but invariably find myself crying. Especially over the animal abuse stories. Whenever I watch, I have to go and hug and kiss all of my cats!

Oh, me too.  I hug my doggie, Ridge.  How can people be so mean to those poor defenseless animals?  I'll never understand it.  You have a good heart, Mishmish

Patty

ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

They are doing what comes naturally for the preservation and survival of their species.  In nature this is necessary.

With human beings it is not necessary.  We have superior intelligence which was given to us by God.  We ARE SUPPOSED TO talk out our differences, analyse our problems, and work TOGETHER to solve them to the satisfaction of everyone.....or at least the majority.

Maybe sometimes we don't do as well at this as God expected us to do, but we should still try.

God's Peace.

Work or talk it through? Humans are mammals and act the same way any other mammals works. Survival of the fittest!!! Welcome to the darwin theory!!!

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 4:09pm
Darwin shmarwin, my husband ain't no monkey's uncle... Though, if that's your inclination Ops, by my guest...

Edited by Mishmish
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic