IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Domestic Chores in Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Domestic Chores in Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 7:49am
Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

culture depends on religion

so you are saying that change religion according to culture?

Edited by ak_m_f
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 10:01am
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

culture depends on religion

so you are saying that change religion according to culture?

no

i m saying change culture according 2 religion

a muslim should not adopt western culture and cultures of other religions, a muslim is different, he should follow the islamic culture - the culture prescribed by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and a muslim should follow the sunnats of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Allah says in the Qur'an 'O ye who believe! Obey Allah and obey the messenger (Prophet Muhammad) !'

Edited by salman_s
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 10:14am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

i think both of you should come clear to all members cos your secret is sort of out, you do bicker like sibings and more like twins really

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 10:54am

Regardless of personal opinion these are things that should be agreed upon and discussed before any marraige. My friends sister was talking to a really nice guy and his sister and his mother for a possible engagement. She was really impressed at how the guy had bought nice cars for his mom and sis and really cared for him. She was ready to move forward but with her sisters urging she asked him about how he would help around the house or with the kids. His reply was" I don't even get my own glass of water from the kitchen" Meaning his mom and sister waited on him hand and foot. That was the end of that, she no longer considered him and told him she had no interest in marrying someone who thinks they are the prince of the house and wants 3 women running around waiting on him. Some men are really lazy ladies and have been totally spoiled and ruined by thier mothers, so BE CAREFUL!!!!

You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 11:34am

i m saying change culture according 2 religion

a muslim should not adopt western culture and cultures of other religions, a muslim is different, he should follow the islamic culture - the culture prescribed by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and a muslim should follow the sunnats of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Allah says in the Qur'an 'O ye who believe! Obey Allah and obey the messenger (Prophet Muhammad)�!'

Woman is equal to man in bearing personal and common responsibilities and in receiving rewards for her deeds. She is acknowledged as an independent personality, in possession of human qualities and worthy of spiritual aspirations. Her human nature is neither inferior to nor deviant from that of man. Both are members of one another. Allah Almighty says:

(And their Lord hath heard them (and He saith): Lo! I suffer not the work of any worker, male or female, to be lost. Ye proceed one from another�) (Aal `Imran 3: 195)

Also historical records show that women participated in public life with the early Muslims, especially in times of emergencies. Women used to accompany the Muslim armies engaged in battles to nurse the wounded, prepare supplies, serve the warriors, and so on. They were not shut behind iron bars or considered worthless creatures and deprived of souls.

Edited by ak_m_f
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 1:59pm

Bismillah,

Um-Sami, it seems that you are having a personal issue with this.  Just don't wait on him hand and foot and he'll remember where the water faucet is.

If he does't put the clothing in the basket,wash everybody's but his.  Try not to take responsibility for his lack of it.  It only gets worse with time.

Consider that if he is doing the shopping, that is a big help.  Figure out things that you don't want to do that he is willing to do and vice-versa and measure things out that way.

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 2:19pm
good Idea herjihad.......
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 3:55pm

I agree with AK I thinki its more cultural than religious......

I wouldn't mind doing half the chores and in fact, I would LOVE to take care of my woman while she is resting after a day's work....However this is go both ways. The best friend  of a husband is his wife and it should be that way vice versa....

Sorry to tell you Salman that unfortunately Islam is sometimes practiced hand and hand with culture. You say that a Westerner Muslim should not adopt western tradition with Islam however people do. What about Arab culture with Islamic tradition? Or Indian or Pakistani?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic