IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - muslim with a nonmuslim girl  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

muslim with a nonmuslim girl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 5:01am

Fathima,

Read Blond's post above.  If you are a Muslim, you must follow Allah's laws about dating and marriage.  Of course Hindu's are human beings, they are just not suitable as mates for Muslims because Allah says so.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 5:42am

Ahhhh.

Words will not change a disbeliever's or a hypocrite's ways. Only the chastisement of Allah will change them.

Let them be.

Allah will settle it.

Edited by blond
queenie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 1:35pm

You believe in Allah the most gracious the most merciful. the creator of the heavens and the earth. You believe in the day of judgement. You believe in the prophets. You try to follow in the footsteps of the beloved Muhammad (saw), you believe that the angels are witnessing and noting down your every action and one day you will account for these to you lord. your ultimate goal is a place in jannat al-firdaus.A kafir (and may allah guide him/her) no matter how intelliget, beautiful, funny and kind,does not believe all this or is ignorant of this. therefore he/she cannot support you in attaining your goal. Instead it can become an obstacle in your path to jannah. How dare one deny the existance of our lord? how can they ignore the signs that are so obvious and why do they choose to live by rules made by man? Obviously then they are not as intelligent as one might think. In fact they are blinded by this dunya. Alhumdulillah they believe in god........but Some think that god is an elephant or a monkey or has 10 legs (astughfrullah) as a muslim you should be offended by that.or at least have some shame.What could you possibly have in common?????? It can't be love.because only a fool would love someone who has no love of Allah and his messenger. Allah hualim......you must have an answer.

Clarabelle View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 4:35pm

Hi I am new

I want to know more about Islam. I guess I would be lumped under the umbrella of 'Christian' if it came to it but I believe in 'God' in a more personal way so don't class myself as that. I believe that God created the earth. He created humans, we are all one large family, we are equal but He meant us to be different, not all believe the same things. I don't believe in Adam and Eve in the way the Bible sets things out. I believe any God worth worshipping and sharing my worries with, thanking for the good and the beautiful, would value peace most highly. Therefore, why can we not intermarry between faiths? Is it not prejudice not to do so? Are we not one blood?

I want us all to live peacefully and accept eachother for our different looks, beliefs and personalities. I pray that we can learn to resolve our differences in a peaceful way.

Does anyone agree? I am learning, searching.

Love and peace

Clarabelle

J.R. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 6:11pm
Assalamu Alaikum Clarabelle,

I was Catholic myself and I understand where you're coming from. As a
Muslim I too want peace between all religions, all races, all colors. Islam
tells us to do so and the example of all the prophets illustrates this.
When Allah (swt) tells us to marry other Muslims or Christians or Jews,
we trust in Him that He is telling us to do so for a good reason. We must
believe in the One True God and ONLY one God. Allah (swt) is The
Greatest and deserves that we avoid situations that may take us away
from the sole worship of him. Marriage is a sacred and holy act which is
shared between two people. In my mind I would not want to marry
someone who believed in another god besides Allah (swt) because I want
to be strong in my beliefs, in my prayers and I need a mate who will
encourage me to live the five pillars of Islam which is required of all
Muslims. Marriage was created for us so we can better worship Allah
(swt). A husband and wife are a team who complete each other and help
strengthen our faith and keep us on track with our iman (faith). A Hindu
or Buddhist, etc., may be a great, loving, and wonderful person but for
marriage, a partner who will help us better serve Allah (swt) is best for us.
I am not putting down any existing marriage between a Muslim and non-
Muslim. I don't want to judge, but this is what's in my heart.
I respect your views and understand what you're saying. I hope you
continue to learn more about Islam at least for the sake of knowledge.
Take care and peace.

Allah hafiz,
J.R.
Smile
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2005 at 5:42am

Bismillah,

It's very simple to ask her to become muslim for you and get married, or you will have to never see her again.  If you don't want to marry her after your intimacy, shame on you.  People are not toys to be thrown away.

Remember that Allah, SWT, is Most Forgiving and Most Merciful, and that when Allah, SWT, created the earth he promised that his mercy is greater than his wrath.

Whether people do things openly or secretly does matter because if people are flaunting their bad behavior, it effects everyone in the community.  They are saying:  Not only are we defying Allah, we are doing it in a manner which invites others to do so also.

If people make mistakes in secret, Allah, SWT, is the only judge of the matter.  The community is not involved, and the people need not face earthly retributions.  There is no need to confess to humans.  People who have sinned secretly confess directly to Allah, SWT, and ISA he will accept their repentence. 

There are specific steps to repentence that maybe someone else has memorized and can post.  But I will mention an important part is to be sincere and to not repeat the bad behavior.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2005 at 7:49am
Noorulla-I agree, you can ask her to convert and marry her. Or break it off, give yourself some time and look for a wife. You should then do your best to be a good husband and ask for forgiveness.
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
sahara View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sahara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2005 at 10:02am

So a muslim couldn't marry a Hindu

I get emailed by Hindus all the time because I post on alot of pen pal sites.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic