IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please read! This is to my brethren here!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPlease read! This is to my brethren here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 1:04am

I have to say that just like for normal sexual relationship, a Muslim has to refrein from doing anything.

If he/she feels inclines to homosexuality, it does not mean that they have to do it, but they have to fight it internally.

I am not here to throw a stone at anyone but we have to follow what Gpd asked us to do or not to do. Otherwise we are sinning.

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 5:21am

Salman, until or unless you have a child whom you love with all your heart come to you one day and tell you he/she is gay, you cannot possibly understand how much pain you feel.  How much sadness.  Do you think for a second I would just stop loving my daughter?  I don't see my daughter as immoral.  I KNOW the homosexual act is immoral, as I also believe the scriptures and what has been said about these ACTS being an abomination before God.  I also know my daughter did not one day just think, "hmmmm, I think I'll be a lesbian".  She fought these feelings very, very hard.  She dated guys a lot!  But she finally had to admit what she really felt in her heart. 

My daughter is college educated.  She graduated cum laude and was on the Dean's List.  Now she has worked for years as a social worker helping elderly and mentally ill clients find suitable housing, medical care, ensuring they have food to eat, etc.  She has spent her life so far caring for others.  She bought a very nice older home and fixed it up herself so that it is a beautiful Victorian style house.  She works in her yard all the time planting flowers and making gardens.  She reads volumes of books.....she has wonderful books everywhere.  She is anti-war, reads books on ALL religions, Islam, Hindu, Buddhist, Christian, etc.  She is a gourmet cook....even makes her own curry. My daughter is extremely intelligent...but she does not judge anyone. She absolutely refuses to talk against another person.  She feels we all have the right to our own beliefs.  She is rabidly fighting against discrimination for women from all countries.  She has travelled to many countries.

I only wish I could be half the tolerant, understanding person my beautiful daughter is.  If we were all like her, with her love for ALL MANKIND, there would be no war.  So, we have miles to go before we fully understand what causes a person to become homosexual.  One thing I DO know, it is not a simple matter of choice.

Yes, my daughter has to "fight it", Muslima.  Strange as it may sound, you would like my daughter if you knew her, and I'm sure she would like you (as a person) too.  She fights her demons everyday!!  What demons do we have that we must also fight???  The demons of intolerance and bigotry perhaps?  The demons of drugs or alcohol or premarital sex???  The BIG DEMON of lust??? We ALL have our own demons, don't we?

God's Peace to All.

Edited by Patty
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:05am

My best friend is gay an di really like him, so it has nothing to do with the person.

God is fair at the end of the day and we need to live by the law. She should try not to commit the act itself even if it is hard.

But I understand that a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what and this is normal. All the best,

Muslima

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic