IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - MERCY OF GOD THROUGH SYMBOLISM  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MERCY OF GOD THROUGH SYMBOLISM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MERCY OF GOD THROUGH SYMBOLISM
    Posted: 12 April 2005 at 7:26pm

THE MERCY OF GOD THROUGH SYMBOLISM--

Bismillah ar Rahmaan ar Raheem, All Praise is due to the infinite Lord whose dominion is innumerable and whose blessings be upon our Messenger Muhammad ibn Abudllah

All the Abrahamic faiths always have pressupose the infinite mercy of God through examples and if one inquires through curiousity it leads to doctrinal interpretation. If we can look deeper into the Abrahamic tradition we can see a limited number of prophets in the Bible and Qur'an, but in the Qur'an God has mentioned sending prophets known and unknown. I personally believe that mercy can also be an interchangeable quality which can be understood through apprehending knowledge.

In Christianity, the mercy of God was through the message of Jesus who would pay the ultimate price by sacrificing himself for the cause he led. However different it is to the Muslim understanding one cannot ignore the valuable message of the Christian doctrine in which Jesus has taught to his followers. His main message to his followers and those who believed in him was to love God. First we must understand what it is to love God. Loving God doesn't mean just to pray five times or go to church or your respective synagouge, no that is following religious practice. Loving God truly transpires into your willingless to follow God through times in which you could choose otherwise. Following God is when you obey the law and life and you respect creation as it exist.

From this comes the concept of God's blessings upon those who have trie to follow the examples of the prophets. From this we see the examples of Moses who through his times of despair led his people from the tyrannical grips of the Pharoah. The same with prophet Muhammad, who like Moses did not have no large following prior to the period of spirituality, but with faith was able to delivery the easiest message to a difficult people. Because of God's infinite knowledge he has consistently tried to send revelations down to man both spiritual and natural. He has said in the Qur'an to contemplate this life, but to not make it a dwelling. This saying balances out man and his reasoning about everything.

In Islam I have found God to be merciful in more ways than I can count. I can't say infinite because that is something I cannot comprehend but what I can comprehend is the message of God through all walks of life. I can only hope that here, we can have an understanding on what that means.

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 7:37pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum Israfil,

Alhamdulillah, a very good post. Wonder why no one said anything on it yet.

The blessings and mercies of Allah are indeed numerous (if you dont want to call these infinite).

Quran is a mercy and the prophet (SAW) who was sent as an exemplar of this Quran is a mercy to us.

If you read sura rahman, it askes the same thing 30 times

Fabi ayyi alaa' i rabbikuma tukazzibaan

....And which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny!

Ask a blind person what sight could do. Ask a poor what affluence is, ask an orphan what love of parents mean, ask a sick person what treasure is in health. Alhamdulillah, every breath is a mercy.

I learnt this somewhere, and happen to love the concept very much...have stated it earleir as well

Thru the will of allah man is in one of the following states, each of which necessitates an appropriate response towards Allah.

1. Barakah: On who receives blessings from allah. This state necessitates shukr (thankfulness) from the servant, for maintaning him in this state.

2. Baliya: One who is in tribulation. The state of tribulation calls for sabr (patience). To complain, or to question the decree of allah when one is in tribulation is bad adab toward allah.

3. Ubudiya: One who is in serventhood and obedience towards allah. The response in this state is �humility�. Arrogance, or thinking one is superior to other due to better servanthood is bad adab towards allah.

4. Ma�siya: One who is in disobedience. The response in this state is seeking forgiveness. �astaghfar�. One who does not seek forgiveness, and makes a resolve to return to the straight path, allah leaves him to go astray.

If we look at these carefully each of these state are in a way a mercy of Allah. The reason is that if the servant goes thru the state with proper adab, it is a means to draw close to Allah. And what is better than His nearness?

A good post.

Jazak allah khair.

Maa salaama

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 7:55pm

Indeed a good post and good topic.  Maybe no replies until now because there has become SO MUCH to read everywhere on the forum lately!!!?

I posted this somewhere else, but it goes well here too:

"And verily, the exterior of the Qur'an is elegant and its esoteric (meaning) is deep.  Its wonders cannot be enumerated, and its marvels will not cease; and the darkness cannot be removed except by it."    (Imam 'Ali ibn Abi-Talib)

Indeed the Qur'an is a mercy from Allah, a gift beyond measure that we can open again and again, always finding new joys!   Al hamudu lilah.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
mary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 6:54am

asalamu alikum,

i like the post(s).

maybe we don't have so many responses because most of us agree?

wa salaam,

mary

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic