IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is true patriotism?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is true patriotism?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 10:23am

Nice responses but the problem here is when we talk about Patirotism we begin divulge into policy discussion-even if its just briefly. America is not made up of just policies it was actually created off ideals. That is why I am glad we have "The Declearation of Independence" unlike most countries we acknowledge that God has given all humans unalienables rights to the simple abstract truths of our existence. This is something I'm sure most humans wouldn't get in a majority Muslim dominated country. I love being American and I believe that a true patriot is not just someone who pickets and just speaks out against America or any country for that matter, but someone who believes in the ideals of that society and does whatever he/she can to change that society. The greatest patriot is someone who does not someone who sits and dreams.

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 10:50am
Assalaamualaikum

I agree with Fatima, I am loyal to my country but religion comes first.

Remembered a hadith: from Muslim:

It has been narrated on the authority of Umm Salama that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: In the near future there will be amirs and you will like their good deeds and dislike their bad deeds. One who sees through their bad deeds (and tries to prevent their repetition by his band or through his speech), is absolved from blame, but one who hates their bad deeds (in the heart of his heart, being unable to prevent their recurrence by his hand or his tongue), is (also) safe ( so far as God's wrath is concerned). But one who approves of their bad deeds and imitates them is spiritually ruined. People asked (the Holy Prophet): Shouldn't we fight against them? He replied: No, as long as they say their prayers.  (Book #020, Hadith #4569)

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Islam knowledge View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Islam knowledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 3:11pm

I agree, Allah always comes first.

Edited by Islam knowledge
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 3:38pm

I agree with Fatima as well.

fatima, did you see recently the way they came into a house and arrested 2 brothers who were completely innocent?

They also hurt another family living next door. Without any explanation, the police came in and hurt them...

I think Allah is always First!

salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

you don't have 2 think sister

Allah is The First and The Last

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

you don't have 2 think sister

Allah is The First and�The Last

And how this help this discussion?

Muslima has aready said what you are posting.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 11:07pm
When I read salman's post, I know it has to be followed by ak_m_f's post.....

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 11:12pm

I think they are twins. Good and evil twins. Who just haven't worked out which is which yet.

I will move this post to conspiracy theories if anyone wants to give input, or knows the truth...

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic