IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Email notification and warnings  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Email notification and warnings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Email notification and warnings
    Posted: 17 June 2006 at 8:50am

Bismillah,

Does anyone else care that email notification is not working and has not been for weeks? 

Sister Amah,

I just saw your warning today.  I call for your impeachment, chicita!  Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, and you are only a moderator, not an exclusive vicergerent of Allah, SWT. 

What gall!  Nobody even saw the post I made defending Angela and calling you to task because you deleted it so quickly.  Are you following me around the board censoring my posts because you disagree theologically with me or because you're angry that I won't cowtow to your heavy handed, inappropriate moderating?

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 8:56am
In Geroge W Bush's word:

BRING IT ON!
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 8:58am
I am not 100% clear on what your talking about but I would rather not receive e-mail notifications of anything.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 9:06am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

In George W Bush's word: 

[EDITED]

Please take care the board guidelines,agitating the threads is not fair in Islamicity...thanks in advance for your help.

Team of Moderators of hearts

Edited by Suleyman
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 6:06am

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

I am not 100% clear on what your talking about but I would rather not receive e-mail notifications of anything.

Salaamu Alaykum Brother Knowledge,

There is a check box on the bottom of the post dialog box which you check if you want to receive email notification to keep track of the threads to which you are contributing to.  That way, you can stay involved and not miss or forget a thread that you were communicating with others in.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 8:24am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

Salaamu Alaykum Brother Knowledge,

There is a check box on the bottom of the post dialog box which you check if you want to receive email notification to keep track of the threads to which you are contributing to.  That way, you can stay involved and not miss or forget a thread that you were communicating with others in.

JazakAllah for pointing this out to me.  I do not use this feature because I am usually able to visit the forum every day or two.  It is a good feature though.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 6:14am

Bismillah,

K-1, wa yak.

Admin -- this feature would be useful if it were to work more consistently.  It had stopped for weeks then started then stopped.  It started working last night -- July 2.  Is there something you could do to make it more reliable?

Peace

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 6:13am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

K-1, wa yak.

Admin -- this feature would be useful if it were to work more consistently.  It had stopped for weeks then started then stopped.  It started working last night -- July 2.  Is there something you could do to make it more reliable?

Peace

Bismillah,

Let me quote myself and ask that you respond, moderators:  Is there something you could do to make it more reliable?

It hasn't worked for weeks.  How time consuming is it for you to fix this feature?

Salaamu Alaykum

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic