IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New convert  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New convert

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abi-uzair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 3:33am
hehe.. henna, suleymanoglu, I said "So you guys have done good job. Allahuakbar! I'm thinking about visiting california but the Islamophobia in the United States is scary enough (to me).". I used spanish cuz I think soh444 is a chicano/a. Anyway, May Allah bless us all!!
mazallen View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 2:13am

As Salamu Alaikum,

We shouldn't take the Spanish language as a laughing matter -- everyone needs Islam.  The great Tijani Shaikh Ibrahim Niass (1900-1975, may Allah, s.w.t., be pleased with him) once said that if he had been able to speak English and French he would have brought Islam to every doorstep.  We should have the same fervor and conviction as Shaik Niass regarding the return of brothers and sisters -- of every race, creed, and language -- to their true religion (even in the present climate of Islamophobia and downright persecution of Muslims these days.)  If I have misinterpreted any of the responses  to the post in Spanish, it is because I am in the process of becoming a new Muslim, I am from California, and I do have friends who speak the Spanish language.  But subhan'allah -- only Allah (s.w.t) is perfect!

Peace  

Edited by mazallen
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 4:02pm

wealeykumselaam,
sorry mazallen.. (sister/brother)
But i just wanted to show that i didn't understand the language:)
I think it's a cultural thing, probably a Turkish understood that i didn't undersand the language that's why i just type some spanish words which are i have known...
I didn't mean any joke  :)

Of course i am agree with you about  importance of langauge.

There is a Turkish old man who is living in Japan. His name is Nimetullah Halil Ibrahim Yurt.

He is more than 70 years old mashallah. He knows neither japanese, nor english. 30 years ago he had an invitation while he was in Mecca and he decided to go to Japan to serve for his islamic davaa in Japan.

His friends told him, "you know neither english, nor japanese, how can you could serve to Islam in Japan, our brothers who know english couldn't have too much progress how can you have?"

He responded; "Hidayaat is from Allah, i can teach some duas to the new converts and i can do something for the turkish brothers&sisters who live in Japan."

In his second day, he met with a Japan brother who know arabic! Brother Nimetullah Halil Ibrahim Yurt know very well arabic! Then this japanese borther became his interpreter.

Sometimes he goes out himself and he brings some stickers which write in the telephone number and adress of the Islamic Culture Centre and he is approching to japaneses in metro, in bus. He knows just few words in Japan;
�Nihoncin ides� (Japanese people are good people),
�Nihoncin sukides� (I like japanese people.),
�Siyevasinu kotuba� (If you read this, you will be free from all your problems.),
�Do zo� (Here it's)
(�Isl�m nabay komyagit�) �I will give you an islamic name as a gift�

And when he says some of these words, he finish his "speech" with �Kul l�ilahe illallah, all problem finish!� Then he gives the one of small stickers which shows the adress and telephone number of the islamic culture centre.. He says; few days later people are calling.. :)

Mashallah, this brother has a very highly islamic education and imaan. He is in his seventies and he is working for davaa... Even not knowing english, japanese... etc..

He should be an example for all of us..

Here is his photo..
And the Turkish interview with him..
http://www.nurdamlasi.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=457&am p;PN=1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic