IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Intro & questions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intro & questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDS Patriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intro & questions
    Posted: 15 June 2006 at 10:44pm

I'm an American Latter-day Saint (Mormon) who loves his church and country. My First Principle, or maxim in all religious, political, and philosophic doctrine is, "Teach them correct principles, and allow them to govern themselves. Thus, free agency & persuasion is always superior to force & coercion."

Questions: 1) I want to discuss similarities & differences of the LDS and Islam, is that welcome, 2) is critisim/concerns of Islam welcomed, if so, what forum section can I post such critisim/concerns?
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:21pm

Greetings LDS.

Here is a guidline concerning the rules here:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4589& ;PN=1

As far as your questions, an appropriate forum might be:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=10

For the most part, it is my opinion that the admin allows some criticism of Islam in the context of learning, discussion, debate, dialogue, interfaith dialogue, etc, etc. As long as it is tasteful and has a purpose. It sounds like the link may provide you with the environment to pose your inquiries.

Peace 

Originally posted by LDS Patriot LDS Patriot wrote:

I'm an American Latter-day Saint (Mormon) who loves his church and country. My First Principle, or maxim in all religious, political, and philosophic doctrine is, "Teach them correct principles, and allow them to govern themselves. Thus, free agency & persuasion is always superior to force & coercion."

Questions: 1) I want to discuss similarities & differences of the LDS and Islam, is that welcome, 2) is critisim/concerns of Islam welcomed, if so, what forum section can I post such critisim/concerns?
A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 7:24am
Hey LDS Patriot.  I'm Mormon too.   There are a few forums started on this subject but I'll tell you.  I've been very careful about discussing our beliefs here.  There are a few evangelicals that pop in once in a while to convert the heathen and they will attack worse than any Anti at General Conference.  Just a warning.  Do a search on Mormon, Mormonism, LDS and such at the top of your screen and you'll see some of the discussions that have already happened.  Perhaps you might even correct any mistakes I've made.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Hey LDS Patriot.� I'm Mormon too. � There are a few forums started on this subject but I'll tell you.� I've been very careful about discussing our beliefs here.� There are a few evangelicals that pop in once in a while to convert the heathen and they will attack worse than any Anti at General Conference.� Just a warning.� Do a search on Mormon, Mormonism, LDS and such at the top of your screen and you'll see some of the discussions that have already happened.� Perhaps you might even correct any mistakes I've made.

what if he/she is "george" with another ID?

welcome btw.
LDS Patriot View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDS Patriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

Greetings LDS.

Here is a guidline concerning the rules here:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4589& ; ;PN=1

As far as your questions, an appropriate forum might be:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=10

For the most part, it is my opinion that the admin allows some criticism of Islam in the context of learning, discussion, debate, dialogue, interfaith dialogue, etc, etc. As long as it is tasteful and has a purpose. It sounds like the link may provide you with the environment to pose your inquiries.

Peace 

Originally posted by LDS Patriot LDS Patriot wrote:

Got it, thanks.
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDS Patriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 12:01pm

Hey LDS Patriot.  I'm Mormon too.   There are a few forums started on this subject but I'll tell you.  I've been very careful about discussing our beliefs here.  There are a few evangelicals that pop in once in a while to convert the heathen and they will attack worse than any Anti at General Conference.  Just a warning.  Do a search on Mormon, Mormonism, LDS and such at the top of your screen and you'll see some of the discussions that have already happened.  Perhaps you might even correct any mistakes I've made.

G'day, Sister!
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDS Patriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

what if he/she is "george" with another ID?

welcome btw.

No "george", that I can assure you. I've been active on many forums for years, even hosted a few, and have my own blog, but this is my first time here.

I'm just trying to learn about Islam from a believers point of view. In the last 45 days I read four neutral-to-pro books on Islam, read selected chapters of another 12+ books, visited many pro-Islamic sites, and got some questions / criticisms / concerns about Islam and I've come here to get the believers take on things.
B.H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 8:30pm
What is an "anti" in the Latter Day Saint church?  It is a term used in the Church of Christ (non-Mormon Campbellite) for people who think Sunday School is a sin, supporting orphan homes out of the church treasury is a sin, and a few other quirky ideas not mentioned.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic