IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ......  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 11:22am

Salam,

The following is a nice artikel regarding istikhara including the do'a in arabic and the translation according the above hadith:

http://islam.about.com/blistikhara.htm

Salat-l-Istikhara
This "prayer for guidance" is often used to help in important decision-making

Anytime a Muslim is making a decision, he or she should seek Allah's guidance and wisdom.  Allah alone knows what is best for us, and there may be good in what we perceive as bad, and bad in what we perceive as good.

If you are ambivalent or unsure about a decision you have to make, there is a specific prayer for guidance (Salat-l-Istikhara) that you can do to ask for Allah's help in making your decision.  Should you marry this certain person?  Should you attend this graduate school?  Should you take this job offer or that one?  Allah knows what is best for you, and if you are not sure about a choice that you have, seek His guidance.

The Prophet Muhammad said, "If one of you is concerned about some practical undertaking, or about making plans for a journey, he should perform two cycles (rak'atain) of voluntary prayer."  Then he/she should say the following du'a:

Arabic:

Translation:

Oh Allah! I seek Your guidance by virtue of Your knowledge, and I seek ability by virtue of Your power, and I ask You of Your great bounty.  You have power; I have none.  And You know; I know not.  You are the Knower of hidden things.

Oh Allah!  If in Your knowledge, (this matter*) is good for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs, immediate and in the future, then ordain it for me, make it easy for me, and bless it for me.  And if in Your knowledge, (this matter*) is bad for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs, immediate and in the future, then turn it away from me, and turn me away from it.  And ordain for me the good wherever it may be, and make me content with it.

Transliteration:

Allahumma inni astakheeroka bi ilmik.  Wa'astaq-diroka biqodratik.  Wa'as'aloka min fadlikal-azeem.  Fa'innaka taqdiru wala aqdir.  Wata lamo wala-a lam.  Wa'anta-allamul ghuyoob.

Allahumma in kunta ta lamu anna (hathal-amra*) khayul-lee fi deenee wama ashi wa ajila amri wa'ajilah, faqdorho lee, wayassirho lee, thomma-barik lee fih.  Wa'in konta ta lamo anna (hathal-amra*) sharrul-lee fi deenee.  Wama ashi.  Wa ajila amri.  Wa'ajilaho.  Fasrifho annee.  Wasrifnee anh.  Waqdur leyal-khayr haytho kan.  Thomma ardini bih.

* When making the du'a, the actual matter or decision should be mentioned instead of the words "hathal-amra" ("this matter").

* After doing salat-l-istikhara, you may feel more inclined toward a decision one way or the other.

* For more detail on performing the prayer, please see:  Islam Q&A

Edited by Administrator
nadir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2005 at 6:40am

Assalaamu Alaikum

Dear Semar,

It occurred to me that I have neglected to thank you for helping me.

Do you remember the private message you sent me? Well my heart very much appreciated that you thought of me, Hence I would like to show my gratitude & thank you�..

��.for being you.

I know this may sound a bit soppy but it doesn�t bother me what others may think, I know my reality, & I know if you met me you may be surprised (due to the perception my words, without my physical presence, create), I�m a bit of a �b-boy� (to use the �street terminology�) really, & I certainly don�t speak as posh as I write.

I don�t intend that to mean � �bad-boy� (as in a rebel against Allah [SWT]), rather, a rebel against corrupt, selfishness.

Wasalaam

nadir

Alhamdulilah

blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2005 at 7:00am

Originally posted by nadir nadir wrote:

I�m a bit of a �b-boy� (to use the �street terminology�)

What a coicidence. I taught a class a the History of Hip-Hop Culture one week ago. I am teaching a class on the History and Culture of B-Boys in one week.

Edited by blond
IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 4:46am

Edited by IslamicGirl
bissmillah.. View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bissmillah.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 4:33am
Originally posted by iman iman wrote:

salam islamic girl.

yes jallilah Allah hates divorse.

like i said allah does'nt hate divorce allah said divorce is the most dislike practice but if the married couple does'nt find any other means for peace in their relationship and divorce is an alternative and allah the all knowing, see's all that you do anything you conceil or before you act on an act allah knows that too. what I'm trying to say' think before anyone leaps into divorce so please read through my post again...assalamulaikum

jalillah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jalillah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 4:58am
Originally posted by jalillah jalillah wrote:

no ..thats not true allah doesn't hate divorce he created it.. they are only a resort to a disharmony relationship and not a tool when one feels they can no longer handle the situation, if your husband's preys thats a good thing even if he does'nt... its his grave or his blessing not yours but the point iam trying to make here sister is that for whatever reason dont go down to the same level as those who dont care weather they live or die you must have a home of your on in your heart where you could actually go into every now and then where nothing else matter but your duty as the usual. If your husband keeps up the way he is liked you've mention.. then one day... god will open his flood of mercy to you.. and he will grant you pleasure u aquired.. it all depends on how god sees fit.. and if you really are  the person you say you are.... then your husband will miss out on you in this life and the here after.. does this sounds fair to you??
Last but not least ISTIKHA...like the other ladies mentioned earlier....
May Allah Bless those who seek the truth......Allah Stands Alone in truth..
nadir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 6:26am

Assalaamu Alaikum

Islamicgirl

I truly hope that you are able to resolve your current dilemma (if you have not already done so), if you will please allow me, I would like to conclude (from a male perspective) the advice I have offered in this thread�..

I initially mentioned offering Salah/Du�a before partaking in the act of making Love, so that I might help distinguish between - senseless lust, & Meaningful Love.

From my own perspective, I have been blessed (by Allah�s leave, Glorified is He) with insight to perceive (although not always), when an action is motivated by �selfish desire�, or by �boundless compassion�. Hence (as I live in, & am exposed to Kufr ways) I created invisible (spiritual) barriers to protect my chastity, from the manipulation of other people�s - selfish desire.

It was with this spiritual issue in mind/heart, that I offered the advice I did. My own circumstances dictate that I need to seek/make such a distinction, so as not to feel as though I would be partaking in something �indecently lewd�. Hey, that�s not to say this advice is compulsory, rather a means to overcome an initial hurdle.

I obviously cannot speak for your husband, as I do not know the motivation behind his actions (or lack of them), maybe his problem is not spiritual (as my own problem illustrated above, & hence my advice would be fruitless), maybe it is a physical problem where Istikharah would be insufficient.

I do not know if you are aware of the �Accusation� that was levelled at Aisha (RA)? The Prophet (SAW) as always, led by example when dealing with the accusation. Rather than blindly following the false realities created by the accusers (initially he [SAW] was unaware of the truthfulness of the accusation), he (SAW) instead awaited Divine Intervention (the Truth).

Hence with this in mind/heart, my advice is that you refrain from creating a false reality with regards to what the problem is. Instead I advise, that you have a duty to Allah (SWT), & to your husband, to try your best to induce an explanation from him (& be open to whatever that explanation might be). Just as your husband, has a duty to Allah (SWT), to be honest & caring with you, by discussing the issue.

Insha Allah

nadir

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic