IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ......  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 12:48am

Edited by IslamicGirl
IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 1:01am

Edited by IslamicGirl
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 1:10am

Edited by IslamicGirl
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 2:00am

Originally posted by IslamicGirl IslamicGirl wrote:

source:  http://www.understanding-islam.com/rs/s-039.htm

according to the website as above, Istekhara is not neccessary and not compulsury in Islam (according to the Qur'an), that's what I read on the article.

Also, if you go to http://www.islamicity.com/quransearch/ & type in Istekhara, there's no record that matches the criterea.  Maybe it's a recommended thing, not obligated in Islam.

Anyone oppose?

For searching arabic term, we need to try different spelling because sometimes people spell it differently. On islamicity hadith search the spelling is istikhara (not istekhara) the result is bellow. In case you have not red nausheen post reagrading istikhara, here the link:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=116& PN=2

Hadith Search For: istikhara -

arrowg.gif 163 bytes009.093.487 - ONENESS, UNIQUENESS OF ALLAH (TAWHEED) - - - -

Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah

As-Salami: Allah's Apostle used to teach his companions to perform theprayer of istikhara for each and every matter just as he used to teachthem the Suras from the Quran He used to say, "If anyone of you intends to do some thing, he should offer a two rakat prayer other than the compulsory prayers, and after finishing it, he should say: O Allah! I consult You, for You have all knowledge, and appeal to You tosupport me with Your Power and ask for Your Bounty, for You are able to do things while I am not, and You know while I do not; and You are the Knower of the Unseen. O Allah If You know It this matter (name your matter) is good for me both at present and in the future, (or in my religion), in my this life and in the Hereafter, then fulfill it for me and make it easy for me, and then bestow Your Blessings on me in that matter. O Allah! If You know that this matter is not good for me in my religion, in my this life and in my coming Hereafter (or at present or in the future), then divert me from it and choose for me what is good wherever it may be, and make me be pleased with it." (SeeHadith No. 391, Vol. 8)

arrowg.gif 163 bytes008.075.391 - Invocations - - - -

Narrated Jabir

The Prophet used to teach us the istikhara for each and every matter as he used to teach us the Suras from the Holy Qur'an. (He used to say), "If anyone of you intends to do something, he should offer a two-Rak'at prayer other than the obligatory prayer, and then say: 'Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi'ilmika, wa astaqdiruka biqudratika, wa as'aluka min fadlika-l-'azim, fa innaka taqdiru wala aqdiru, wa ta'lamu wala a'lamu, wa anta'allamu-l-ghuyub. Allahumma in kunta ta'lamu anna hadha-lamra khairun li fi dini wa ma'ashi wa 'aqibati amri (or said, fi 'ajili amri wa ajilihi) fa-qdurhu li, Wa in Kunta ta'lamu anna ha-dha-l-amra sharrun li fi dini wa ma'ashi wa 'aqibati amri (or said, fi ajili amri wa ajilihi) fasrifhu 'anni was-rifni 'anhu wa aqdur li alkhaira haithu kana, thumma Raddani bihi," Then he should mention his matter (need).

arrowg.gif 163 bytes002.021.263 - Prayer at Night (Tahajjud) - - - -

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) used to teach us the way of doing istikhara (istikhara means to ask Allah to guide one to the right sort of actionconcerning any job or a deed), in all matters as he taught us the Suras of the Quran. He said, "If anyone of you thinks of doing any jobhe should offer a two Rakat prayer other than the compulsory ones and say (after the prayer): -- 'Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi'ilmika, Wa astaqdiruka bi-qudratika, Wa as'alaka min fadlika al-'azlm Fa-innaka taqdiru Wala aqdiru, Wa ta'lamu Wala a'lamu, Wa anta 'allamu l-ghuyub.Allahumma, in kunta ta'lam anna hadha-l-amra Khairun li fi dini wa ma'ashi wa'aqibati amri (or 'ajili amri wa'ajilihi) Faqdirhu wa yas-sirhu li thumma barik li Fihi, Wa in kunta ta'lamu anna hadha-lamra shar-run li fi dini wa ma'ashi wa'aqibati amri (or fi'ajili amri wa ajilihi) Fasrifhu anni was-rifni anhu. Waqdir li al-khaira haithu kana Thumma ardini bihi.' (O Allah! I ask guidance from Your knowledge, And Power from Your Might and I ask for Your great blessings. You are capable and I am not. You know and I do not and You know the unseen. O Allah! If You know that this job is good for my religion and my subsistence and in my Hereafter--(or said: If it is better for my present and later needs)--Then You ordain it for me and make it easy for me to get, And then bless me in it, and if Youknow that this job is harmful to me In my religion and subsistence andin the Hereafter--(or said: If it is worse for my present and later needs)--Then keep it away from me and let me be away from it. And ordain for me whatever is good for me, And make me satisfied with it).The Prophet added that then the person should name (mention) his need.

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 5:14am

Islamic girl,

No, dear, I was not implying anything at all!  You posted you wanted to know what Iman's story was and I simply showed you where to find it, that's all!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 5:35am

Edited by IslamicGirl
iman View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 6:52am

salams islamicgirl. do not go back to his house unless they ask u to. bcose if they are not doing anthgn right now to save their sons marriege they wont do anthgn later when u go back. ''they will think she came so she is expting him like this so no need to do anythgn''

this is wat i think maybe im wronge. u know the people better. but i say alhamdulilah u dont have kids it makes it easy for u believe me. i think if ur marriege its not good from now wat would u expect later??

khair inshallah keep in touch.iman

nadir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 10:07am

Assalaamu Alaikum 

�If you can live with your present situations, u will have to make compromises, and if you choose to get out of here, only the set of compromises will change.

This life is yours, so the decision should also be yours. Choose the best.�

Nausheen, the above words (& Islamicgirl�s thread) lead me to ponder upon the relationship between compromise & Love, if I may politely share the result with those in this thread:

Preceding compromise is pride.

Allah (SWT) is Most Merciful. Although only if we honour our commitment to Him, will He Reward us (with what He knows to be best for us) in this Life, & in the Here-After.

Predestination dictates that, the only compromise is to Allah (SWT), & not to your marital partner, as they are also bound by Allah�s decree (submission to Him, or failure at some point in time). Hence if both marital partners submit to Allah (SWT), compromise doesn�t exist between them.

Another way of saying the above:

Our own (individual) interpretation of success is illusory, because success is not loneliness.

Allah (SWT) knows us better than we know our own selves, hence I can think of no better Trustee, to place my trust than He. Muhammad (SAW) is His Last Messenger, & what an excellent guide indeed.  

The compromise is, the �individual psyche� releasing itself from the false perception/reality that is hindering it, from been open to Allah�s Blessing. If you have to make a compromise it is not Love, as compromise suggests that you have to give something up that is more enjoyable & dear, than what you �personally posses� � Love is - enjoyable, dear.

Allah (SWT) has allowed false perceptions/realities to accumulate, so that when we repent to Him, & turn perceptions into reality, we may acquire different knowledge (via our uniqueness). This has the effect of presenting the gift of (excitement/curiosity at) the chance to get to know each other. Love is beyond getting to know each other.

Love is the process of an entity giving and another receiving, an act of pure intention & wisdom, dedicated to guiding the participating beings to success (submission to Allah�s Law � Islam), in this world & the Here-After. Need I say, Love exists in varying degrees of, intimacy.

Alhamdulilah

Guess I�ve gone & jumped in at the deep end with this post!!!!!

What can I say, it just is. 

Allah knows, I know not.      

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic