IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Political Diatribe  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Political Diatribe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 8:35am
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Hi Anglea:  

Greetings to you.

Angela: "If I posted a tribute to one of the butchers of Fallujah who might be killed in action, it would be deleted and I would be banned."

The topic starter of that thread in question had been banned. If you recall, he was allowed only after many apologies that he would behave well in the future. I have warned him many times in public, and also in private. Other moderators too have warned him in different ways, both public and private. I had also warned AbRah in public, de facto, all my warnings to him were in public. Rules are same for everyone, and there is no double standard here. That doesn't mean that we can't make mistakes as we are all human beings. But, we improve with each day by the grace of Allah.

There is no need to use the term "militant Islam" because Islam is peace and submission to Allah. I have also answered in that thread that killing innocent civilians anywhere under any circumstances is not allowed in Islam. Period. I hope that is clear.

Your Islam may not allow it, the True Islam may not allow it, but there are those who argue this case with you and have Scholars that argue with you on this.  I was watching an episode last night on the Discovery Times channel about Nuclear weapons in the Mid-East.  Did you know there was actually ONE scholar who issued a Fatwa that said it was okay to use Nuclear weapons on a large American city by OBL?  There is a very real problem right now in that the Ummah are not the only ones claiming the banner of Islam.  Just like the IRA claim to be fighting for the entirety of the Irish and the Irish Catholics and they are not.  There are men out there who say they are Muslim, who have Scholars backing up their "Jihad."  So how do I distiguish those men from the IRA????  There are too many organizations to just say, Al-Qaida.  Truth is there is no central organization whether or not my government would like to say there is.....

Here is a link to a list of known terrorist cells.  There are many on here that are NOT Muslim, but there are a WHOLE LOT that are claiming to be Muslims. I'm going to list just a few. 

http://www.ict.org.il/organizations/org_frame.htm

Al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya
Ansar Al-Islam
Harakat ul-Mujahedin
Jihad Group
Martyrs of al-Aqsa
Moro Islamic Liberation Front
Palestinian Islamic Jihad

So, what do we call groups that fall into this catagory of Terrorists.  They aren't Irish terrorists or Columbian Terrorists.  They hail from all over so they can't be called Afghani or Saudi Terrorists.  With groups in the Phillipines, Indonesia and South East Asia, they can't be Middle Eastern Terrorists or Arab Terrorists.....so what are they?  They are a breakaway group from the main body of the religion.  Heretics, Hypocrits, Heterodoxical, NonTraditional, Non Mainstream, dare I say Cults?  This is my problem with not being able to say Fundamentalist, Militant, Radical...etc.  I want to separate them from the main body of the Ummah, but I still need to define them for what they are...self proclaimed Islamic Jihadists. 

And frankly, when a tribute goes up to him on an islamic board and the reason the thread was closed wasn't the article but the fact that Colin, Salman and myself got into a childish bickering match over being "Warned" that God would be angry with us over calling Zarqawi a murder.  What am I supposed to think??????

Angela: "I'm very upset with the Moderators.  Why?  Because I know you all, save Anadalus."

You had problem with Brother Andalus, and that was peacefully resolved. Sister Mishmish and I both had asked Brother Andalus not to start a topic on Mormonism, and he complied with our request. Now he is moderator, and I don't see if there has been any problem between you and him since then. Why to bring him in this complaint in the first place?

Actually all, I meant by that is I know you, Amah, and Mishmish better than I do Anadalus.  I really haven't had a chance to interact with him except that one occasion.  I did not mean he would be a bad moderator.  I just don't know him as well. 

Sister Angela, we think that you are here to sincerely learn about Islam, and hope that you would continue to do so. Things always don't happen as we wish, but we still keep moving towards our goal, as that is part of our faith.

Peace

Brother, I sincerely want to expand my knowledge of Islam, its very difficult when I see hatred all over this board of the very country who's laws protect this board's existence.  Its hard when instead of focusing on improving relations with each other and ones understanding and faith in God, I login and see 10-15 posts that are Political Anti-west diatribe.  I'm here for religious learning.  Not to be told something I already know. That my country had flaws, just like every other nations. I have faith now that the complaints have been made that the moderators will bring us back to a welcomed discussion and they will move threads from the General area to Politics where they belong if they are about the US.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 8:42am

Allow to say that I understand both sides of the coin here. Angela I agree that the moderators do the best they can. I equate them with politicians. We all know that politicians ideally are to serve the best interest of the people however even when coming into office everyones needs may never get met. Not saying that the moderators do not meet the needs of the people in the sense of being the "forum police" they do the best they can in censoring people. BTW Angela in the Announcement section (if you haven't noticed) they did post the names of people that were banned.

On the flip side of it I do see Angela's point here. There is continuous postings of the negative image of the United States. There is a double standard (indirectly if you would say) that there is the allowance of the dislike and hatred towards the United States. I can say that even one of you moderators had posted articles about the United States military killing people. I probably shouldn't say this but in a similar comment Angela to brother Rami and I asked him why the allowance and acceptance of postings against the United States and he told me: "Because the United States is the number one aggressor in the world." Although he is right I still think in my opinion that that is crap and a double standard. We Muslims have so many negative images already why continue the cycle by allowing members to talk freely about America and yes I agree with Angela why live in India but talk crap about the tax system and call it "global injustice!?"

So yes I agree and see Angela frustration because I too as an American and as a member on the forum. On this forum there is no such thing as "freedom of speech" the moment you make rules for anything freedom is out the door. I think what we need here are discussion about the wars and such but dialogue should not shift to how bad America is. For any Muslim inAmerica who dislikes America its hypocritical when they live here and send they kids to the institutions here in my opinion but this is going off topic....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic