IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jailed US Soldier refused to turn back  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jailed US Soldier refused to turn back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 11:13am

You know, it's not even a question of EARNING the right. This is still the United States of America, where we still have the right to say what we want. At least for now.

If I want to say that I do not agree with the war in Iraq, I can still say that in this country, at least for now.

I am not complaining about growing up in the military, I am stating it like it was. There were many benefits also. We traveled all over. The military schools were far superior. When I finally had to go to a public school in Junior High I was years ahead of the other students. We lived in an environment where there was no segregation. This was extemely important, as the average neighborhood in the 60's and 70's were not extremely racially mixed. Our neighbors were from everywhere. I have never known what it is like to not be around diversity. But there were parts that were extraordinarily difficult, especially for children who, as Brother Israfil said, had no choice in the matter, yet were known by what our dad did.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 1:18pm

Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Ops, I challenge you to find one post where I have called soldiers murderous thugs or brainwashed.

Mishmish if I have you confused you with someone else than I apoligize but I still don't feel you SHOULD (because you do have the right thanks to soldiers) critize those at war when you yourself has not been. Say what you want about the Administration but these soldiers don't have a choice of being there or not. It's make me sick when people stand up for cowards who run from thier service when they enlisted voluntarily. Now that they have decided to run they put someone else in harms way whether it's someone else who has to go in thier place or just be a man short in the unit. What makes these cowards lives more important than the next? Why should they not have to go yet so many others do? These people should know that when they enlist they may have to do things they don't want to and if they can't handle that then don't sign up, once you do, shut your mouth and follow lawful orders!!!

Herijhad, not that I care what you think but maybe you should get someones name right if you are asking them to be nice to others. Mishmish seems to be able to handle her own so if you don't like what I say then don't read it.

Edited by ops154
Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 1:20pm
They may not have the choice of where they are, but they have the choice of how they will behave once they are there. We always have a choice.
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by ops154 ops154 wrote:

so if you don't like what I say then don't read it.

same goes for you, If you dont like BS posted about Marines then dont read it....

Edited by ak_m_f
ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

same goes for you, If you dont like BS posted about Marines then dont read it....

you never know I may just take that advise, i'm sure many on here would enjoy that.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 7:10pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

you never know I may just take that advise, i'm sure many on here would enjoy that.

Ops you can make it Salman's birthday present   

Edited by ak_m_f
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic