IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus Christ did not die for our sins.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus Christ did not die for our sins.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 35>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

What has Psalms to do with the question I asked? This is the passage I asked about?

Jesus was quoting Psalm 22 when he was on the cross.

Matthew 27:46 About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"�which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Who is the father?  Who is My God?

I answered that one.  Jesus is calling out to the Father.  As a human God was Jesus' God.

Annie

14If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 12:28pm

"As a human God was Jesus' God"

So, Jesus wasn't God?

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 5:24am

A note for everyone:

Pslams 22 starts when David complains in great discouragement. This great discouragement is shown in 22:1-9 and after that David prays in great Distress. This great distress is shown in 22:10-22. Then comes Gratitude to God and this is shown in 22:23-32.

From Annie: "Jesus was quoting Psalm 22 when he was on the cross."

He was not quoting Psalm 22 at all and he did not have the Psalm or David in his mind. It was the excruciating pain and torture that was killing him and he felt as if God had abandoned him. 

He wanted to be saved but there was no sign of help from God. He felt let down by God and uttered that in sadness, despair and desperation, which is shown by the gospel writers.

It was a human cry calling Almighty God for help and rescue.  

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 7:27am

Jesus is one of the three entities of the triune Godhead, as has been explained numerous times here.  Jesus cried out on the cross in his human form....as any human would have done in similar circumstances.  And Jesus' death on the cross was MUCH MORE than just a physical death.

Jesus was forsaken on the cross because God in His nuclear reactor of holiness could not bear to look upon the sin that Jesus had taken into His flesh. In some mysterious way, without destroying the unity of the Trinity, at that moment a chasm occurred in the very nature of God as He found a way to do the unthinkable and deal with sin that simply could not exist within His nature.

As I have already said, Jesus' early death on the cross is a big clue that something else was going on than merely the physical death of the cross - the fact that Jesus was hanging on a cross was not the key issue - multitudes of people hung on crosses. No, the key event on the cross was Christ propitiating the wrath of God and experiencing all the torments of hell as He hung there in the dark, deserted by His God and bearing the full brunt of all the righteous hatred of God for sin.

Some would say "But where is the love of God?" I would reply it is precisely because of the love of God that He hates the cancer of sin so much. Sin destroys all that God made to be so precious. In fact, the Bible is clear that the most loving act ever committed was the death of Jesus for us.

John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends."

1 John 3:16 "By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us."

1 Corinthians 5:8-9 "God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God."

God's Peace!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:24pm

How could he be deserted by his God if he was God?

If Jesus was God, incarnate, then who was HIS God?

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 2:03pm

I am so sorry, Mishmish, you are unable to grasp the concept of the Holy Trinity, and I am doing such a poor job of trying to explain it to you.  The only way I can say it is that there are three different, and completely separate, "entities" who make up the Triune Godhead.  God "separated" himself from Jesus as Jesus was dying on the cross, because Jesus took on the sins of the world, the sins of every human being, upon himself....something God could not do.  Jesus took our sins and descended into the "under world" or Hell.  God is the Father, He is Jesus' Heavenly Father.  Yet, these three entities, the Holy Spirit included when speaking of the Trinity, form the Triune Godhead.  You have to understand the Trinity to understand anything else in Christianity.   It is a difficult concept to understand if you are not receptive to the many mysteries of God. 

(I hope I haven't confused you even more.)

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 2:53pm

"As a human God was Jesus' God"

So, Jesus wasn't God?

No.  Try to think of it this way, Mishmish.  God tabernacled in the Temple.  In the same way, God tabernacled in the human body of Jesus.

The God Christians worship is the God who tabernacled in the Temple and in the human body of Messiah Jesus.  The Jews worshipped the God who tabernacled in the Temple.  It is the same God.

Jesus said that something greater than Solomon, something greater than Noah, something greater than the Temple is here.  What is greater than the Temple, but God Himself?

Annie

Edited by AnnieTwo
14If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4

AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

A note for everyone:

Pslams 22 starts when David complains in great discouragement. This great discouragement is shown in 22:1-9 and after that David prays in great Distress. This great distress is shown in 22:10-22. Then comes Gratitude to God and this is shown in 22:23-32.

From Annie: "Jesus was quoting Psalm 22 when he was on the cross."

He was not quoting Psalm 22 at all and he did not have the Psalm or David in his mind. It was the excruciating pain and torture that was killing him and he felt as if God had abandoned him. 

He wanted to be saved but there was no sign of help from God. He felt let down by God and uttered that in sadness, despair and desperation, which is shown by the gospel writers.

<>It was a human cry calling Almighty God for help and rescue. 

You are wrong.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 35>
  Share Topic