IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus Christ did not die for our sins.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus Christ did not die for our sins.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 333435
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 12:46pm

Hey Patty,

Good to see you post again.

I like what you said about Jesus hanging out with the "sinners." In a way Jesus was about being with the poor and oppressed.. You know about Maryknoll? They are some of the people I most respect in Catholicism. 

I think that in a way people want to ignore this aspect of what Jesus said. To truly love and care for those on the "edge" is something really special that Jesus did. Those that people have forgotten are not forgotten by God.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 5:59pm

Hello Hayfa!  Good to hear from you too.  I am quite familiar with the Maryknoll....they are fantastic!  And yes, Jesus was the one who taught us to love everyone....even those who many of us would shun as being "unworthy" of our attention or respect.  Very sad.  When I am tempted to say something, or do something unkind, the words of Jesus come back to me where he said, "whatever you do to the least of these, you have done it also to me."  Makes you think before you speak, doesn't it?

God's Peace,

Patty

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2006 at 11:19am

I think it is the one of the most profound aspect of the message of Jesus..  It impacted by life tremendously as this was the aspect that were emphasized as we were raised.

I think that is one of the saddest aspect to the world we live in.. that we have become so focused on acculmulating matieral goods that we have lost the spiritual. All that junk you cannot take with you.. you'd think we'd realize that from the Egyptians who tried to take all that gold and items with them.. and they were still here 1000 years later.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 5:39pm

Yes, Hayfa, I totally agree with you.  I remember the Bible verse which goes, "what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul."

God's Peace,

Patty

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 333435
  Share Topic