IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus Christ did not die for our sins.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus Christ did not die for our sins.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 32333435>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Originally posted by AnnieTwo AnnieTwo wrote:

Dear Angela, I am on a roll.  I disagree with you too.

I do agree with you that "people" have no right to say who will be saved and that is up to God, but I believe that Jesus taught that it was only through him that anyone can be saved.  I think he made that quite clear.  And he made it quite clear what we were supposed to do, follow him, obey him, etc.

Annie

And that is your right to disagree.  I base my belief not on scripture written by the hand of men (inspired or not) but on a basic common sense.  There has to be another path to Heaven or else millions who lived and died before Christ, after Christ and now who do not hear the word will parish with no hope.  There has to be more than just Christ.  I cannot believe that 4 billions of the worlds inhabitants will perish in eternal fire.  God is loving and we are all his children.  The "Our Way is the Only Way" is what drove me away from religion in the first place.

[/QUOTE]

And I base my opinion on Scripture and not on "common sense."  Common sense is really man's common sense.  That does not mean it is God's view.

The righteous people who died before Messiah Jesus were saved by Messiah Jesus.

God has to have some sort of a plan for those who have never heard of Jesus, but those are getting fewer and fewer.

If someone rejects God's salvation after understanding it, then it is at their own peril

Angela, it is not up to you to decide, it is only up to God.  He has provided the way.

Annie
14If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 12:54pm

I do agree with you that "people" have no right to say who will be saved and that is up to God, but I believe that Jesus taught that it was only through him that anyone can be saved.  I think he made that quite clear.  And he made it quite clear what we were supposed to do, follow him, obey him, etc.

Annie
[/QUOTE]

And that is your right to disagree.  I base my belief not on scripture written by the hand of men (inspired or not) but on a basic common sense.  There has to be another path to Heaven or else millions who lived and died before Christ, after Christ and now who do not hear the word will parish with no hope.  There has to be more than just Christ.  I cannot believe that 4 billions of the worlds inhabitants will perish in eternal fire.  God is loving and we are all his children.  The "Our Way is the Only Way" is what drove me away from religion in the first place.

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 12:38pm
Matt. 12:31 And so I tell you, every human sin and blasphemy will be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
Matt. 12:32 And anyone who says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but no one who speaks against the Holy Spirit will be forgiven either in this world or in the next.
Matt. 12:33 � �Make a tree sound and its fruit will be sound; make a tree rotten and its fruit will be rotten. For the tree can be told by its fruit.
Matt. 12:34 You brood of vipers, how can your speech be good when you are evil? For words flow out of what fills the heart.
Matt. 12:35 Good people draw good things from their store of goodness; bad people draw bad things from their store of badness.

# # #
Luke 12:10 � �Everyone who says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven, but no one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will be forgiven.
Luke 6:43 � �There is no sound tree that produces rotten fruit, nor again a rotten tree that produces sound fruit.
Luke 6:44 Every tree can be told by its own fruit: people do not pick figs from thorns, nor gather grapes from brambles.
Luke 6:45 Good people draw what is good from the store of goodness in their hearts; bad people draw what is bad from the store of badness. For the words of the mouth flow out of what fills the heart.
# # #

Mark 3:28 � �In truth I tell you, all human sins will be forgiven, and all the blasphemies ever uttered;
Mark 3:29 but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin.�

Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

But what do you do when people deny that Jesus died much less rose from the dead?  What will God do?

Jesus said disbelief in the Son could be forgiven as long as people cleave to the Will of God (the Holy Spirit).  I think most good Muslims probably satisfy this requirement.

EXACTLY!  People spend too much time saying this or that group are going to Hell for disbelief.  Its all up to God whom he decides is worthy of heaven and who isn't.

Annie
14If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4

AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 11:53am

But what do you do when people deny that Jesus died much less rose from the dead?  What will God do?

Jesus said disbelief in the Son could be forgiven as long as people cleave to the Will of God (the Holy Spirit).  I think most good Muslims probably satisfy this requirement.

Please quote the Scripture because I disagree.

Annie

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 11:18am

EXACTLY!  People spend too much time saying this or that group are going to Hell for disbelief.  Its all up to God whom he decides is worthy of heaven and who isn't.

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 11:12am

Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 8:54am

The Jews at that time no longer believed in an afterlife. 

By dying and then coming back from the dead, Jesus proved that an afterlife exists.

David, that is the only proof we have.  The risen Jesus is proof that we too will rise someday.  But what do you do when people deny that Jesus died much less rose from the dead?  What will God do?

Annie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 32333435>
  Share Topic