IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus Christ did not die for our sins.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus Christ did not die for our sins.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 35>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 9:05am

Hold fast to the rope of Allah, and be not divided

Edited by Hanan
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 2:18am

Andalus,

Wow! You turned out to be over-literate! At least you and I have the Study & Analysis of Scriptures, Physics & Mathematics in common!  

Salaams

BMZ

Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

I am not sure you can dismiss people with valid points due to immaturity or lack of education. I myself have graduate work in physics, with a four year background in physics and mathematics along with critical thinking and some philosophy, and a two year degree in biology, and I am currently working on upper level work in the medical field along with courses in Islam. I am in my early 30s, and I have also studied your "OT" to a great extent and even studied it at a synagogue in my teens during my exploration of my Jewish roots. I assure you that the Jews have a theology nearly the same as that of Islam, and they have derived it from the "OT".

I had thought about the priesthood years ago, explored the Catholic church, studying with a priest for over a year, attended evangelical churches, Methodist churches, Baptist, etc.

wow!

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by ChristianLady ChristianLady wrote:

Angela is christian, she mormon SORRY I do not consider MORMONS OR JEHOVAH WITNESSES CHRISTIAN. And neither do thousands of Evangelical christian churches. Mormons believe Jesus is the brother of SATAN. Sorry that is not my kind of church.

Now I am really out of here lol

So you are from the evangelical church??

Why didn't you say Catholic / the Vatican, or Protestant or Lutheran churches ??  

As for what the mormons believe i have to check that, it sounds wrong.

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by ChristianLady ChristianLady wrote:

I am going to place ONE more comment

fine, but I'm sure you're reading all this so i will make some comments

Since you think I am christian or claiming to be one - will stick with that concept, a Catholic to, just to clarify which group 

Quote Angel unless you are BORN AGAIN you will never see heaven according to JESUS own words. READ JOHN 3 and if you are NOT born again you are NOT a christian.

First what makes you think I am not born again ?

Second, who are you to tell me otherwise????

Third, I take offence to that, I have not stated that you are not Christian have I??

Quote I do not care how many times you claim to be a christian. Jesus said you must be born again.

See above.

Quote Just because you claim to be one does not make you one.

you know that's true of anyone, including you! 

Quote MANY people in todays world are claiming to be christians and they are NOT.

well yes, that can be true, didn't i mentioned that somewhere else here of late to your count of 2.6 billion christians in the world ?? 

Quote They have no clue to what a true born again christian is.

And you do, do you?

It does make me wonder what you understand about "being born again" is and what is a christian.

Quote They use the label christian and go out and sleep with others, lie, cheat, all the same things they did before they claimed christianity. A christian cannot do those things and still claim to be CHRISTIAN.

IS that what you think I am, do all that, ??

May I remind you that YOU DO NOT KNOW ME!!

Quote A christian is one CHANGED from the inside out and they do not do what they use to do.

Again, who are you to say that is not about me or that i do not feel that?

Quote Now as far as I NEVER said anything about anyone on here becoming a christian as far as I am concerned you can do what you want. It is you're soul NOT mine that will find out in the end. I know I am on the right path and I know christianity is the truth and if that sounds proud then so be it because to me it sounds proud what you muslims do also claiming islam is the only way. That if I do not become muslim then I will go to hell fire. Well the same way you feel about you're religion is how I feel about mine.

No one's here converting anyone, we are simply talking and discussing, questionng and pointing out stuff, Lady if you cannnot handle that and have a proper discussion, then maybe your faith isn't as strong as you claim it to be,or perhaps that you are TOO pround that you are blinded by it.

I have pointed out stuff and some facts but you seemed to think I am attacking or trying to convert you, NO I am not, there is some things that do not compute properly.

I have not personally attacked you but you have come out with saying this and that about people and you are also dodging some important things to, like some of the things I brought across dealing with the KJ bible and that some scholars DO NOT use it in their excelsis degrees - I am not sure what is wrong with that ? - another thing you dodge is the concept of what a christian is? _ what is wrong with that? - another you were given a verse about Muhammed/Amed issue that israfil gave again - nothing from you or to clarifying it?  And you came here to learn  

I am finding that you seemed to be threaten by what some of us here are contributing and criticing, why?  

You came to have a discussion and share your knowledge of faith, fine. We aren't st**id about Christianity, that has been in talkings since this forum has started and the almost 5 years of me being here. There have been many christians who have come and gone and shared their stuff, SO don't sit there and tell us that we do not know anything about the bible or Christianity,& that some of us are not christian when you have no iota of the person/s. Are we doing that to you?? NO!

Finally, your post to me, spoken like a true evanligical , attack the person and say to them they are going to hell and run but cannot attack the information at hand or discuss.

I or anyone here has no problem with you or you as a born again christian but you seem to have a problem with us, including Christians.

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 9:30am

Just because you claim to be one does not make you one.

And are you also claiming you are one, it certainly does not make you one. Why is your claim acceptable and not Angel's?  

"MANY people in todays world are claiming to be christians and they are NOT. They have no clue to what a true born again christian is. They use the label christian and go out and sleep with others, lie, cheat, all the same things they did before they claimed christianity. A christian cannot do those things and still claim to be CHRISTIAN. A christian is one CHANGED from the inside out and they do not do what they use to do."

Well then there are very few Christians then as you could not then include Catholics, people who have cheated lied, slept around etc.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 8:58am

Hold fast to the rope of Allah, and be not divided

Edited by Hanan
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 6:26am

Not so fast, Lady!

Cross reference is necessary to you because people other than Jesus spoke a lot. See, you have a problem with the Bible. Read carefully what the Jewish Scripture has to say and then read how that was re-written to fit in Jesus. This problem can be corrected if you do proper reference instead of cross-reference. To verify every verse and it's meaning, please refer only to the Jews.

From you: "If you went back to ISAIAH 9:6 this verse posted below is about JESUS. IF you notice he is called WONDERFUL, COUNSELOR, all mighty GOD, everylasting FATHER the prince of PEACE."

The above verse has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus. Isaiah 9 is actually titled as a promise of eventual peace to the throne of David and it has nothing to do with Jesus.

Isaiah 9:5-6 of the Jews: "For a child is born unto us, A son is given unto us,And the government is upon his shoulder; And his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar-shalom; That the government may be increased, Upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, To establish it, and to uphold it Through justice and through righteousness From henceforth even forever.

Note: The above name means: Wonderful in counsel is God the Mighty, the everlasting Father, the Ruler of peace.

Note: The above note is applicable only to the Lord Almighty. It does not apply to Jesus at all.

Now let us come to Isaiah 9:6-7 of the OT of the Christians, which was titled as"To us a child is born":

"6For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE? In the Jewish meanings, the name belongs only to God Almighty, whereas in the Christian OT, Jesus becomes the Wonderful Counselor, he becomes Mighty God, he becomes Everlasting Father and he becomes the Prince of Peace. That is NOT the meaning at all.

Lady, this is a serious problem with Christian Scriptures, which distort the meanings of the Jewish Holy Scriptures.

We have no such problems in the Qur'aan where the Lord Almighty God remains the God everywhere and no cross-referencing is required at all.

Our job is to point out the flaws and your job is to read, understand, check both the Scriptures and appreciate our concerns but there is no way now that you can fix it.

Edited by bmzsp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 35>
  Share Topic