IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus Christ did not die for our sins.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus Christ did not die for our sins.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jesus Christ did not die for our sins.
    Posted: 25 December 2006 at 5:39pm

Yes, Hayfa, I totally agree with you.  I remember the Bible verse which goes, "what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul."

God's Peace,

Patty

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2006 at 11:19am

I think it is the one of the most profound aspect of the message of Jesus..  It impacted by life tremendously as this was the aspect that were emphasized as we were raised.

I think that is one of the saddest aspect to the world we live in.. that we have become so focused on acculmulating matieral goods that we have lost the spiritual. All that junk you cannot take with you.. you'd think we'd realize that from the Egyptians who tried to take all that gold and items with them.. and they were still here 1000 years later.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 5:59pm

Hello Hayfa!  Good to hear from you too.  I am quite familiar with the Maryknoll....they are fantastic!  And yes, Jesus was the one who taught us to love everyone....even those who many of us would shun as being "unworthy" of our attention or respect.  Very sad.  When I am tempted to say something, or do something unkind, the words of Jesus come back to me where he said, "whatever you do to the least of these, you have done it also to me."  Makes you think before you speak, doesn't it?

God's Peace,

Patty

Patty

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 12:46pm

Hey Patty,

Good to see you post again.

I like what you said about Jesus hanging out with the "sinners." In a way Jesus was about being with the poor and oppressed.. You know about Maryknoll? They are some of the people I most respect in Catholicism. 

I think that in a way people want to ignore this aspect of what Jesus said. To truly love and care for those on the "edge" is something really special that Jesus did. Those that people have forgotten are not forgotten by God.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 9:58am

I haven't posted here for months, and it may be months before I post again.  But as a devout Roman Catholic, I have something to say to Christian Lady.  It all comes down to this:  "For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God."  and...."Judge not, lest ye be judged." 

I have read and studied the Bible all my life, and I'm a lot older than  you.  I do know you mean well, but you are turning people AWAY from God by your constant superior attitude.  We are all just people here, and you are no better or more loved by God than any of the others on this board.  So I believe you should lose this pompous, know-it-all behavior before you continue to do harm. 

We will never agree with everyone.  My Church believes that if you are Catholic, you have an obligation to follow the teachings of our Church; however, we also believe that God loves each one of us dearly and ALL PEOPLE who are sincerely making every effort to live a moral, just, upright life according to the dictates of their conscience, WILL SEE GOD.  I believe in a loving God....a forgiving God, and a very intelligent God.  My God will not send one of His creation to Hell because they don't believe exactly as the Methodists/Muslims/Baptist or any other religion here on earth, AS LONG AS that person is striving to do the very best they can according to moral standards and their own well-formed conscience (which GOD gives us at birth.)

You must learn tolerance and accept that we may have differences in doctrines, but we who do what God would have us do will see him one day....no matter what religion/faith we adhere to.  Remember, Jesus "hung out" with the sinners.  Those were the ones he concentrated on....and he was greatly disturbed by those who behaved "holier than thou"....such as the high priests who prayed loudly so everyone could hear them!

I doubt that you'll accept anything I say, as you have obviously been deeply indoctrinated into the evangelical/apostolic/pentacostal/oneness beliefs.  Very sad that so many people pour out their own brand of rath upon others, and try to determine who is worthy and who is not.  Only God can do that.

God's Peace to All,

Patty

Patty

Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 8:51am

Hold fast to the rope of Allah, and be not divided

Edited by Hanan
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

You can not consider me Christian, 

You can claim all you want we are not Christians, but we take on the name of Christ in everything we do.  EVERYTHING we do. 

I think maybe that might be my mistake, Angela. I stated that you are christian but mormon. I apologise for that. 

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by ChristianLady ChristianLady wrote:

Angela is christian, she mormon SORRY I do not consider MORMONS OR JEHOVAH WITNESSES CHRISTIAN. And neither do thousands of Evangelical christian churches. Mormons believe Jesus is the brother of SATAN. Sorry that is not my kind of church.

Now I am really out of here lol

Well, this is true.  We believe that God is the literal father of all of our souls,  He created us the same as he did Jesus and Lucifer.  Lucifer was arrogant and wanted to rob humanity of its free will, he wanted the Glory for himself and not for Heavenly Father.  Jesus Christ was not God the Father, he was a Child of God, like all of us.  He was the best of us and that is why he came as our Savior and Redeemer.  Satan rebelled against God and was cast from heaven with a 3rd of the Heavenly Host and he is our eternal enemy.  He would have us all suffer with him and not receive our eternal rewards and return to our precious Heavenly Father. 

You can not consider me Christian, but I profess my Testimony that Christ is my Redeemer and he is the Son of God.  You can claim all you want we are not Christians, but we take on the name of Christ in everything we do.  EVERYTHING we do.  We stress obedience to God's laws and the atoning sacrifice and forgiveness available through Christ.  Most "Christians" in "mainstream" faiths are nothing but hypocrites.  I was not raised Mormon, I know very well what is taught by so called "Real" Christians, and frankly its appauling. 

But, then again, that is why I wasn't going to join this discussion, you are just another of the many, many, many proofs I have of the UnChristian behavior of "so called" Christians.  This is why I consider Mainstream evangelicals to be arrogant and mislead from the Path of Christ and why I would take Shahada before ever returning to a so called "mainstream" Christian church.  Its also why I don't engage in these round robin and senseless arguments.  Christ loves us all, no one who is a good person will be kept from Heaven and no one who is wicked will go unpunished.  God's Justice is PERFECT.

Matthew 7

Judging Others

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

6"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Ask, Seek, Knock

7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

The Narrow and Wide Gates

13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

A Tree and Its Fruit

15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

The Wise and Foolish Builders

24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

28When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
  Share Topic