IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Im outa here for a while!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIm outa here for a while!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Im outa here for a while!
    Posted: 13 June 2006 at 3:49am

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 5:56am

Salam Marya,

I just would like to say that we certainly cannot hate americans for being americans, especially if they are muslims but just because one is Muslim does not mean he cannot be challenged politically.

Let's forget about nationality for a moment. Let's have a look at the Kings of Saudi Arabia. I am a Muslim and an Arab, just like them, but I still am criticizing them and I actually dislike them because for me they do things which are not right.

Same for Americans. You have to remember Marya that people in Afghanistan have been attacked by the US, there have been tortures, same in Iraq. I have not ready any of the messages written by that Afghani but I can tell you i have met Afghani and they are still traumatised by what they have seen/lived in their country because of the US.

You are not responsible but if you manage to go over nationalism, you will realise that he is probably angry at your government and the many people who supports the war and still vote for Bush.

Besides, if political comments you disagree with challenge your faith, then you did not have faith in the first place. Among Muslims people, there are disgreements, poeple do not have the same political views, there are wars sometimes. This is the way it is.

I will not lie to you, I do not like the US, especially after Abu Ghraib. I think this is because this person suffered a lot that he is rejecting the fact that americans can appropriate islam. I am not saying this is true and this is right, but it must be confusing for some people.

One last thing: Islam does not need poeple to convert. We are not doing marketing *EDITED*in order to get more people in the mosque. If you pray, God does not win anything, if you don't, He does not lose anything. Muslims should not be trying to please, you should be doing this for yourself.

Good luck whichever decision you make,

Muslima

Edited by amah
Allah Ou Akbar!
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 6:34am

One last thing: Americans are extremely nationalist (they worship their flag!) and I think when you become a Muslim or if you are, you have to leave nationalism behind and focus on the concept of Ummah.

Attacks on one particular nation should not affect you. Attacks on innocent people should (whether Muslims or not by the way).

mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 6:38am
[

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 6:46am

If you keep faith, you are a victory to yourself. God does not need us, we are the ones who need Him.

This is what I meant Marya.

You need to embrace Islam for what it is, not for its followers because they are often divided on some issues.

Allah marak,

Muslima

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 1:15pm

Muslima said:

"(they worship their flag!)"

No, we don't "worship" our flag.  I have no idea where you got that, but it is incorrect, as I have posted under another thread.  We honor our flag in memory of those dear friends and relatives who gave their lives fighting for our country.  To "worship" an inanimate object is idolatry....a grievous sin.  Americans do not worship the flag.  Just a little correction here.

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Srya View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 8:40pm

Dear Patty,

I thought this was the perfect opportunity to comment on something which is not related to the flag more on what you said regarding idolatry.

You wrote:"worship" an inanimate object is idolatry....a grievous sin.

I am glad to know you understand this. But what is your perception of idiolatry? First let me say I am curious what you think idolatry is? Perhaps the Golden Calf comes into mind? The story with Mousa pbuh?

As I can tell you already know in Christianity all idiolatry is wrong. But, I have another question which is:When you pray to God what picture comes in your head if any? Perhaps Jesus pbuh? Most all Christian faiths pray to God thru Jesus pbuh right? If your answer is "Yes" when you do pray to God a picture of what you think Jesus pbuh looks comes in your head. So, please explain  how do you differentiate that as not being idiolatry? How do you know what he looks like? Even your picture you have on this website which is supposed to represent Jesus pbuh and Mary God be pleased with her how is that not a form of idiolatry?

You do not need a golden object to bow and pray to,to only comment idiolatry. Many Christians even in my Catholic Family prays to God thru objects (pictures in their heads etc)  and they don't see that as a greivous sin, but it is.

I hope I maybe helped in your quest for the truth. Inshallah (If God Bless)

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 12:40am
Dear sisters Patty and Suzanne,

If you wish to discuss this issue further , kindly start a thread in the appropriate section.

Thank you.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic