IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - India is No.1 in outsourcing: IAOP report  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

India is No.1 in outsourcing: IAOP report

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: India is No.1 in outsourcing: IAOP report
    Posted: 12 June 2006 at 11:53pm

India is No. 1 in outsourcing: IAOP report
UNI

Monday, June 12, 2006  19:26 IST

WASHINGTON: More than three-quarters of the top providers of offshore services to US companies have their operations in India, according to a new study by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP).

The study also states that China, Eastern Europe, and Russia, while lagging far behind India, are starting to show up more often on the worldwide outsourcing map.  

Twenty-three of the 30 top-ranked offshore providers are located in India making it by far the number one destination for outsourcing while neighbours in the hemisphere are beginning to make progress in the industry, the study says.

"This reemphasises how strong India is in terms of offshore services," Michael Corbett, executive director of the IAOP, said.

He said although areas like Africa and the Philippines have shown growth as outsource destinations, few companies operating there are ready to step up on a worldwide basis, unless they are already part of a global operation.

The top-five companies-24/7 Customer, Ajuba International, Bleum, Cognizant Technologies, and EPAM Systems-are among the IAOP's "rising stars," firms with strong growth performance but significantly less public awareness than Genpact, Wipro, or Equinox, according to the CRM Magazine.

"From Mumbai to Moscow, and from Shanghai to the Philippines, American business is finding ways to do things faster, better, and more efficiently offshore. And the leading offshore providers are taking the challenge and creating a feedback loop to insure continuous process improvements," the study said.

Among the leading functions moving from the US to offshore locations are IT support, toll-free call and email responses, consumer transaction processing, and financial and document management. Most are tasks that are labour intensive, require significant attention to detail, and demand real-time digital resolution.

ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 12:13am
I work with people from India and Brazil everyday at my job, nothing new in the article I guess. The worst part is the language barrier, it takes so much longer when you have to explain things 2-3 times before someone understands you. That goes both ways. I've talked with many of people that seem really nice and people I wouldn't mind to get to know.

Edited by ops154
Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 7:37am
Originally posted by ops154 ops154 wrote:

I work with people from India and Brazil everyday at my job, nothing new in the article I guess. The worst part is the language barrier, it takes so much longer when you have to explain things 2-3 times before someone understands you. That goes both ways. I've talked with many of people that seem really nice and people I wouldn't mind to get to know. Good thing not everyone in India is like you Salman.

Ops do they all talk like apu?
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 7:38am

I work with people from India and Brazil everyday at my job, nothing new in the article I guess. The worst part is the language barrier, it takes so much longer when you have to explain things 2-3 times before someone understands you. That goes both ways. I've talked with many of people that seem really nice and people I wouldn't mind to get to know. Good thing not everyone in India is like you Salman.

Bismillah,

And I thought you were being nice until your last, STUPID statement.  I disagree with Brother Salman about almost everything, but no need to be caustic.

Brother Salman,

Are you gloating?

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

And I thought you were being nice until your last, STUPID statement.  I disagree with Brother Salman about almost everything, but no need to be caustic.

Brother Salman,

Are you gloating?

Peace

Happy now?

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic