IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Thanks  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thanks
    Posted: 12 June 2006 at 8:26am

Thank you Peacemaker for closing another thread. This time for "bickering". Just because one person was behaving evasively and somewhat childishly shouldn't be a reason for closing a serious thread.. All I want to know is does Salman think Zarqawi is derserving of martyrdom? It's a simple question.

Top Moderator tip no 324: Locking a thread is a sure fire way of making an awkward thread slip down the list out of immediate sight...much better than moving it to some less active place in the forum.

Edited by Colin
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 10:11pm

Colin,

Your question was answered by me in that thread before that "bickering" started. 

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Collin,

Your question was answered by me in that thread before that "bickering" started. 

Peace

Peacemaker, thank you for your answer but I really wanted Salman to answer the question. Salman is quick to respond to most Islamic issues but strangely reticent about my simple but highly pertenent question. Also, What Angela said was not bickering, she made a valid point and Salman answered with an infantile reponse. Perhaps a simple warning to Salman would have been all that was necessary to get the thread back on track. Locking the thread was, in my humble opinion, overkill.  To me, moderation means acting moderately.

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 12:13am
Colin,

Message for you from Salman: He answered your question:

"my response to everybody regarding this topic :-

if i had to give my point of view my response would be that i don't know if al zarqawi is an islamic martyr or not. Allah knows best"

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5238& ;PN=2&TPN=4

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 12:18am
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Colin,

Message for you from Salman: He answered your question:

"my response to everybody regarding this topic :-

if i had to give my point of view my response would be that i don't know if al zarqawi is an islamic martyr or not. Allah knows best"

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5238& ; ;PN=2&TPN=4

Yes I know Amah, where I come from we call that a cop out.

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 12:18am
Brother Colin,

You have a right to your opinion and so do the moderators. Kindly respect the moderators' decisions. We expect that, especially from you.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 12:24am

Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Brother Colin,

You have a right to your opinion and so do the moderators. Kindly respect the moderators' decisions. We expect that, especially from you.

Amah, I disagree with the decision for the reasons stated above, but recognise that moderators can do what they like.

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 12:33am
No Brother. Moderators do not do "what they feel like". I am sorry you feel that way.

I am sure you must have read the updated guidelines.

Peace.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic