IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A very funny incident with Prophet Moses  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A very funny incident with Prophet Moses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 4:39am
Originally posted by zulqarnain zulqarnain wrote:

DavidC, I don't think there is anything
rong with the personalities of the Prophets, after all they were human beings- they weren't solemn-faced teachers! I think, a person without any interesting charachter is a really dull person.

I couldn't agree more.  In one of the hadith I remember the Prophet stopped someone preaching about Allah in the marketplace.  He told him to go home and give the people a break. 
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 7:21am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

i think Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) had really nice sense of humour, it is narrated that once an old lady asked him (saw) whether she is going to heaven or not, he (saw) told her that no old people don't go to heaven.  later on when she got upset Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) did clarify it to her that Allah swt blesses people of jannah with eternal youth. subhanAllah

there is another incident which i quite like, there were a group of sahabh (ra) sitting with Sayyidina Muhammad (saw), they were all eating dates, Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) started throwing his date stones infront of Ali (ra), seeing him all the companions did the same and after a while there was a big pile infront of ali (ra), Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said to every one, look how hungry is ali today he has eaten so many dates, on which ali (ra) said am i the hungry one or you lot who ate their dates including the date stone,

wassalam

p.s. i think moderators should move it to the prophets section, it will fit there better.

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 8:22am

My favorite hadith is when Fatima asked her father for a slave from the captives...

Volume 7, Book 64, Number 274:

Narrated Ali:

Fatima went to the Prophet complaining about the bad effect of the stone hand-mill on her hand. She heard that the Prophet had received a few slave girls. But (when she came there) she did not find him, so she mentioned her problem to 'Aisha. When the Prophet came, 'Aisha informed him about that. 'Ali added, "So the Prophet came to us when we had gone to bed. We wanted to get up (on his arrival) but he said, 'Stay where you are." Then he came and sat between me and her and I felt the coldness of his feet on my abdomen. He said, "Shall I direct you to something better than what you have requested? When you go to bed say 'Subhan Allah' thirty-three times, 'Alhamdulillah' thirty three times, and Allahu Akbar' thirty four times, for that is better for you than a servant."

I love the image of the wise father, playfully sitting between his daugther and son in law and dispensing wisdom to them in their beds, all the while propping his feet on his son in law.    It shows he had a good relationship with his family. 

fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 5:44am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

may Allah swt bless you with guidance to His pleasure, ameen, your posts make me smile almost every time

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic